Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Lift on a Budget

Old 01-13-2011, 07:19 PM   #1
ttran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant future

Name: Tim
ttran's Tacoma Gallery
Lift on a Budget

Decided to go with bilstein 5100's all the way around with toytec eibach coils in the front and ome dakar leafs in the back.

Toytec Eibach coils (2) , bilstein 5100's (4), U-Bolts (4), Differential Drop Kit, Brake line extension, Old Man Emu Dakar Leaf Springs (2), Old Man Emu Bushing Set (2), Muffler Hanger

Looking to install it this weekend
Old 01-16-2011, 03:23 AM   #2
ZRX1040 is on a distinguished road
ZRX1040's Tacoma Gallery
In the same boat(truck) as you and cant decide. I have a camper top so AAL might the way to go in the rear. Dont really NEED a full 3" tho. Looking hard at the OME full kit from Toytec. http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 01-16-2011, 04:24 AM   #3
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
if you go with the 5100's order from DSMS as they have free ship and and a better price on them as apposed to toytec you can also get the OME coils they offer. I ordered my 5100's from DSMS and the eibach coils from toytec and it all got here in about 4 days i believe but the shipping from toytec was a bit high, and for the rear im going to get the allpro 3" expo leafs cause mine are frowning, but if your leafs aren't sagged out then an 2" AAL would be fine.

All in all the setup im going to run will set me back about 600-700!
Old 01-16-2011, 06:12 AM   #4
ttran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant future

ttran's Tacoma Gallery
i'm looking for a mild lift so which leaf springs would accomodate a set of bilsteins with ome 882 springs nicely? for somewhere around a 2.5 lift?
Old 01-16-2011, 03:15 PM   #5
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttran View Post
i'm looking for a mild lift so which leaf springs would accomodate a set of bilsteins with ome 882 springs nicely? for somewhere around a 2.5 lift?

Are the leafs you have now sagging at all? If not then you should not need a new leaf pack, just a 2" AAL
Old 01-16-2011, 03:47 PM   #6

ttran's Tacoma Gallery
My rear leafs are

Old 01-16-2011, 04:25 PM   #7
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe you should save an extra couple hundred and buy a new leaf pack too. Maybe an OME complete kit.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:33 PM   #8

Ha damn they are a bit worse than mine lol mine are just about perfectly fllat! but if you look at allpro's site they have the ones i am talking about in stock height and 3"-5" height., and also in regular and expo design which the expo's are made to handle a bit more weight for towing, but there are also other brands as well. just search for other threads about some, like dakar etc. did you decide what front lift your going to go with?
Old 01-16-2011, 04:49 PM   #9

Check out this site they have alot of lift components:

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/9504tacoma.htm
Old 01-16-2011, 06:38 PM   #10

ttran's Tacoma Gallery
I want at least a 3 inch lift but I don't want a 6 inch DB so I was thinking of going with bilstein 5100's all the way around with eibach springs in the front. I did some searching and most people get at least 3 inches in the front with that set up. What would you guys recommend for the rear? And any input on my idea for my fronts? Thanks! Some links to your suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Old 01-16-2011, 06:43 PM   #11
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
The OME dakars give 2.25" so that would make it close to level with the 3" eibach springs. But from all the reading i've done on here and on ttora, the 5100s are too short if you lift the rear that much. They would be near their max, giving you only about an 1" of down travel. So you would probably need some 5125s for the rear with more travel. The 5125s also cause a little issue in that they will bottom out (longer travel=longer compressed length) unless you extend your bump stops to match.

There are also a few guys on here running the eibach/dakar set up. They seem to like the lift/look/ride.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:47 PM   #12

ttran's Tacoma Gallery
Are the ome dakars a full leaf pack replacement? And hmm what shocks would work that won't bottom out for the rear?
Old 01-16-2011, 06:48 PM   #13

Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, The dakars are a full pack. The OME shocks work with the OME dakar leafs.....but they are more expensive

ffr3064k is running eibach/dakars/5100s on his DC. You can pm him and ask how he likes it.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:04 PM   #14

ttran's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the help snowman! I'm really interested in that setup now. How difficult is it to extend my bumpstop and would I be needing new UCA's? It'll be right at 3 inches or a bit above so i'm not sure if that'll be pushing it with the stock uca's
Old 01-16-2011, 07:39 PM   #15

Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
Extended bump stops can be made in a few different ways depending on your skills or aftermarket bumpstops can be purchased from companies like Energy.
As far as the UCAs go, the rule of thumb is they arent needed for 3" lift or less. Since ffr3064k is running that exact set up (5100s+eibachs), shooting him a PM might get some hands on experience answers.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:52 PM   #16

ttran's Tacoma Gallery
Just did that. Thanks!
Old 01-17-2011, 01:20 AM   #17
Resident MMA Fanatic
SlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlimDigg's Tacoma Gallery
OME 881, Bilstein 5100 all around, icon 3leaf aal with a brand new stock 3 leaf pack, overload leaf in.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:32 AM   #18

ttran's Tacoma Gallery
slim, how much lift did you get from that set up?
Old 01-17-2011, 10:26 PM   #19

ttran's Tacoma Gallery
just bought ome dakar leafs and eibach 3' lift coil springs. Going to buy 5100's for the front but can't decide between 5100's or 5125's for the rear. What should i get? and if i get the 5125, which size is recommended
Old 01-18-2011, 12:06 PM   #20
Resident MMA Fanatic
SlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlimDigg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttran View Post
slim, how much lift did you get from that set up?

My suspension was already about 9 years old, so I got about 3 inch all around.