Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

CD Player spits out CD

Old 02-04-2011, 12:16 PM   #1
TigersTacoma is on a distinguished road
TigersTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
CD Player spits out CD

Hey guys i have a 2000 tacoma and the cd player just decided to stop working. Everytime i put a cd in, it will hold it for about 5 seconds and then spit it out. It doesn't show an error message or anything it will just spit it out. Everything else works fine. I tried a cd player cleaner and it spit that cd out to. I also tried taking the player out and checking the wiring and it seems fine. I might just have to break down and buy a new one but I just wanted to see if anyone else has had this same problem. I'm not very savy when it comes to electronics so any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 02-04-2011, 12:17 PM   #2
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
I think he's telling you he wants to go in the trash can.

Wait....what are CD's?
Old 02-04-2011, 12:42 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
It's telling you to listen to better music

I had an old truck that did that. It finally stopped taking them altogether and that was that, time for a new head unit.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:50 PM   #4
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
my truck used to do the exact same thing before i got a new stereo. i would have to bang the top of the dash, the part above the cd player and it would play. almost like a was banging the cd down into place. sounds ghetto but it worked for me lol you could try that
Old 02-04-2011, 07:00 PM   #5
TigersTacoma is on a distinguished road
TigersTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
well ill try that and see how it works. i appreciate it
Old 02-04-2011, 07:06 PM   #6
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
yeah just give it a few bangs and see what happens. dont bang the shit out of it, just hard enough to knock the cd into place.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:59 PM   #7
TacoBlitz is on a distinguished road
Name: Jake
TacoBlitz's Tacoma Gallery
my 2001 does the same thing. I was actually just about to post a thread asking about this but I happen to see yours first.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:55 PM   #8
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Mine would do that when it would overheat. I would pull the CD out which would be quite warm (almost hot) to the touch, wait 5 or 10 minutes and put it back in. It would be fine after that. I dunno if it had anything to do with the unit itself (which was stock), or because of my extra long commute (80 miles one way).
Old 02-05-2011, 05:59 PM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
yeah just give it a few bangs and see what happens. dont bang the shit out of it, just hard enough to knock the cd into place.
Haha, if you can't fix it with a hammer, then you have an electrical problem!
Old 02-05-2011, 05:59 PM   #10
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
i doubt it's that... I've had CDs playing in the car for like 12 hours straight before
Old 02-05-2011, 06:02 PM   #11
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
when that happens there isn't much you can do. sometimes a good ole "disconnect the battery cables" trick can fix those electronics when they get on there period like that. get a can of that CO spray and shoot it in there. it's probably one of those little belts messed up though. . . bout as bad as the wiring in my old jeep. it required a cab temp of around 60 degrees and 2 left turns to make my cd player word (no joke). good luck though.