Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

outside air temp sensor/reader

Old 11-23-2010, 08:26 PM   #1
vantaco is just really nicevantaco is just really nicevantaco is just really nicevantaco is just really nice
vantaco's Tacoma Gallery
outside air temp sensor/reader

just curious if there is a mod to add an exterior air temperature sensor and reader...ie using a mirror or something else from another toyota model

any info would be great

thanks
Old 11-23-2010, 08:50 PM   #2
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantaco View Post
just curious if there is a mod to add an exterior air temperature sensor and reader...ie using a mirror or something else from another toyota model

any info would be great

thanks
FWIW I was able to add in an XGauge code to my ScanGauge II that reads the air intake temps. Pretty cool actually. When I'm rolling down the road the readout on the SGII seems to be consistantly 5* higher than outside temps.

I do have the deck plate mod with the cover off.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:50 AM   #3
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
That is the same thing that I do. My ultragauge shows my intake temp and since I have the deckplate mod, I know that the temp is gonna be close to what it is outside.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:34 AM   #4
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I added a $10 wireless accurite from WalMart.
Painted it with Testors Black Model paint.
Put the wireless sensor tucked up /velcro'd up by the spare.
Gives inside and outside temps.

Added a little light setup for night time.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:58 AM   #5
vantaco is just really nicevantaco is just really nicevantaco is just really nicevantaco is just really nice
vantaco's Tacoma Gallery
ok..i'm not getting a SC do that's out...and i'd like to keep it oem if possible

do tundras have the outside temp displays?
Old 11-24-2010, 09:51 AM   #6
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
I added a $10 wireless accurite from WalMart.
Painted it with Testors Black Model paint.
Put the wireless sensor tucked up /velcro'd up by the spare.
Gives inside and outside temps.

Added a little light setup for night time.
What dept at Wal-mart is that temp gauge in ?
Old 11-24-2010, 04:56 PM   #8
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by twfsa View Post
What dept at Wal-mart is that temp gauge in ?
My WalMart had the Accurites near the hardware with all the weather stations, fancy outside thermometers etc. I think Mark got his in the auto section, but he could tell you for sure. My light came from Walmart too in auto.