Notices

Removing the driverside door panel?

Old 04-21-2007, 03:55 AM   #1
Offroad Enthusiast
BrianPK is on a distinguished road
BrianPK's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to BrianPK
Removing the driverside door panel?

i'm going to re-post this in technical chat too, but i figured this would be the best place to start.

my little sister slammed my door a few weeks ago, and it knocked the power window out of it's track. the dealer wants to charge me $300+ for the glass run and install. i took my maglight out tonight and peeked through the slit. it looks like the window is just off the track.

question: anyone know how to remove the door panel without ruining it? i wanna do it myself if i can.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:28 AM   #2
03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all

03coma's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Brian, Well I tok the panel off my 03 Taco yours should be the same.
First thing go to a auto store and get the tool to remove the clips so you don't rip them or brake the off. (Pep Boys, Auto Zone ect.)
You also have to remove the 2 screws that hold the hand pull (there might be a filler cap on them)and the latch trim. next thing is the power button control panel, there is a clip, it should be on the top of the assembly that holds it down. use a small screwdriver but put some masking take on thr panel so you don' scratch ! Once you have it out, unplug the control. you also have to remove the black cover in the corner of the window that covers the mirror bolts. Now you can put that tool in the slot on the bottom of the panel.(you will see a slot just for that. go slow and move it around alittle until all the clips are undone. then you have to move it around very slow and lift, there are hooks the hold it down on top too.
Good Luck.. go slow and don't scratch anything..

ps: Brian check out this link, it has pics and gives instructions:
http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?article=143
Old 11-18-2012, 02:31 PM   #3
hdraptor is on a distinguished road
Name: Amanda
hdraptor's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome!!!! This helped me fix my truck!!!