Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Signs of leaks.

Old 02-02-2011, 06:27 PM   #1
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Signs of leaks.

A couple days ago I pulled the dip stick out to see how much oil I had in the truck. I was missing about half a court of oil... Is that unusual for my tacoma to be burning oil? Also this morning I was looking under the truck to find some diff oil leaking by the drive line where it meets up with the tranny case. Should I call toyota and have a mechanic look at it?
Old 02-02-2011, 06:32 PM   #2
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, but thoroughly clean all the old oily junk away and find out exactly where it's coming from. That's what they'll do to start.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:52 PM   #3
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I will probably end up taking it to the dealership to have them check it out.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:08 PM   #4
White Tank
SkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
SkyHighTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Thats not normal. It shouldnt burn or leak any oil.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:43 PM   #6
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
I will probably end up taking it to the dealership to have them check it out.

Actually just had that happen to mine was leaking at the seal where the transmission mounts to the motor. Long story short in order to fix the leak they had to drop the entire transmission $$$$. Thankfully I only had to pay $100 from my warranty deductible.

Another thing that's common with the Tacomas is they leak oil at the oil pan. Surprisingly Toyota doesn't use a gasket at the oil pan only sealant. Anyways Good luck with everything let us know the outcome.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha Dave View Post
Actually just had that happen to mine was leaking at the seal where the transmission mounts to the motor. Long story short in order to fix the leak they had to drop the entire transmission $$$$. Thankfully I only had to pay $100 from my warranty deductible.

Another thing that's common with the Tacomas is they leak oil at the oil pan. Surprisingly Toyota doesn't use a gasket at the oil pan only sealant. Anyways Good luck with everything let us know the outcome.

Well, I don't think I will be spending too much... I get really good deals at toyota.