1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any write ups on Side Step Fab?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by JayARRGHH, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Dec 7, 2010 at 5:45 AM
    JayARRGHH

JayARRGHH [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Bellingham, MA
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma SR5 TRD
    285/75/R16 Eldarado MTZ, Alpine CDE-102 Deck, DIY Snorkel, 2" Spacer Lift, Uniden Bearcat 880 CB, Custom over head console w/ map lights, CB Mount, and external CB speaker, 2 12" Kenwood Subwoofers, 300 Watt Alpine Amp, Alpine 3" lift 500# capacity
    I have both a mig and tig welder, I'd prefer to use some scrap tubing, beginner at welding. My main concern is how to mount them to the frame. :confused:

2. Dec 7, 2010 at 7:54 AM
    Johnnie

Johnnie Well-Known Member

Member:
    I.E. SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Feds
    Just make some sliders. They look better and they will protect your truck. You can weld or bolt them to the frame. Side steps come with the mounting holes that you would use to bolt to your frame. If you really want side steps you'll need to find someone with a set and take measurments. You can probably find a used set for $75 or so. When I removed mine, that's how much I sold them for.

3. Dec 7, 2010 at 8:00 AM
    JayARRGHH

JayARRGHH [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Bellingham, MA
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma SR5 TRD
    285/75/R16 Eldarado MTZ, Alpine CDE-102 Deck, DIY Snorkel, 2" Spacer Lift, Uniden Bearcat 880 CB, Custom over head console w/ map lights, CB Mount, and external CB speaker, 2 12" Kenwood Subwoofers, 300 Watt Alpine Amp, Alpine 3" lift 500# capacity
    damn yea i was thinking of just making some sliders :/ but my gf has to get a running start to get in and its not even that tall of a truck just not used to it since my old one was way smaller. SO i guess I'll do the sliders and tell her to suck it up. I'll post pics when I figure something out. Thanks man.

Products Discussed in

To Top