Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

wrap warranty and steering bushings!!!!

Old 09-18-2008, 02:48 PM   #21
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubermx5 View Post
If your tires are having issue see if you can get them to replace them as well do to all the sterring issues.. it is long shot...

See what beer the tech likes and make sure he gets a 6 pack of it..That might help grease the wheel more....
actually, the tires are a new set that they put on when i got the truck....nothing wrong with them except they arent an a/t tire at all.(which was what i asked them to put on........i guess cause the tire says "cross country",they figured it'd work.) the steeing issues are solely in the rack bushings being worn out...and they cant get just the bushings, so they have to get the entire rack...which is like$1350............good thing i got the wrap warranty.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:25 PM   #22
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
cool you got it worked out & found a good tech on your side, no reason you should have to take the hit moneywise especially with the warranty. Beers all around well soda for me.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:26 PM   #23
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by xedge View Post
cool you got it worked out & found a good tech on your side, no reason you should have to take the hit moneywise especially with the warranty. Beers all around well soda for me.
pepsi for you!!! corona's for us!!
Old 09-19-2008, 09:06 AM   #24
ubermx5 is on a distinguished road
ubermx5's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to ubermx5
Well good deal....
Old 10-13-2008, 12:47 PM   #25
Sprayin' Paint like Its my Job
Choco Taco is on a distinguished road

Choco Taco's Tacoma Gallery
A little off topic, but I know my rack bushings are shot (leak fluid everytime i turn), and I looked it up on All-Data, cant seem to find anyhting about just replacing the bushings, I'm a do-it-yourselfer so I was hoping I wouldn't have to replace the whole rack

Can just the bushings be replaced?
Old 10-13-2008, 12:52 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choco Taco View Post
A little off topic, but I know my rack bushings are shot (leak fluid everytime i turn), and I looked it up on All-Data, cant seem to find anyhting about just replacing the bushings, I'm a do-it-yourselfer so I was hoping I wouldn't have to replace the whole rack

Can just the bushings be replaced?
well...if fluid leaks out every time you turn the wheel...you have more to worry about than bushings. sounds like your rack has bad seals too. but yes....the rack bushings can be replaced............but you cant get all them thru the dealership. you need to get them from energy suspension, wheelers offroad, or toytec. the bushing kit isnt all that expensive, and shouldnt be all that hard to do. here is a link on how to replace those bushings......

http://www.parksoffroad.com/tacomamo...ckbushings.htm
and another link.....

http://4x4wire.com/toyota/maintenance/steering_bushing/
Old 10-13-2008, 01:13 PM   #27

thanks, I'll give it a try, hopefully its not just a bandaid fix, cuz I cant afford a new rack right now
Old 10-13-2008, 01:47 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choco Taco View Post
thanks, I'll give it a try, hopefully its not just a bandaid fix, cuz I cant afford a new rack right now
hopefully...it will take care of the problem. you may want to add some power steering stop leak to the reservoir also, and replace the bushings...........becasue a new rack is really expensive. im thankful that i bought my wrap warranty, because if not....i wouldnt have been able to afford the rack.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:00 AM   #29

yeah.... I gotta do my TRE's soon so I might as well do the bushings while I'm at it
Old 12-17-2008, 09:01 PM   #30
BUSATODD
busatodd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbusatodd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbusatodd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbusatodd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbusatodd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbusatodd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbusatodd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbusatodd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbusatodd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbusatodd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbusatodd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

busatodd's Tacoma Gallery
sucks you had to go through all that to get fixed what should have already been fixed! i was going to suggest going to a personal mechanic and have them look it over and give you an estimate, then take it back to dealership and ask them if its STILL NORMAL!!!!
Old 12-17-2008, 09:05 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by busatodd View Post
sucks you had to go through all that to get fixed what should have already been fixed! i was going to suggest going to a personal mechanic and have them look it over and give you an estimate, then take it back to dealership and ask them if its STILL NORMAL!!!!
yeah man..............it was a pain in the ass for a while, but im glad i finally got it squared away.