Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Speedway Blue First Gen?

View Poll Results: What do you think of a SWB first gen?
SWB for the win! 16 26.23%
Neutral / It's your truck, do what you want. 24 39.34%
WTF Dude? 21 34.43%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-04-2011, 06:17 AM   #1
enjoying the shenanigans
Gunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Conner
Gunshot-6A's Tacoma Gallery
Speedway Blue First Gen?

I have grown to like the color, but I can't exactly afford a new tacoma at the moment because I'm a broke college student. What do you all think about a speedway blue first gen?

I had the photoshop request guys do a shop for me, and this is what it would look like. The color is a little off, but it has the general idea.

Old 02-04-2011, 06:20 AM   #2
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
I don't feel it.
The color is off though.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:20 AM   #3
Fire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
There's a regular cab one over on TTORA. It's got a solid axle swap and all but the color looks really good on it.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:27 AM   #4
tacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robbie
tacomaforlife's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunshot-6A View Post
I have grown to like the color, but I can't exactly afford a new tacoma at the moment because I'm a broke college student. What do you all think about a speedway blue first gen?

I had the photoshop request guys do a shop for me, and this is what it would look like. The color is a little off, but it has the general idea.

color looks alot off imo
Old 02-04-2011, 06:32 AM   #6
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
The only other color I could see my truck as is that dark forrest green. That is badass.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:35 AM   #7
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaforlife View Post
color looks alot off imo
It is. Look for some posts from Mongy on here and CT. He's got a lowered reg cab painted swb. It looks really good.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:36 AM   #8
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
And that PhotoShopped blue looks more like VooDoo blue on fjs
Old 02-04-2011, 08:15 AM   #9
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
The BMW m3 laguana seca blue
Old 02-04-2011, 08:23 AM   #10
Tippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTippett's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh Tippett
Tippett's TRD's Tacoma Gallery
If it was actually SWB, it would look good.. go for it!
Old 02-04-2011, 08:35 AM   #11
08bluetacoma is a jewel in the rough08bluetacoma is a jewel in the rough08bluetacoma is a jewel in the rough

EMS:
Name: Dave
08bluetacoma's Tacoma Gallery
someon in town here painted there early 1990s speedway blue and it looks unreal i say go for i love that colour
Old 02-04-2011, 08:36 AM   #12
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
looks like shit save your money
Old 02-04-2011, 08:40 AM   #13
08bluetacoma is a jewel in the rough08bluetacoma is a jewel in the rough08bluetacoma is a jewel in the rough

EMS:
Name: Dave
08bluetacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Heres the build page if you want to check it out

http://www.yotatech.com/f199/yota-3-...thread-207660/
Old 02-04-2011, 09:00 AM   #15
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08bluetacoma View Post
Heres the build page if you want to check it out

http://www.yotatech.com/f199/yota-3-...thread-207660/

That kids truck is Awsome!!!
Old 02-04-2011, 09:05 AM   #16
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Looks just as horrible as it does on 2nd gens
Old 02-04-2011, 09:16 AM   #17
DOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant future

Name: Jobin
DOT's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like a waste of money but hey its your money and truck
Old 02-04-2011, 09:17 AM   #18
Carpe Diem
Kuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Kuneff's Tacoma Gallery
I almost did it myself. twice...

about 4 years ago I have an 02 Step side... I was just about to pull the trigger on painting it when I found a Speedway Blue 06 at a dealership about 50 miles away. Day after Christmas I went up to trade for it... It was not Speedway Blue it was that ugly dark blue... so I went a mile down the road to the Toyota dealership to look and saw a 04 G35 Coupe sitting on their lot... I traded the next day for it.

Then my 97 Tacoma beater truck... It was sooooooo close to being Speedway Blue... but I wanted to beat it through the woods and thought Flat black would be the more practical choice...

now... several vehicles later... I just traded my 04 G35 Coupe (yes 2nd one I owned) for a brand new 2011 Speedway Blue Tacoma.....

I could not be happier with the color. I love it. But Blue is also my favorite color. I say Paint that truck Speedway Blue now and enjoy it... The color is awesome. Try to find a damaged hood off a 05+ and cut the hood scoop out and have it welded into you hood as well.... Make it "YOUR" truck.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:19 AM   #19
Carpe Diem
Kuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Kuneff's Tacoma Gallery
and for the money aspect of it.... unless you a the kind of person that saves every cent and spends nothing.... Your going to blow your money on something.... Spend it on your truck, so you have something to show for it.... You can't take the money with you...