Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

axle wrap or something else?

Old 02-06-2011, 07:43 PM   #1
SargeSlapnuts 보고용의!!!!
SargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
SargeSlapnuts's Tacoma Gallery
axle wrap or something else?

i have a 2004 taco prerunner with the trd off road package. when ever i put it in reverse and pop the gasa little to hard i get pops and thumps that sound like they are coming from the front of the vehicle. could the noise becoming from the rear and sound like its from the front. not quite sure where to start with this one.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:44 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
How many miles?
Old 02-06-2011, 08:21 PM   #4
Banned
Skillet is on a distinguished road
Name: Caleb
Skillet's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like the u joints and slipper spline need to be greased on the driveshaft. Mine did that till I bought a grease gun and mobil 1 grease and filled all the zerk fittings until grease comes out of the u joints and the slipper shaft. Just my .02$
Old 02-06-2011, 08:22 PM   #5
SargeSlapnuts 보고용의!!!!
SargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
SargeSlapnuts's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet View Post
Sounds like the u joints and slipper spline need to be greased on the driveshaft. Mine did that till I bought a grease gun and mobil 1 grease and filled all the zerk fittings until grease comes out of the u joints and the slipper shaft. Just my .02$
i will give that a shot cause i have like three grease guns laying around.