2004 Tacoma 4x4 regular cab
41k miles, just had the check engine light come on, and stay on, this weekend. Its was fairly cold, maybe around 12 degress F, not too cold. When I release the gas cap, there was pressure behind it...it wasn't loose.
1) where is the OBD port located?
2) Is there a special adapter required to connect to a Toyota OBD port ? ( my reason - went to borrow a OBD scanner from a co-worker, and when I said that it was for a Toyota he said that Toyota requires an adapter for his scanner to fit)
3) I see thatthe method of resetting the maintenence light on 2005 and up will not work here ( holdng the odometer button)....So is the only way to reset the light to do it either by reset thru a scanner tool, or by removing the ( Positive or ground) connection to the Battery for 15 minutes ?
4) Should I reset the light before getting a scan code reading, to see if it comes back on ?
5) Any danger in driving the truck like this, with the light on ? Nothing feels or runs different...??
Thanks for any tips and advice.