Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2WD RR Diff lock Issue

Old 01-20-2011, 12:02 PM   #1
04TrDeeZ is on a distinguished road
Name: Don
04TrDeeZ's Tacoma Gallery
2WD RR Diff lock Issue

I'll start from the top. I bought my 04 truck from a guy who probably never used the RR locker since he bought it. I've had it for a year now and I can probably count with one hand the times i've used the locker. This morning I went out duck hunting and I engage the locker and it worked fine got to our hunting spot turn off the lockers. Upon leaving I tried locking it back but the light just kept blinking and it never engage. I tried forward, backward still no bueno.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:12 PM   #2
hillbilly ways, outlaw style
Rebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: joby
Rebeltac's Tacoma Gallery
did you have it in four low? mine used to only work in four low till i did the grey wire mod
Old 01-20-2011, 01:16 PM   #3
hillbilly ways, outlaw style
Rebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebeltac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: joby
Rebeltac's Tacoma Gallery
nevermind sorry im dumb didnt see its a prerunner
Old 01-20-2011, 01:49 PM   #4
ERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedERIC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
ERIC's Tacoma Gallery
that can happen..In order to engage it go slow 5 or below and turn the truck back and forth sometimes the gears are not lined up rite so they need to be turned in the diff. try this it should engage within a few seconds.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:57 PM   #5
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Why did you turn it off when you got there... to turn thr truck easier?
Old 01-20-2011, 08:18 PM   #6
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
Why did you turn it off when you got there... to turn thr truck easier?
x2... no need to disengage when you get to your destination if you know you need it to get back out...

as for engaging, as previously mentioned, sometimes, turning the wheel and making a slow circle works... sounds a lil crazy i guess, but it does work for me like that sometimes when it won't engage right away and going in a straight line back and forth doesn't quite help...