Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

neat link from another site

Old 12-20-2010, 07:26 PM   #1
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
neat link from another site

http://www.ttora.com/forum/archive/index.php/f-21.html

I found a few awesome mods here
THANK YOU TTORA MEMBERS FOR YOUR COOL MODS!

I never had a "midrange" setting in my stereo-till now. 10 friggin years, it's been hiding in there and I just now find out. It's nice to be able to set the mids!

I now have full time power outlets! Fantastic!

I can run the stereo or the scanner now with the driver door open without that annoying chime -thanks to this link I found that wire and pulled it.

I already did the elbow mod and am enjoying more power (albeit along with a slight drop in city MPGs) and a nice little growl coming from the airbox

going back in there to see if there's anything else that I care to do.

I hope you guys can make use of this link too
Old 12-20-2010, 08:19 PM   #2
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
I like tacoma world because it's very active and most of us are dd but ttora definitely has some good info on mods and what not
Old 12-20-2010, 08:29 PM   #3
x ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: tony
x ynot's Tacoma Gallery
added to favorits never know when i will use this
Old 12-20-2010, 09:19 PM   #4
Not all who wander are lost
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

01GREENTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by x ynot View Post
added to favorits never know when i will use this
x's 2
Old 12-21-2010, 06:32 AM   #5
giscott is on a distinguished road
Name: Scott
giscott's Tacoma Gallery
That's a hell of a list, but it sucks that most of the image links are old and not valid anymore. Man, that's a lot of stuff though.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:47 PM   #6
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
nice find OP,saved er to favorites
Old 12-21-2010, 06:13 PM   #7
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks all I am happy I found it too we have a ton of cheap mods threads here but the more the merrier! My thanks to the TTORA guys for putting this list up and for having the nuts to F with stuff so as to come up with such good ideas
Old 12-21-2010, 06:38 PM   #8
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
OP, +1! I'm going to try that midrange setting right now...so cool.

[EDIT: It works! Now when I dial down the bass my (currently) stock system doesn't sound hollow. This thread should be a sticky.]
Old 12-21-2010, 06:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkeith747 View Post
OP, +1! I'm going to try that midrange setting right now...so cool.
I know!! It's a kick in the ass to me such a silly thing but I was so disappointed when I found no mid setting-now I have one! When I did mine-I saw that as I held in the tune button it took more like 25 seconds until I heard a LOUD beep-then-voila! So cool.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:13 PM   #10
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
When I did mine-I saw that as I held in the tune button it took more like 25 seconds until I heard a LOUD beep-then-voila! So cool.
Yep, me too. Also, mine switched back to the bass setting while I was holding the tune button down...so I thought "sh!t, I don't have the right stereo," and let go. Tried it again, and even though it switched back to the bass setting, I kept holding it --> "beep" = paydirt!
Old 12-21-2010, 08:37 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkeith747 View Post
Yep, me too. Also, mine switched back to the bass setting while I was holding the tune button down...so I thought "sh!t, I don't have the right stereo," and let go. Tried it again, and even though it switched back to the bass setting, I kept holding it --> "beep" = paydirt!
Ahh yup-the truck that keeps on giving!!!!
Thanks Chris for stikkin it
Old 12-21-2010, 09:26 PM   #12
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
Thats awesome the mid range setting make the radio sound a lot better.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:35 AM   #13
BoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
BoostingMS6's Tacoma Gallery
Link isn't working for me?
Old 12-22-2010, 11:38 AM   #14
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostingMS6 View Post
Link isn't working for me?
Me either. Wonder if they pulled the link.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:40 AM   #16
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Linkie no workie
Old 12-22-2010, 11:43 AM   #17
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
I think TTORA is down
Old 12-22-2010, 12:40 PM   #18
SYVtaco is on a distinguished road
SYVtaco's Tacoma Gallery
ttora is down for today, should be back up tomorrow
Old 12-22-2010, 04:24 PM   #19

TTORA is back and so is link
Old 12-22-2010, 04:40 PM   #20
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Some of the links mentioned reference WATTORA. Since the Staff of WATTORA decided to go their own way and break from TTORA the links may not be valid.

Here are the links that might help you out.

http://www.nwtoys.com/content/sectio...h-library.html In the tech library are some very good article including winching techniques and a slider stress analysis.

Link to the modifications page including the endcap mod, deckplate mod and 2 lo mod
http://www.nwtoys.com/content/sectio...fications.html