Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Weird sound coming from rear of truck.

Old 12-15-2010, 06:23 PM   #2
mikee72 is on a distinguished road
mikee72's Tacoma Gallery
I along with plenty of other people have had this same noise. As far as I know no one has figured it out and I've had my truck in 3 different shops which all told me the same thing that it could be chipped teath in the rear end but you can't tell until you rip the whole rearend apart. If someone else knows more about this that would be great. And also not to thread jack but does anyone know what model reared these trucks have in them cause it might make it a little easier for me to such for some answers?
Old 12-15-2010, 07:13 PM   #3
To secure peace, is to prepare for war
TacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacomaJPP's Tacoma Gallery
Possibly this?

http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/2000/Serv...ng%20Noise.pdf
Old 12-15-2010, 07:48 PM   #4
mikee72's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks but I know that's not my problem though it may be srq tacos cause I've got drums in the rear and theyve been checked over everytime
Old 12-17-2010, 10:34 AM   #5
"You've Got Red on You"
SRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Damon
SRQ TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee72 View Post
I along with plenty of other people have had this same noise. As far as I know no one has figured it out and I've had my truck in 3 different shops which all told me the same thing that it could be chipped teath in the rear end but you can't tell until you rip the whole rearend apart. If someone else knows more about this that would be great. And also not to thread jack but does anyone know what model reared these trucks have in them cause it might make it a little easier for me to such for some answers?
It could be chipped teeth but I doubt it. It sounds like its coming from the driver rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaJPP View Post
I have drum brakes in the rear.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:43 AM   #6
mikee72's Tacoma Gallery
Mine as with a couple people I have talked to with the same truck and same problem all agreed that it sounds like it's coming from the right rear. And op how long has your truck been doing it and has yours gotten any worse?
Old 02-14-2011, 05:08 PM   #9
mikee72's Tacoma Gallery
Mine just got totaled today bully an a hole who ran a red light do I guess I don't have to worry about it any more :'(
Old 09-18-2013, 01:06 PM   #10
maykevin5 is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
maykevin5's Tacoma Gallery
jack the back up and put it in drive and see where the sound is coming from.