1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

5 lug taco rear lockers

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by dirtroader, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Aug 7, 2008 at 8:14 PM
    dirtroader

dirtroader [OP] Member

Member:
    USA
    Vehicle:
    03 taco bone stock
    What type of differential lock can I run in my tacoma. I would like somthing selectable and a couple hundred bucks. what would it take to install myself

also what type of trailer load have you guys pulled with 4 cyl 2wd tacomas??

thanks

2. Aug 8, 2008 at 6:55 AM
    stucksucksnayota

stucksucksnayota Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Barry
    Fort Smith, Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    14 Taco 4x4 TRD Sport DCSB
    OEM roof rack, Shorty antenna (eBay), soft tonneau cover, K&N drop in air filter, bed mat, interior LED lights, 5100's, MT tires to come soon!!!
    I dont really know that much about diffrent locker brands but I know when I was looking for a couple ( Front and Rear) for my fj-40 landcruiser they can get very expensive. So i would suggest maybe trying to find a TRD E-locker to throw in there probably work better and be easier to install. But if you want to go another route then I would say you need to decide if you want selectable or all time. If its your DD i would say def selectable then you need to deside on air or electric. From what ive seen air lockers allow you to turn it lock it and unlock it alot faster and easier then electric lockers but the down side is you have to have a compresser and an air tank. Well this is probably more info then you wanted and i didnt really answer your question lol

If it was me and i wanted one for my DD and was on some what of a budget look around the salvage yards for the TRD E-locker that comes stock and if you cant find one i would ether look into geting a lock right or an aftermarket e locker

3. Aug 8, 2008 at 12:51 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
  4. Aug 8, 2008 at 1:54 PM
    prophet

prophet Member

Member:
    Peoria
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner SR5
    $400 for a Powertrax or a Detroit Locker.

Products Discussed in

To Top