Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

? about Budbuilts

Old 11-29-2010, 07:04 PM   #1
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
? about Budbuilts

Do they come with extended bolts for attaching it at the front and in the middle?

I got mine from a guy for free, and i cant get it attached, i got the bracket attached to the rack and Pinion, but i cant get my orignal bolts to catch on the front an middle.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:50 PM   #3
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
I only have the front piece of the two pieces, but the bolts he sent with it for the front attachment really aren't all that long. Maybe an 1" - 1.5". They are grade 8 bolts as well.

The bolts just fit right in the screw clips that were already on the vehicle. Could you take a pic of what you're trying to do? Maybe you have something wrong.

Does your skid plate look like the ones pictured http://www.budbuilt.com/new/tacoma.html

Really, if you got the bracket on the steering rack on ok, there's only one place that it can bolt on. I just use my floor jack to lift it up and screw everything in. (a racheting wrench helps a ton for the bolts that attach to the rack bracket since theres no room for a socket)
Old 11-30-2010, 09:00 AM   #4
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
Yea i have that first picture on that page. I was using a floor jack, but i dont have the bolts which came with the skid plate to use for at the front, so im gonna go out and pick up some longer grade 8 bolts to use for the front part. Plus mine is Line-xed which makes it a little thicker than it normally would be.