Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Who has made their own bumper for a First gen?

Old 12-01-2010, 07:34 AM   #1
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Who has made their own bumper for a First gen?

Who all has made their own bumper? I have a guy who will make me a bumper, and I just wanted to see some of yours. Also if you have some dimensions or specs on how you designed it could you post those too? I'll pay for your dimensions. I will take my own but I don't know what all to measure. Also how did you attach it to the truck? Stock mounting holes or did you weld on a crossmember? Any help would be MUCH APPRECIATED
Old 12-01-2010, 04:08 PM   #2
Pig Punisher is on a distinguished road

Pig Punisher's Tacoma Gallery
Check out project 96 4runner on toyota trucks and suv's on this site. Very nice bumper. Hope this helps.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:55 PM   #3
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettb View Post
Who all has made their own bumper? I have a guy who will make me a bumper, and I just wanted to see some of yours. Also if you have some dimensions or specs on how you designed it could you post those too? I'll pay for your dimensions. I will take my own but I don't know what all to measure. Also how did you attach it to the truck? Stock mounting holes or did you weld on a crossmember? Any help would be MUCH APPRECIATED
I'm the local TW member that absolutely loaths the looks /functionality of the stock front bumper (if thats what ya wanna call it !!) on at least '98 -'00 Tacomas have, although I haven't come up with an end design I like yet, I DID trim the existing front bumper down about as much as you can without completely losing it & have gotten mixed results in opinions, personally I like it trimmed down but like anything else opinions vary & I will say there were many more "I like it" feedback than " I don't like it"...

For the record about 90% of the front "cowling" is useless except for covering an area of the lower part of the radiator that becomes exposed when trimming (which is why toyota made it rather large & bulky anyway)...

But its something to consider while your coming up with your own design or while finding one you like... good luck

Oh yeah I relocated the stock turn signals onto the stock front bumper brackets

Old 12-01-2010, 07:39 PM   #4
Nitronick will become famous soon enoughNitronick will become famous soon enough
Name: Nick
Nitronick's Tacoma Gallery
i have ;D
Old 12-08-2010, 07:03 PM   #6
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post

Putem' up brother !!
Word!!! And I want a bumper I can put a winch on and it can take some rough hits. The stock cardboard bumper is a piece of SHIT. Weakest bumper I have ever seen.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:07 PM   #7

brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig Punisher View Post
Check out project 96 4runner on toyota trucks and suv's on this site. Very nice bumper. Hope this helps.
Sweet thanks!! I hope I can use those pictures for making mine.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:34 PM   #8
Noslo28 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brad
Noslo28's Tacoma Gallery
Are you looking for front or rear? I'm working on making my own rear bumper with an extra set of rubber mounted back up lights. I have an ARB front bumper.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:52 PM   #9
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
Check these out they may give you an idea of what you want
Old 12-08-2010, 08:57 PM   #10
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIM
Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
i've made a few

PM me if you need help and i'd be more than happy to help you get started