Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tranny is shifting hard...

Old 11-28-2010, 07:45 PM   #1
Carpe Diem
Kuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Kuneff's Tacoma Gallery
Tranny is shifting hard...

97 Tacoma 4cyl 5 speed. I have the gear lube in the tranny that the truck calls for and on cold morning (sub 40) the tranny is very hard to shift. once it all warms up it shifts fine.

What I am wondering is if anyone else is having this problem and IF switching to synthetic would help the issue? I was thinking about trying some Royal Purple in it and see if it help, but I don't wanna wast $60+ if it does not make it shift better cold.

Any thoughts???
Old 11-29-2010, 06:25 AM   #3
Carpe Diem
Kuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Kuneff's Tacoma Gallery
Its hard to put into 1st period, 2nd is hard, 3rd is even a little hard. Downshifting into 1st when it is cold is just about impossible.

So it might be worth a try then...