Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Which shock bushing goes on top?

Old 11-22-2010, 05:05 AM   #1
trdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdracing5's Tacoma Gallery
Which shock bushing goes on top?

I am trying to assemble my Bilstein shocks and OME coils. I ordered the shock bushing set from Toytec. My question is......which bushing goes on top and which goes on bottom? There is a larger one and a smaller one. Can't find any directions anywhere.

Old 11-22-2010, 08:12 AM   #2
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
Me thinks the little one. Can't really remember when I did mine I kept them in order, if it were mine I'de put the little one on top, as the big one will absorbe more as the spring is compressed.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:34 AM   #4
trdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I am trying to assemble a set of shocks and coils to replace the ones on the tacoma. The original ones are still on the Tacoma so I do not have them off to use for a comparison.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:47 PM   #5

Ok Toytec helped me with this issue. The larger bushing and larger washer go on top.
I hope this information might help someone else who has the same question.