Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

~East Coast Gear Supply~

Old 01-18-2011, 04:30 AM   #1
Jraugust will become famous soon enough
Name: Jeremie
Jraugust's Tacoma Gallery
Question ~East Coast Gear Supply~

Hey everyone, Im looking seriously into re-gearing my truck and a few people have pointed me in the direction of (ECGS). Ive talked with chase a few times over the phone and they seem to be legit, atleast there customer service is.

- Does anyone have past experience with dealing with them?
- Do they do quality work and stand behind it?

Please post any thoughts, information, or past experiences, Heres the link to there website below if you'd like to check it out

http://eastcoastgearsupply.com/

Thanks again!!
Old 01-18-2011, 03:54 PM   #2
NCJeyota is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: Mike
NCJeyota's Tacoma Gallery
ECGS, Raleigh,NC

East Coast Gear Supply is fantastic. Their shop moved to about 5 miles from my house My son used them 3 or 4 times for gears, locker install and last time he got some sliders on his 85 4runner from them. Great guys and very knowlegable.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:47 PM   #3
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, they have excellent work, pull your front and send it to them, along with your 3rd.

Also, why are you wanting to regear, and what gear's are you looking towards? Tire size? Engine size?
Old 01-18-2011, 05:49 PM   #4
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
HBMurphy and SiRMarlon have stuff from them and always have good things to say about them.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:02 PM   #5
fj6high is a glorious beacon of lightfj6high is a glorious beacon of lightfj6high is a glorious beacon of lightfj6high is a glorious beacon of lightfj6high is a glorious beacon of lightfj6high is a glorious beacon of light
Army: 63T H8 Mechanic
Name: Howard
fj6high's Tacoma Gallery
I have heard many good things...I'm going to buy from them when the time comes near.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:59 AM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
Yeah, they have excellent work, pull your front and send it to them, along with your 3rd.

Also, why are you wanting to regear, and what gear's are you looking towards? Tire size? Engine size?

I have a 2004 tacoma 2.7L and im running a 6in lift and 35" tires. Ive been told that im going to want to go with the 5.29's because i have a 4 cyl but if you have a 6 cyl 4.88 would be fine.

Thanks for everyones input!
Old 01-19-2011, 06:35 AM   #7
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a new pinion flange from them. Unfortunately I picked the wrong one from their website. I called and they were very helpful in getting me what we thought was the right flange. However, the second one didn't fit either due to a misunderstanding on what gears I have. I called a second time and they got me a third one out. Taking it by the shop today to see if it fits. Even though it took a few tries for me to get the right one, I've been very please with their service. I doubt that anyone would have any problems with sending them a third member for regear.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:26 AM   #8
96Yota is on a distinguished road
96Yota's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered my gears a few weeks ago from them. On the website it said everything was out of stock so I decided to call them, They had everything there and I got a great price from them for everything. I would recommend them to anyone for gears and install kits. They are very helpful and will make sure you are set up with everything you need. Also shipping was fast, Its probley since we are in the same state but I ordered with ground shipping and everything got to my door the next day and packaged very well.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:25 AM   #9
Thanks for your input!!