Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Cold Weather AT Shifting

Old 12-06-2010, 07:29 AM   #1
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
Cold Weather AT Shifting

I noticed that as the weather has turned colder that until the trans warms up a bit 2-3 miles it shifts a slower I only notice this on hills it seems to stay in second gear a little longer, after the warm up its fine, thinking that the fluid is a little thicker in the valve body. I don't let it set and warm up unless it sets outside and the temp is -0.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:34 AM   #2
gjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: LAR (Master Gunner/Instructor)
Name: Guy
gjbonner's Tacoma Gallery
hahaha yeah it was 0 degrees Fahrenheit up here in Northern Idaho about a week or so ago. I have a 6 speed manual but let me tel you i could feel the sluggishness from the stick and the clutch. all that is normal. just give it some time.