Notices

Race Runners Vs. Icons

View Poll Results: race runners or icons your preference
race runners 17 32.69%
icons 35 67.31%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2011, 01:46 AM   #1
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
Race Runners Vs. Icons

Im stuck and i dont know what to do what do you guys think would be better for my 95 4wd tacoma ext cab. Some race runners or some icons for my total chaos setup i do some mild off road trails up in lake arrowhead and big bear area. some advice would be greatly obliged. or if you got anything else youd like to include im all ears
Old 01-02-2011, 09:03 PM   #2
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Progressive to digressive. Apples to oranges.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:11 PM   #3
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
I would go with the SAWs progressive, but yeah what he said^
Old 01-02-2011, 09:12 PM   #4
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
What is progressive and digressive?
Old 01-02-2011, 09:15 PM   #5
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by schiz94 View Post
What is progressive and digressive?
Here

Quote:
Valving Characteristics
A shock absorber uses different valves and springs to adjust the dampening force of that particular shock. There are three types of valving characteristics that dictate how the shock will perform. They are progressive, linear, and digressive. Progressive shocks start out soft and get stiffer quickly as the shaft speed increases. Linear shocks uniformly increase stiffness as the piston speed increases. It is similar to the progressive valving but does not make dramatic changes at higher speeds. Digressive is just the opposite of progressive. It starts out stiff, then it tapers off.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:34 AM   #6
dezerttaco is on a distinguished road
Name: garrett
dezerttaco's Tacoma Gallery
i noticed fox shocks werent on the pole.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:36 AM   #7
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
SAWs...except for the fact they rust immediately lol
Old 01-03-2011, 10:32 AM   #8
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
SAWs...except for the fact they rust immediately lol
anything i can do to prevent the rusting? and do you guys know of anywhere i can get them cheaper?
Old 01-03-2011, 10:34 AM   #9

EMS:
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezerttaco View Post
i noticed fox shocks werent on the pole.
yea just cuz its down to those two. im trying to stand out from the rest of my buddies that all have kings and fox. im leaning more towards the race runners just cuz none of my buds have them.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:35 AM   #10

EMS:
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
and what about uca's would i need them for 2.5 race runners? and why
Old 01-03-2011, 10:38 AM   #12

EMS:
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by straycat241 View Post
if you don't crank em up that high you wont need them
im planning to stuff 33's under there
Old 01-03-2011, 11:01 AM   #14
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobrien View Post
yea just cuz its down to those two. im trying to stand out from the rest of my buddies that all have kings and fox. im leaning more towards the race runners just cuz none of my buds have them.
so you care more about looks than performance?

i would rethink the Kings...

but if that set on being different, then go with SAWs... not many first gens running them anymore as Icon has become the trend for tacomas lately...
Old 01-03-2011, 11:39 AM   #15

EMS:
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
so you care more about looks than performance?

i would rethink the Kings...

but if that set on being different, then go with SAWs... not many first gens running them anymore as Icon has become the trend for tacomas lately...
no my friend its the other way around id prefer to preform better than it looks which is why im torn between my two options haha. i know that icons have seem to have taken over the tacoma community which is why the rest of my friends are telling me to get them. i dont know anyone who has ever run the race runners so i dont know that much about them
Old 01-03-2011, 11:45 AM   #16

EMS:
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by straycat241 View Post
you should call camburg and order from them, buying uca's + coilovers togther will save you a lil money and camburg uses rebranded saw's

http://www.camburg.com/suspension-sy.../95-04-tacoma/
wow i wish i wouldve seen that before i bought my spacers from toytec. i didnt know that camburg was just rebranded saw's
Old 01-03-2011, 11:53 AM   #17

EMS:
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
Valving Characteristics
A shock absorber uses different valves and springs to adjust the dampening force of that particular shock. There are three types of valving characteristics that dictate how the shock will perform. They are progressive, linear, and digressive. Progressive shocks start out soft and get stiffer quickly as the shaft speed increases. Linear shocks uniformly increase stiffness as the piston speed increases. It is similar to the progressive valving but does not make dramatic changes at higher speeds. Digressive is just the opposite of progressive. It starts out stiff, then it tapers off.

so which is which?
Old 01-03-2011, 12:54 PM   #18
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Icons are digressive and saws are progressive to keep them from rusting invest in some dirtbagz
Old 01-03-2011, 12:59 PM   #19
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Both SAWs, and ICONs are great products. For most people, it would be hard to tell the difference in ride, when set at the same amount of lift. If you do lift the rig 2.5-3", the caster will be a little low, and the vehicle may wander at speed. To fix this, you can install some aftermarket UCAs that are designed to add caster back into your alignment.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:16 PM   #20

EMS:
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
Both SAWs, and ICONs are great products. For most people, it would be hard to tell the difference in ride, when set at the same amount of lift. If you do lift the rig 2.5-3", the caster will be a little low, and the vehicle may wander at speed. To fix this, you can install some aftermarket UCAs that are designed to add caster back into your alignment.
how much for either of them with tc uca's? i already have a 1 inch drop on my diff would i need more. i got it when i bought my spacers from toytec