Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Any write ups on Side Step Fab?

Old 12-07-2010, 05:45 AM   #1
JayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud of
Name: Jay
JayARRGHH's Tacoma Gallery
Any write ups on Side Step Fab?

I have both a mig and tig welder, I'd prefer to use some scrap tubing, beginner at welding. My main concern is how to mount them to the frame.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:54 AM   #2
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Just make some sliders. They look better and they will protect your truck. You can weld or bolt them to the frame. Side steps come with the mounting holes that you would use to bolt to your frame. If you really want side steps you'll need to find someone with a set and take measurments. You can probably find a used set for $75 or so. When I removed mine, that's how much I sold them for.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:00 AM   #3
JayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud of
Name: Jay
JayARRGHH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie View Post
Just make some sliders. They look better and they will protect your truck. You can weld or bolt them to the frame. Side steps come with the mounting holes that you would use to bolt to your frame. If you really want side steps you'll need to find someone with a set and take measurments. You can probably find a used set for $75 or so. When I removed mine, that's how much I sold them for.
damn yea i was thinking of just making some sliders :/ but my gf has to get a running start to get in and its not even that tall of a truck just not used to it since my old one was way smaller. SO i guess I'll do the sliders and tell her to suck it up. I'll post pics when I figure something out. Thanks man.