Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

intake headers exhaust and anything that makes you go faster

Old 01-05-2011, 08:36 PM   #1
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
intake headers exhaust and anything that makes you go faster

Im stuck and i dont know what to do what do you guys think would be better for my 95 4wd tacoma ext cab with a 99 engine install 3.4 by the way. Some JBA Headers or some Doug Thorley for my Tacoma i do some mild off road trails up in lake arrowhead and big bear area. Im Gonna eventually run 33's and would need to know if they would help pushing that rubber around and wondering if they will go along well with my JBA exhaust some advice would be greatly obliged. or if you got anything else youd like to include im all ears. and any intake that would make my hp go up the most, did you guys run any throttle spacers just wondering if those work?
Old 01-06-2011, 01:43 PM   #3
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
most people dont really look to headers intake and exhaust because they dont seem to do too much for these 3.4s. if your going with 33's i would regear to 4:56. Deckplate would be fine and cheap, headers are expensive and won't offer too much for n/a set ups. with that being said id love to put some headers on my 3.4 to get some more growl.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:45 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Spacers do nothing. Intake and exhaust combined might give you 7 to 10 horsepower.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:31 PM   #5
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Spacers do nothing. Intake and exhaust combined might give you 7 to 10 horsepower.
I already have the exhaust so the intake is gonna be great but it seems as though im gonna get rid of my truck and get a new one
Old 01-06-2011, 07:32 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobrien View Post
I already have the exhaust so the intake is gonna be great but it seems as though im gonna get rid of my truck and get a new one
If you want speed a truck is not where it will be at. Yeah they can be fast but cars are lighter and have more potential. Ever thought about keeping what you have and buying something to mod on the side?
Old 01-06-2011, 08:08 PM   #7

EMS:
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
no im getting another truck cant get away from trucks i love them too much
Old 01-06-2011, 11:02 PM   #8
White Tank
SkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud of

SkyHighTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Just throwing this out there a intake does nothing but make it growl and make you less rich. The deckplate mod is the best intake for our trucks. But since your getting a different truck, it doesnt matter now haha.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:03 PM   #9
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Leave the motor stock and regear to 4:56
Old 01-07-2011, 12:06 AM   #10
Whitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Whitfield's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Leave the motor stock and regear to 4:56
x2 Nothing wrong with the stock 3.4L power. You could always save up for the SC if you want more.

20yrs ago back in school ~ Kids ran IFS HiLux's with a 22RE & stock gear w/ tweaked tortion bars + $100 3' body lift on 35's ~ These 3.4L powered Tacos are da bomb...
Old 01-09-2011, 10:10 AM   #11

EMS:
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
where can i buy the deck plate mod?

'
Old 01-09-2011, 10:15 AM   #12
Space Wrangler is on a distinguished road

Name: JCT
Space Wrangler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobrien View Post
where can i buy the deck plate mod?