Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

rhino line my bumpers?

Old 01-24-2011, 02:45 PM   #1
2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Andrew
2KTacoPr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
rhino line my bumpers?

anyone rhino line there front and rear bumpers? im tired of the ugly gray plastic front and the chrome rear. i wanted to see what it look likes before i do it so if you have done it post pics please
Old 01-24-2011, 02:48 PM   #2
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
If your going that route do LineX not Rhinoliner LineX is a lot harder and can take more abuse then Rhinoliner.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:50 PM   #3
2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
If your going that route do LineX not Rhinoliner LineX is a lot harder and can take more abuse then Rhinoliner.
ya thats what ive heard. rhino is just cheaper haha
Old 01-24-2011, 02:59 PM   #4
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KTacoPr3runn3r View Post
ya thats what ive heard. rhino is just cheaper haha

You get what you pay for. If you want to go the cheap route just get some Rustoleum spray on bed liner. That's what I'm using on mine it's only about 8 bucks a can and it's fixable if you scratch it off some how.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:02 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
You get what you pay for. If you want to go the cheap route just get some Rustoleum spray on bed liner. That's what I'm using on mine it's only about 8 bucks a can and it's fixable if you scratch it off some how.
okay. i mean my bumpers arent scratched as of now so im not worried about scratching it off
Old 01-24-2011, 03:05 PM   #6
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
my sliders are line x'd. its cool, i like it but the guy before me did it. i am not paying for the rear and front bumpers to be linex'd... my .02
Old 01-24-2011, 03:45 PM   #7
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
okay. i mean my bumpers arent scratched as of now so im not worried about scratching it off
I think the Rhinoliner is prone to fading from what Ive heard.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:19 PM   #8
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
here is the link to the writeup with pics that tacomaman06 did on blacking out your bumpers.http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...-write-up.html
Old 01-24-2011, 06:21 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by shitroc View Post
here is the link to the writeup with pics that tacomaman06 did on blacking out your bumpers.http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...-write-up.html
thanks for the write up. looks pretty decent
Old 01-24-2011, 07:40 PM   #10
trailmaker has a brilliant futuretrailmaker has a brilliant futuretrailmaker has a brilliant futuretrailmaker has a brilliant futuretrailmaker has a brilliant futuretrailmaker has a brilliant futuretrailmaker has a brilliant futuretrailmaker has a brilliant futuretrailmaker has a brilliant futuretrailmaker has a brilliant futuretrailmaker has a brilliant future
trailmaker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
anyone rhino line there front and rear bumpers? im tired of the ugly gray plastic front and the chrome rear. i wanted to see what it look likes before i do it so if you have done it post pics please
I don't know about Rhino Liner but the Line-X warranty does not cover plastics because it doesn't adhere as well.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:52 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailmaker View Post
I don't know about Rhino Liner but the Line-X warranty does not cover plastics because it doesn't adhere as well.
hmm that might be a problem
Old 01-24-2011, 07:57 PM   #12
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
my friend rhino lined his bumper on his ranger. shit faded
Old 01-24-2011, 08:11 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
my friend rhino lined his bumper on his ranger. shit faded
cant be more faded than my front bumper. ill prolly use rustoleum rattle can liner
Old 01-24-2011, 08:15 PM   #14
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
thats what i used on my elite bumper. seems to be doing pretty good
Old 01-24-2011, 08:18 PM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
thats what i used on my elite bumper. seems to be doing pretty good
ya im just wonderin how well itll stick to plastic
Old 01-24-2011, 08:33 PM   #16
tisher49 is a jewel in the roughtisher49 is a jewel in the roughtisher49 is a jewel in the roughtisher49 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Alex
tisher49's Tacoma Gallery
I would use dupli-color spray on bed liner... they also just came out with something called bed armor that has kevlar in it. I used the dupli-color spray on to black out my wheels, cover and sliders. Only a few chips in the sliders so far.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:37 PM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by tisher49 View Post
I would use dupli-color spray on bed liner... they also just came out with something called bed armor that has kevlar in it. I used the dupli-color spray on to black out my wheels, cover and sliders. Only a few chips in the sliders so far.
thanks ill look into that
Old 01-24-2011, 08:38 PM   #18
tisher49 is a jewel in the roughtisher49 is a jewel in the roughtisher49 is a jewel in the roughtisher49 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Alex
tisher49's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thanks ill look into that
no prob...good luckl
Old 01-25-2011, 08:47 AM   #19
you guys think if i primed everything before that it would stick better?
Old 01-25-2011, 03:02 PM   #20
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
id probably use an adhesion promotor instead of a primer but still do some good prep work by which i mean cleaning it up real good and possibly even sanding it a bit to give the paint a better surface to stick to.