LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Poll: Black or Chrome Westin Bull Bar on black limited dc with chrome tube steps?

Old 01-04-2011, 06:07 PM   #1
snopyro is on a distinguished road
snopyro's Tacoma Gallery
Poll: Black or Chrome Westin Bull Bar on black limited dc with chrome tube steps?

The only chrome on the front end of my 2003 Limited Double cab is the front grill portion which also surrounds the headlights. It already has a chrome rear bumper and I have chrome Westin tube steps.

I am torn between Westin's black bull bar with the chrome skid plate or going with the all chrome front bull bar and chrome skid plate.

What do think? I didn't know if it would look funny to have chrome side steps and black front tubing.

Are there any first gen pictures of both varieties?
Old 01-04-2011, 06:11 PM   #2
I <3 Taco's
YeahBoyyy is on a distinguished road

YeahBoyyy's Tacoma Gallery
You'll still have a silver skid plate.. It will look good either way. I have a mag grey and my dad got me chrome tube steps, so i just went chrome bull bar too.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:21 PM   #3
loaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloaderman82 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dalton
loaderman82's Tacoma Gallery
chrome!!!
Old 01-04-2011, 06:33 PM   #4
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery

This is mine^
Just as the front bumper is stock black and is mated with a stock chrome rear bumper, if you put black it will not clash with the footrunners.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:42 PM   #5
snopyro is on a distinguished road
snopyro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post

This is mine^
Just as the front bumper is stock black and is mated with a stock chrome rear bumper, if you put black it will not clash with the footrunners.
If I kept the OEM black floor boards, I would be more inclined to choose the black bar with chrome skid plate, but since I bent them in Hollister on a "frame twisting" rock trail, I swapped them for chrome tube steps bc of their lifetime warranty from Westin. (Still on the fence though.)

Thanks for posting the picture of what the black bar would look like. Seems like our trucks were separated at birth- except my camper shell doesn't have roof rails on them.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:18 PM   #6
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snopyro View Post
If I kept the OEM black floor boards, I would be more inclined to choose the black bar with chrome skid plate, but since I bent them in Hollister on a "frame twisting" rock trail, I swapped them for chrome tube steps bc of their lifetime warranty from Westin. (Still on the fence though.)

Thanks for posting the picture of what the black bar would look like. Seems like our trucks were separated at birth- except my camper shell doesn't have roof rails on them.
Cool. You can't get hurt either way-this truck makes anything look good The chrome will match up too with the grill surround. Now if you had a chrome front bumper it would be overkill.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:40 PM   #7
SonnysTile is on a distinguished road

Name: Sonny
SonnysTile's Tacoma Gallery
I have a black '04 dbl cab limited with the same grill/rear bumper/westin step bars in chrome and thought the exact same thing!

I was looking at the safari bar to add a couple of lights and thinking I needed to spring for the chrome to make it "match"...