Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How many mpg for my 03 Tacoma TRD 6 cyl

Old 01-22-2011, 07:57 PM   #21
NegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NegroTundra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
IIRC the new car window stickers for the v6s said 16-19 mpg for the manual and 17-20 mpg for the auto. YMMV
Pulled out my sticker......for my Manual transmission it is 17city 20highway.

The best I have ever seen was 20.1 mpg on a trip from Flagstaff, AZ to Gallup NM; empty trip. At the time I had 285/75/16 with 3" fagtech lift. Since then, I have added campershell with roof rack, lowered the truck to a 2" lift (OME), and down sized to 265/75/16 (E-RATED ). The best I have seen with this setup is 19.3mpg hwy, though I had 300lbs of hunting gear in truck. In town I average 17-18 empty truck.

Old 01-22-2011, 08:00 PM   #22
NegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyNotFab View Post

great app!
Awesome app! Thats the only useful smartphone feature I've ever seen! Maybe I do need one
Old 01-22-2011, 09:15 PM   #23
coehorn1 is on a distinguished road
coehorn1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NegroTundra View Post
Awesome app! Thats the only useful smartphone feature I've ever seen! Maybe I do need one

I would think twice about a smartphone. Neither Apple or the android phones gives a flying flip about your privacy. Worse still -- they absolutely do not believe you have a right to privacy.

Caveat emptor.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:03 PM   #24

^Hehe....same attitude that I have and my wife says I'm paranoid =)
Old 05-14-2013, 07:21 PM   #25
ChanhDoan is on a distinguished road
Name: C DOAN
ChanhDoan's Tacoma Gallery
I got 25MPG easy on freeway with Mobil 1 0w-30 synthetic oil with 35PSI for 4 tires and driving with cruise control 65 mph....keep PCV valve clean and air box +air filter clean...all that keep clean ..You will get like me....and do not forget to change spark plugs..When did the last time you change? I did every year + Fuel filter ...good luck
Old 05-14-2013, 07:21 PM   #26
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantaco View Post
a little happier to see those numbers (see my fuelly below)

but how are some guys getting 20+ in the V6?
I got 25MPG easy on freeway with Mobil 1 0w-30 synthetic oil with 35PSI for 4 tires and driving with cruise control 65 mph....keep PCV valve clean and air box +air filter clean...all that keep clean ..You will get like me....and do not forget to change spark plugs..When did the last time you change? I did every year + Fuel filter ...good luck
Old 05-14-2013, 07:30 PM   #27
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantaco View Post
a little happier to see those numbers (see my fuelly below)

but how are some guys getting 20+ in the V6?
Old 08-04-2013, 01:38 AM   #28
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flatblack's Tacoma Gallery
25.3mpg is my record

95.5 V6 Manual 212k
Pretty much stock (AKA, not 400lbs worth of aftermarket armor; no lift, etc.)
Got Redline Oil/Fluid in everything; OEM Oil Filter / Air Filter
I use Chevron w/Techron 92

When I drive my truck on the freeway at 70mph, I get right around 20-21mpg
When I take the scenic route; with a max speed of 45mph, is when I'll get 24-25mpg
And I don't mean I once saw that # randomly on a scangauge while going down a hill in gale force winds while in neutral;
This what I'll get on a tank I put 220-something miles on (I usually refill when the needle hits a half-tank)

My goal is 26mpg... I may have to drive at 40mph with people furiously honking and passing me
But, I think I can do it