1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

take off grille to change headlight housings?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by beefcake, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Jan 31, 2011 at 4:02 PM
    beefcake

beefcake [OP] J-rob

Member:
    First Name:
    J-Rob
    Central California
    Vehicle:
    98 4WD V6
    Debadged,Deck Plate mod, Helix throttle body spacer, magnaflow two chamber, smoked corner marker lamps, cb radio, smoked headlights, grillcraft mesh grill, URD short throw shifter, ultagauge, billstein 5100 front struts, spidertrax 1.25 spacers on all four
    here is my question. i have a 98 that i just installed my new grillecraft insert. i still have the grille off my truck because im waiting on new headlight housings and corner marker housings. so currently im rolling with no grille which looks funny, im wondering if i put it on if i will have to take it back off to put my new housings on when they get here? TIA

2. Feb 1, 2011 at 7:24 PM
    MowTaco

MowTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    16 Chevrolet Silverado
    I don't think it actually attaches anywhere to the grille... Just look and make sure there aren't any screws or tabs or anything that would be covered and "blocked in" by the grille.

3. Feb 1, 2011 at 7:39 PM
    beefcake

beefcake [OP] J-rob

Member:
    First Name:
    J-Rob
    Central California
    Vehicle:
    98 4WD V6
    Debadged,Deck Plate mod, Helix throttle body spacer, magnaflow two chamber, smoked corner marker lamps, cb radio, smoked headlights, grillcraft mesh grill, URD short throw shifter, ultagauge, billstein 5100 front struts, spidertrax 1.25 spacers on all four
    ya im thinkin the grille does cover some of the mounting points for the housings, it's all good the housings are supposed to be in tomorrow so i'll be able to get everything on then hopefully:)

Products Discussed in

To Top