Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Craigslist Find

Old 12-22-2010, 05:30 AM   #1
Tacoma Lover
SupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
SupraT's Tacoma Gallery
Craigslist Find

Found this on Craigslist this morning seems to good to be true?
http://missoula.craigslist.org/pts/2055834616.html
Old 12-22-2010, 05:49 AM   #2
Buckeye Member
cc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HT1st Class
Name: Chas
cc350's Tacoma Gallery
That's a scam. Just google the email.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:53 AM   #3
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
I saw an 03 on there for like 4500 a couple weeks ago. Low miles n real clean. Knew it was crap as soon as I saw it
Old 12-22-2010, 05:53 AM   #4
Go Pack Go!
hawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Bryce
hawkeye12's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely looks fishy to me.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:54 AM   #5
Tacoma Lover
SupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
SupraT's Tacoma Gallery
My first thought was SCAM. I googled the email and it was all over suspected of scam
Old 12-22-2010, 05:56 AM   #6
84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
84Hilux's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know why these scammers always list such a ridiculous price- I guess that way they get only top grade idiots replying!
Old 12-22-2010, 06:31 AM   #7
Tacoma675 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma675 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma675 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma675 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma675 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma675 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma675 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma675 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma675 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma675 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma675 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
Tacoma675's Tacoma Gallery
Thats a scam! I actually have a sad story about that type of "deal". I had a coworker that her and her daughter where looking for a car/truck on craigslist. Her daughter just got out of the army due to an injury and had a few thousand dollars saved up for transporation. They and found 2004 Tacoma DC with less than 50,000 miles,4x4, and the were asking $4,000. They actually mentioned it to me because of my truck. I told her mom that it was a scam and if it was a real person that you should be able to contact them and meet them in person. Well the daughter didn't get the message. She contacted the seller and the seller befriended her. The seller went on to claim that she was the mother of a soilder that had passed away in Iraq and that she just couldn't have the truck because it brought back so many memorys. She was glad to "sell" to a fellow soilder and wanted to do the deal.....the only hook was that she didnt live in Houston anymore. So she sent her to a "secure" ebay site that gave her instructions on sending a money transfer and viola that was the last they heard from her. The ultimate evil to steel money from somebody that served our country and to do it by claiming your son died.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:52 AM   #8
TIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TIPICOTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Hilux View Post
I don't know why these scammers always list such a ridiculous price- I guess that way they get only top grade idiots replying!
I researched these scams a lil bit last year when looking for a truck and learned that they price them LOW so that if they get caught the penalty isn't as severe (lesser degree of crime = less fine/time) also they get people to jump on the cheap "deal" and impulse buy on short time.

Really sucks that this has been going on for so long and isn't slowing down at all.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:26 AM   #9
84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
84Hilux's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIPICOTACO View Post
I researched these scams a lil bit last year when looking for a truck and learned that they price them LOW so that if they get caught the penalty isn't as severe (lesser degree of crime = less fine/time) also they get people to jump on the cheap "deal" and impulse buy on short time.

Really sucks that this has been going on for so long and isn't slowing down at all.

That makes sense- I think theft under $5000 has lesser penalties.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:31 AM   #10
Razorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Razorecko's Tacoma Gallery
scammers will sympathize to whatever basic emotion ordeal you are dealing with. They are scum.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:55 AM   #11
BoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
BoostingMS6's Tacoma Gallery
If you ever see a car/truck for sale without a LOCAL phone number, or who isn't HAPPILY willing to meet up with you, its a scam. The "secure eBay" thing is a total scam. If you ever do have any questions, just ask eBay representatives to check the page for you.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:46 PM   #12
Whitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Whitfield's Tacoma Gallery
Cash for key title in person is the only way to fly.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:59 PM   #13
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Is pretty easy to avoid... I took one pretty far to see how it would pan out. Same situation that was described, it was a guy that owned it and he died and his wife wanted it gone. If they don't list a phone number and won't meet in person it is bs. She wanted a credit card number to get the truck shipped from fl to ks and she'd reimburse me if I decided not to buy it. My last email said "I'm sorry you think I'm retarded. Fuck off"
Old 12-22-2010, 07:25 PM   #14
Beating Anorexia since 1976
OmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OmahaStylee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraT View Post
Found this on Craigslist this morning seems to good to be true?
http://missoula.craigslist.org/pts/2055834616.html

I know I've seen those same pics listed locally for about the same price.
SCAM
Old 12-22-2010, 08:54 PM   #15
Pig Punisher is on a distinguished road

Pig Punisher's Tacoma Gallery
The SCAM trucks are always 4wd and double cab, cream of the crop. How dumb do they think we are?
Old 12-22-2010, 09:01 PM   #16
oldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud of
oldtimertoyota's Tacoma Gallery
Somethings always fishy when the seller wants you to contact them through an email. I always look at the pictures closely as well, the pictures the scammers use are often taken from legit sellers and usually are from another part of the country. Price though is the first warning flag!
Old 12-23-2010, 08:01 AM   #17
Tacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant future
Name: Terry
Tacozoid's Tacoma Gallery
Got your attention didn't it? When you see an ad like that RUN LIKE HELL. I laugh at anyone that made the roady to check out this scam. By the way I have a complete K&N polished cold air intake system for sale $5.00 RIGHT!
Old 12-23-2010, 08:27 AM   #18
brg88tx is on a distinguished road
brg88tx's Tacoma Gallery
when they don't list the mileage, it's usually extremely high.