1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

LC Engineering Performance Kit worth it?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by TacomaGus, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Jan 15, 2011 at 5:59 PM
    TacomaGus

TacomaGus [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD Sport DC
    Tinted Tails, TRD Shift Knob, Kenwood Headunit, Ebay BHLM Lights, Trimmed Mud Flaps, 265/70/17 General Grabber AT2's, WeatherTech Mats, Black Badges, Sylvania ZXE Bulbs, AFE Stage 2 Si Intake, 17x8.5 Level 8 Guardian Wheels, URD SS, Custom 2.5" Catback with Aero 2525 and Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator, URD MAF CAL, JBA LT Headers, OME 884's, Nitrochargers, Dakars with 3rd lead removed, Light Racing UCA's
    http://www.toyotacatalog.net/M1WebG...UniqueID=C1C3A8E0-2D64-4507-9DA3-E393B8EFA16C

looking into getting this performance kit from LCE. I already have the exact same K&N Intake so i would just get the header, fan, and probably short throw shifter. I'm really looking for more performance than the comfort of the shifter but idk. Just wondering if anyone has paired the LCE header with the dual fan kit, or has either and what your thoughts are. This is for the 3RZ 2.7L but just want opinions for any engine set up

2. Jan 15, 2011 at 6:04 PM
    TacomaGus

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD Sport DC
    Tinted Tails, TRD Shift Knob, Kenwood Headunit, Ebay BHLM Lights, Trimmed Mud Flaps, 265/70/17 General Grabber AT2's, WeatherTech Mats, Black Badges, Sylvania ZXE Bulbs, AFE Stage 2 Si Intake, 17x8.5 Level 8 Guardian Wheels, URD SS, Custom 2.5" Catback with Aero 2525 and Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator, URD MAF CAL, JBA LT Headers, OME 884's, Nitrochargers, Dakars with 3rd lead removed, Light Racing UCA's
    or i guess i could go with the DT header from URD and their short throw shifter which are both 100 bucks cheaper than LCE's and then go with the fan kit? idk ideas

3. Jan 17, 2011 at 11:38 AM
    TacomaGus

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD Sport DC
    so you would recommend their header over the DT one even though its like 60 bucks more? Not really sure the difference, i'd rather get more of a low and mid range gain than top end but anything is nice haha. And only LCE has the fan kit so i'd have to get it from them, but LCE short shifter is $100 bucks more than the URD one so not really sure if thats worth it

4. Jan 17, 2011 at 3:38 PM
    mitzu

mitzu Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    WY
    Vehicle:
    03SRunner
    plenty
    holy shit 1100 bucks?
    for the intake do the deckplate mod and drop in a high flow filter, way cheaper
    for the shortshifter i think URD has a cheaper one, i have one and love it
    LCE headers are great but so are DTs, i have DTs in mine and cant complain about them.
    as for the fan, you can get a Ford Taurus electric fan for cheap( i bought mine for 20 bucks but havent put it in yet), and get a universal controller from Autozone or something. Or find the fans anywhere on ebay for cheap.

just sayin

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  5. Jan 17, 2011 at 9:08 PM
    TacomaGus

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD Sport DC
    ya i was just wondering about the fans in general and if it was even worth getting one. I'm pretty sold on the header and short shifter, just didn't know which one is better

6. Jan 17, 2011 at 10:01 PM
    TacomaGus

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD Sport DC
    leaning more towards the DT header now since their cheaper and seem about the same quality. Its just that LCE sells two headers for the 3rz, ones with EGR and one is w/o EGR. The one with is more expensive but i don't know which one i need?

7. Jan 18, 2011 at 7:54 PM
    TacomaGus

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD Sport DC
    apparently i need the DT header with EGR to fit properly, and the LCE header isn't a direct fit for trucks with the dual cat, which i have. I found a dyno sheet for the DT header for the 2001-2004 3RZ engine with EGR, if its real then the gains are very significant

http://www.dougthorley.com/CartGenie/image_options.asp?iid=17

8. Jan 19, 2011 at 7:36 PM
    Trifenix

Trifenix Well-Known Member

Member:
    so cal
    Vehicle:
    99 LT 5 lug Taco
    Honestly save your money. It isn't worth getting unless your manifold is cracked. If you want real power, just buy a used alpine supercharger for $1k used. Also make sure it is smog legal and that it fits correctly. If you really insist on getting one, go with DT since it is cheaper, it is pretty similar to LC. Don't get Pacesetter.

9. Jan 19, 2011 at 8:22 PM
    TacomaGus

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD Sport DC
    if that dyno is correct then a gain of 10 hp and torque both at 3k RPM is significant enough for me to throw down $300

10. Apr 4, 2011 at 8:11 PM
    JohnnYp

JohnnYp Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    98 SR5
    throttle body spacer k&N cold air intake stage 2 clutch kit Gibson cat back exhaust kit bed liner and rocker panel lined

what year taurus works best?

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top