Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

suspension mod help

Old 01-12-2011, 07:12 PM   #1
moustache ride is on a distinguished road
moustache ride's Tacoma Gallery
suspension mod help

Hey, So I'm new to the wonderful world of tacos, Just bought a 97 with a 6" fabtech lift and 33" pro-comps along with some other stuff. I'm looking into upgrading the coilovers but don't know where to start or whats what. Also thinking about taking out the split shaft. Any advice would be great.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:31 PM   #2
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
DB's suck. Why do you wan't to upgrade the coilovers? No need to take out the 2 peice DS. Unless you're having extreme vibrations...?

What type of off roading... if any.. do you do?
Old 01-12-2011, 07:44 PM   #3
I live in the mountains and do quite a bit of 4x4ing as well as useing it for hunting. I have noticed some vibration on deceleration at high speeds that and just less U joints is why I was thinking of getting rid of the DS. Also I don't know when the coilovers were done and I'm thinking of making it a little softer if possible.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:00 PM   #4
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Are they adjustable? I'm not familar with the DB since I hate them. But if they are, crank them down...

The only DS you can switch to I believe is the Tom Woods DS.. I'm unsure on price, but they aren't cheap.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:16 PM   #5
Sorry I was mistaken I don't have coil overs but I would like to upgrade the stock suspension to coil overs. any suggestions??