Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

help door handle wont open door

Old 12-25-2010, 01:58 PM   #1
00taco is a jewel in the rough00taco is a jewel in the rough00taco is a jewel in the rough00taco is a jewel in the rough

Name: Casey
00taco's Tacoma Gallery
help door handle wont open door

i have a 00 tacoma ext cab and the drivers side door handle is not working. i pull and it wont open door. and if i pull it slowly the lock actually goes down. i saw new handles on ebay but is it as simple as replacing that or is it a rod or something else needed fixed? thanks you in advance
Old 12-28-2010, 10:02 AM   #2
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
Is it the interior or exterior handle that isn't working right?
Old 12-28-2010, 10:30 AM   #3
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
It's really hard to say whats wrong without removing the door panel. It could just be a linkage problem. I would take off the door panel and try and open the door and you should be able to see the problem.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:03 PM   #4
00taco is a jewel in the rough00taco is a jewel in the rough00taco is a jewel in the rough00taco is a jewel in the rough

Name: Casey
00taco's Tacoma Gallery
its exterior and i will try to open it up soon and see
Old 10-24-2013, 01:38 PM   #5
jayyyg84 is on a distinguished road
Army: 63 whiskey
Name: joe
jayyyg84's Tacoma Gallery
Hey bud did you ever figure out what the problem was with your door??? I have same issue too!!
Old 10-24-2013, 02:28 PM   #6
cmf21 is on a distinguished road
cmf21's Tacoma Gallery
It sounds like you need a new handle. I replaced both my front exterior door handles last year. It's not exactly an easy job but I was able to do it.

When you lift up on the handle, there is a part of that handle that makes contact with a part of the door lock / opening mechanism. That part on the handle wears out from use and doesn't making contact any more and won't allow you to open your door.