Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

ball joint bracket?

Old 01-17-2011, 06:47 PM   #1
Resident Big mouthed Fat ass.
kingbrian is a jewel in the roughkingbrian is a jewel in the roughkingbrian is a jewel in the roughkingbrian is a jewel in the rough
Name: brian
kingbrian's Tacoma Gallery
ball joint bracket?

Has anyone ever built one? like a beefy upgrade? im just starting on my 5 lug xtra cab and am getting paranoid before hand. i have thought of like 1/2'' ish steel with 1/2 gussets running the length. although i have yet to climb under and see what kinda clearance im dealing with i have a design in my head already from seeing pics of broken ones.. so has anyone tried this?
Old 01-17-2011, 09:26 PM   #2
Duck Killing Machine
Siebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CJ
Siebler's Tacoma Gallery
Nope but I broke 4 in under a year leaving my suspension completely ruined the last time when they broke at 70mph on the freeway.

Sorry not very comforting but that part sucks big time. Because its a Cast part your going to have a hard time gusseting it.

You interested in buying a couple spares? I have 2 spares that I bought before the last time they broke. Dont need them anymore since that part is now eliminated from my suspension.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:02 PM   #3
Resident Big mouthed Fat ass.
kingbrian is a jewel in the roughkingbrian is a jewel in the roughkingbrian is a jewel in the roughkingbrian is a jewel in the rough
Name: brian
kingbrian's Tacoma Gallery
maybe so, im actually talking about makin a completely new peice, not modify the existing peice. PM'd.