Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Lift kit question

Old 01-29-2011, 08:21 PM   #1
Phuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
Lift kit question

I'm planning on lifting up my 03 DC and i've found to bilstein sets.... the set of 4 with 5100's up front and 5125's in the back

http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-96...djustable.html

Then theres this other set with 5100's up front and back...

http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-13...djustable.html

whats the difference? and which one is better?
Old 01-30-2011, 12:34 PM   #2
"f*#@ it, dude. let's go bowling"
ozark705 is on a distinguished road

ozark705's Tacoma Gallery
It is not a question as to which one is better, but which one(s) are best for your application. If you have no intentions of lifting in the rear (keepin' it stock), the best would be the 5125s (Sonny @ DSM will help selecting which 5125s you should use). But if you are planning on lifting the rear in the future, the 5100s in the rear will allow for 3" of lift. Thus, you may want to go with 5100s in case you ever decide to add lift. If you know that you are lifting the rear to a specific measurement (i.e. 2") you can still go with 5125s, but they would be specific to your lift height.

My taco, I have 5100s all the way around, with the front 5100s set at the middle setting and stock suspension in the rear and it sits almost dead level. However, I may put a 1.5" AAL or 2" AAL in the rear and go with OME 881 or Eibach coils in the future. The 5100s in the rear will allow for me to increase the lift (up to 3") without changing shocks if I decide to do so at a later date.

Hope this helps and good luck!
Old 01-30-2011, 12:47 PM   #3
Phuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozark705 View Post
It is not a question as to which one is better, but which one(s) are best for your application. If you have no intentions of lifting in the rear (keepin' it stock), the best would be the 5125s (Sonny @ DSM will help selecting which 5125s you should use). But if you are planning on lifting the rear in the future, the 5100s in the rear will allow for 3" of lift. Thus, you may want to go with 5100s in case you ever decide to add lift. If you know that you are lifting the rear to a specific measurement (i.e. 2") you can still go with 5125s, but they would be specific to your lift height.

My taco, I have 5100s all the way around, with the front 5100s set at the middle setting and stock suspension in the rear and it sits almost dead level. However, I may put a 1.5" AAL or 2" AAL in the rear and go with OME 881 or Eibach coils in the future. The 5100s in the rear will allow for me to increase the lift (up to 3") without changing shocks if I decide to do so at a later date.

Hope this helps and good luck!
That helped a lot! thank you very much!