Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Gabriel or bilstein struts??

Old 01-25-2011, 02:47 PM   #1
harleygirl1413 is on a distinguished road
Name: vickie
harleygirl1413's Tacoma Gallery
Angry Gabriel or bilstein struts??

replacing my blown out struts on my 96 taco with a 6" trailmaster lift. they have discontinued making the lift and parts. I have done some research on replacements but cannot seem to narrow down a part number for the struts. Im looking at gabriel or bilstein replacements. Anybody have those part numbers? also, are they direct replacements or are there any mods? had a response from a gentleman on this site stating that the gabriel struts were short and needed spacers. his idea was to invert them to make them fit, is this a good idea? will they work properly if so?
Old 01-25-2011, 03:51 PM   #2
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Search FOA Shocks, (First Over All) they are far better than either of them. I love mine, and they are priced damn good. Flex out your truck and measure the height for the shocks.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:15 PM   #3
Whitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Whitfield's Tacoma Gallery
You are gonna have to carefully sort your information...

Supra doesn't know what a TM 6" is and does not understand your question. He is giving you a reference to a standard Taco strut not a Trailmaster 6" lift strut.

I'd go with the HD Bilsteins.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:11 AM   #4
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Ah their stupid struts.. Fuck TM. I thought she ment shocks