LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

transmission problem.......fluid adding problem

Old 11-29-2010, 04:06 PM   #1
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
transmission problem.......fluid adding problem

well.....2 weeks ago, i did a drain and fill on my 04. i put in 3 quarts, and it checked right on the mark on the cool level. lately....my 3rd and 4th gear shifts(automatic) have been kinda long/hesitant a bit. so today.....checked the fluid after driving home for 45 minutes, and the dipstick showed oil on the cool mark, so i figure im a quart low. so, i add a quart, drive around the block, and recheck....still in the cool zone. im not sure what to do really. im thinking i should add another quart, but i cant figure why its reading that way. any of yall ran into this and have any ideas??
Old 11-29-2010, 05:02 PM   #2
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
well.....2 weeks ago, i did a drain and fill on my 04. i put in 3 quarts, and it checked right on the mark on the cool level. lately....my 3rd and 4th gear shifts(automatic) have been kinda long/hesitant a bit. so today.....checked the fluid after driving home for 45 minutes, and the dipstick showed oil on the cool mark, so i figure im a quart low. so, i add a quart, drive around the block, and recheck....still in the cool zone. im not sure what to do really. im thinking i should add another quart, but i cant figure why its reading that way. any of yall ran into this and have any ideas??
hmmm i think it takes more than 4 quarts . you have the torque converter and the pan
Old 11-29-2010, 05:13 PM   #3
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL TACOROJO View Post
hmmm i think it takes more than 4 quarts . you have the torque converter and the pan
but thats the thing....all i did was a simple drain and refill......which i thought was 3 quarts, but its not showing on the "w" mark on the dipstick..even after driving for a bit.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:13 PM   #4
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
A drain and fill should only take 2 liters. A dry fill will take 10 liters.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:16 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
A drain and fill should only take 2 liters. A dry fill will take 10 liters.
well......as i mentioned,all i did was a drain and refill.....added 3 quarts and it read on the cool mark. even after driving...it still doesnt show on the warm mark. after adding an extra quart today...after its shut off...it's reading on the warm mark. if i crank it up and go thru thye gears...it'll only show in the cool mark...even after driving a litle bit/around the block. see...i checked it today after driving home 45 minutes from work....and it wasnt on the warm mark.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:18 PM   #6
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

5 to 5 1/2 quarts
Old 11-29-2010, 05:28 PM   #7
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/2003/Repa...340ea/lubr.pdf

FSM's have been wrong before. How much came out Will?
Old 11-29-2010, 05:35 PM   #8

if your doin a dry fill the converter gets filled when flat before it is installed then you fill the trans thats how you get the 10 qt dry fill. so in turn when you drai half the converter liqued comes out along with the pan fluid
Old 11-29-2010, 05:37 PM   #9
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
how much came out when you drained?
Old 11-29-2010, 06:25 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoNut View Post
how much came out when you drained?
i wasnt able to tell this time.....all my containers were full.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:32 PM   #11
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
possible you were low before the drain and refill?
Old 11-29-2010, 07:05 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
possible you were low before the drain and refill?
yeah man...its possible...because last time I only added 3 qts back in. I have 4 in now....and gonna
Add a 5th one.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:57 PM   #13
'02TRD will become famous soon enough

Name: Jason
'02TRD's Tacoma Gallery
perfect time to get a 5-speed. jk i know how bad transmission troubles can be though, good luck
Old 11-29-2010, 08:42 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by '02TRD View Post
perfect time to get a 5-speed. jk i know how bad transmission troubles can be though, good luck
ahaha....dude....i WAY too lazy for a 5 speed. and i drive in alot of traffic back and forth to work. tired as hell morning and evening..and 5 speed and me....no bueno!!

well....im gonna add the 5th quart tomorrow after worka and drive it home and see how it does. im gonna get it flushed soon as well...maybe this weekend or next.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:37 AM   #15

did my transmission flush today......and did it with 12 quarts of t4. does 12 quarts sound about right?
Old 02-05-2012, 11:44 AM   #16
dbrosnan2009 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Navy beer drinker
Name: Dan
dbrosnan2009's Tacoma Gallery
Hello, I am new to the forum. This is confuising to me. I drained my 2004 V6, 5VZ, 2 wd transmission by removing the plug on the bottom of the pan. I do not know how much came out as it went into a large waste container. The owners manual says drain and fill "up to 2" which I assumed was 2 quarts. I put 2 quarts of toyota type IV and drove a few miles and checked ..... ATF reads way low. My dipstick has 4 notches. Two notched down low by the cold and 2 nothes up high by the hot. Does any one really know how many quarts of ATF are needed to refill after draining from the plug on the bottom of the pan? Also what is the correct way to check the level? In park or in neutral? How hot does the fluid need to be?
Old 02-05-2012, 11:56 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrosnan2009 View Post
Hello, I am new to the forum. This is confuising to me. I drained my 2004 V6, 5VZ, 2 wd transmission by removing the plug on the bottom of the pan. I do not know how much came out as it went into a large waste container. The owners manual says drain and fill "up to 2" which I assumed was 2 quarts. I put 2 quarts of toyota type IV and drove a few miles and checked ..... ATF reads way low. My dipstick has 4 notches. Two notched down low by the cold and 2 nothes up high by the hot. Does any one really know how many quarts of ATF are needed to refill after draining from the plug on the bottom of the pan? Also what is the correct way to check the level? In park or in neutral? How hot does the fluid need to be?
needs to be driven at least 15 minutes to heat up the fluid. and dont go by the manual in this case...its wrong. 4 quarts for a drain and fill will put it where it needs to be.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...g-inquiry.html