Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What have you done to your Tacoma today? 1st Gen Edition

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-13-2011, 05:02 PM   #2901
Glitterdick
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanSR5x4 View Post
does anyone know the size of the rear diff drain and fill plug? i was fighting with it last night and lost.

finally this morning i gotta 15/16" on it and got it off but its all rounded and messed up so im thinking about replacing it. im thinkin maybe my diff breather is plugged up cuz it was so ridiculously tight maybe there was a bit of a vacuum? does that make sense?
They can often be an unholy bitch to get off, especially if they have not been maintained, or someone used the wrong crush washer (or no washer) or overtorqued it. The 30k mile regular service interval and the location also allows a lot of corrosion and filth to seal it up between changes. The first time I ever did it on my 93, I swore A LOT.

In the future, try hitting it with a small wire brush to take of any surface corrosion and then some PB blaster. You can also tap it with a hammer to help break corrosion. You'll likely need at least a breaker bar, if not a cheater bar, too. A six-point socket is also a good idea to avoid slipping and rounding.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:32 PM   #2902
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by capetaco12 View Post
Wont even recognize driving your truck It will be a whole new truck if all that is fubar.
You're right man, it's great. My shudder is gone, my steering is tight, and it feels like a brand new truck. Thanks again for all the help!
Old 07-13-2011, 09:26 PM   #2903
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nik
tc98tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Gettin a magnaflow glasspack put on tomorrow morning... I hope
Old 07-13-2011, 09:26 PM   #2904
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nik
tc98tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Gettin a magnaflow glasspack put on tomorrow morning... I hope It sounds pretty good !
Old 07-13-2011, 09:43 PM   #2905
ilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant future

ilove_taco_ma's Tacoma Gallery
just replaced my driver side cv axle. had a long time with that...not even gonna go to details.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:33 PM   #2907
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Plasti-dipped my chrome door handles, this stuff is freaking addiciting! Haha
ive been wanting to do this for a while im just too lazy...did you tape anything off?
Old 07-14-2011, 02:34 PM   #2908
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilove_taco_ma View Post
just replaced my driver side cv axle. had a long time with that...not even gonna go to details.
It's not that bad after the first one next time it should be simple
Old 07-14-2011, 02:36 PM   #2909
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by malander View Post
ive been wanting to do this for a while im just too lazy...did you tape anything off?
Taped all around just the handle, not the piece that houses the handle. And then used paper to cover the surrounding area from overspray, you don't have to worry about overdoing it, if it does get on the paint it will rub off when you wash your truck. I'll post pics in a second...
Old 07-14-2011, 03:13 PM   #2910
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Passenger side

Driver side

Passenger side came out smooth while the driver side came out rough (like bedliner) Be sure to shake it up a lot when using because apparently I didn't shake it enough! Still turned out nice though, amazing how much of a drifference it made!
Old 07-14-2011, 03:16 PM   #2911
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
^
Quote:
Plasti-dipped my chrome door handles, this stuff is freaking addiciting! Haha

Man you guys have commitment issues just paint them at least it wont rub off opening the doors.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:24 PM   #2912
Glitterdick
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
^

Man you guys have commitment issues just paint them at least it wont rub off opening the doors.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:24 PM   #2913

Quote:
^

This also isn't my truck, it's owned by my parents. My dad is all against painting any stock parts, and this was my best alternative. He'd rather me keep it stock except for a small lift and slightly larger tires.
Plus This is a good idea for me to see whether I thought my truck would look good with different areas black, this way if I don't like it I can remove it. So for me this is a good way of doing this...
Old 07-14-2011, 03:26 PM   #2914
Glitterdick

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This also isn't my truck, it's owned by my parents. My dad is all against painting any stock parts, and this was my best alternative. He'd rather me keep it stock except for a small lift and slightly larger tires.
Plus This is a good idea for me to see whether I thought my truck would look good with different areas black, this way if I don't like it I can remove it. So for me this is a good way of doing this...
Holy crap, this may actually be a legit use of plasti-dip!

Alert the media!
Old 07-14-2011, 03:26 PM   #2915
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Okay that's understandable i didn't know it was your dads truck
Old 07-14-2011, 03:31 PM   #2916

Quote:
Okay that's understandable i didn't know it was your dads truck
Mhm, it was bought for me to drive, but it's one of things where I'll have to buy it if I want it as my own. Which I have no problem with. For example he want's me to get 265/70/16's on stock rims, but I want 33x12.50x15's on pacer rims.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:33 PM   #2917

Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
Holy crap, this may actually be a legit use of plasti-dip!

Alert the media!
Haha! I will probably redo it with bedliner material someday anyways and take my chances with my dad, because I like the matte black color of it.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:31 PM   #2918
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Eibach, 5100, and diff drop arrived!

Old 07-14-2011, 07:34 PM   #2919
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
same situation here...not mine until i buy it but until then i can dump as much money as i want into it as long as there is an equal amount going towards college
Old 07-14-2011, 08:25 PM   #2920
CocoaBeachTacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Greg
CocoaBeachTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Installed a 3" OEM suspension lift with the 883 coils and rear aal

Before...

and after....

Products Discussed in this Thread