Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

best offroad lights?

Old 12-05-2010, 11:09 AM   #1
98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
98fourbangertaco's Tacoma Gallery
best offroad lights?

i had a set of hella 500s on my truck and was in a bump up the other day and they were busted, i gave 15 bucks for em used and the insurance company gave me 64 bucks for em, i want a new set of lights but i dont know whether to buy another set of hellas or get something else, i liked the hellas but is there another sent of lights that would be better for around the 64 dollar or less range? thanks in advance
Old 12-05-2010, 11:45 AM   #2
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98fourbangertaco View Post
i had a set of hella 500s on my truck and was in a bump up the other day and they were busted, i gave 15 bucks for em used and the insurance company gave me 64 bucks for em, i want a new set of lights but i dont know whether to buy another set of hellas or get something else, i liked the hellas but is there another sent of lights that would be better for around the 64 dollar or less range? thanks in advance
HELLA 4000 Metal Lamps... built for the Baja!

Old 12-05-2010, 12:49 PM   #4
98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
98fourbangertaco's Tacoma Gallery
and also how much brighter would a 100w light be vs a 55w, from what i have heard that here in nc a 55w is the brighest you can use on the highway as a fog light but it really who is gonna write u a ticket for that, procomp has a 100w light for 30 bucks a piece and i need two and a set of 2 hella 500 series 55w lights are 64 bucks so really i could get the 100w procomps for the same price as the 55w hellas, what do you guys recomend?
Old 12-05-2010, 12:52 PM   #5
iForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to all
iForceTUNDRA's Tacoma Gallery
i got hella 700's for 70 bucks for both brand new from 4wheelparts. Not HID but there not bad at all.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:28 PM   #6
Duck Killing Machine
Siebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CJ
Siebler's Tacoma Gallery
the 700's are alright, Ive got 3 of those on my truck along with some Piaa 40's and pia 5-somethings.

For 99 a set at ORW the 40 rounds are one of the better lights of chepa lights ive used. Id spend a little more and get them over the hellas.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:07 PM   #7
White Tank
SkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
SkyHighTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Hella 500's with the HID conversion kit?
Old 12-05-2010, 06:16 PM   #9
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
^ 2 for 59? from where!
Old 12-05-2010, 07:13 PM   #11
To secure peace, is to prepare for war
TacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacomaJPP's Tacoma Gallery
I owned a set of KC Daylighters (165w) and liked them. I had those on my 97. I'm getting ready to order some more for my 2003. However, I'm going to get the slim version. I'm still debating long range or flood lights....
Old 12-05-2010, 08:32 PM   #12
White Tank
SkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaJPP View Post
I owned a set of KC Daylighters (165w) and liked them. I had those on my 97. I'm getting ready to order some more for my 2003. However, I'm going to get the slim version. I'm still debating long range or flood lights....
2 and 2?
Old 12-05-2010, 08:32 PM   #13
White Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98fourbangertaco View Post
i went ahead and ordered a set of 2 black series 100w pro comps, shipped to my door they were $59.99, i dont think i can beat that for a 100w light
Pics when you get them installed please!
Old 12-05-2010, 08:42 PM   #14
To secure peace, is to prepare for war
TacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacomaJPP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHighTacoma View Post
2 and 2?
Thought about that too. The only way I've come up with easily doing it is by mounting one set (long range) on the top of the light bar on my brushguard and the floods upside down underneath the light bar...