LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What have you done to your Tacoma today? 1st Gen Edition

Old 03-21-2013, 07:12 PM   #30361
Consistently Irregular
IronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really nice
Name: Corbin
IronCladTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Got front and rear diff oil changed. Would have done it myself, but I don't have a hand pump so I took it in. Got it back, finished the touch up on the body, washed and waxed it to get it ready for the trip Hopefully I don't break another window.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:16 PM   #30362
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronCladTRD View Post
Got front and rear diff oil changed. Would have done it myself, but I don't have a hand pump so I took it in. Got it back, finished the touch up on the body, washed and waxed it to get it ready for the trip Hopefully I don't break another window.
The front and rear diff is very easy to do yourself with just a funnel.

I have done my transfer case, transmission, and both diffs with nothing more than a skinny funnel and some clear hose.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:10 PM   #30365
Consistently Irregular
IronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post
The front and rear diff is very easy to do yourself with just a funnel.

I have done my transfer case, transmission, and both diffs with nothing more than a skinny funnel and some clear hose.
Yeah? I was under the impression that the fill hole would be pretty tough to get to without a hand pump. I guess I'm just afraid it'll turn out like it did for Krazie SJ...
Old 03-21-2013, 08:18 PM   #30367
Consistently Irregular
Ehh, maybe next time. It's gone 80,000 miles on the original gear oil Still need transmission and t-case done, but I'm pretty much too busy until August
Old 03-21-2013, 08:44 PM   #30369
06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 12 n msarng
Name: Matt
06texasedition's Tacoma Gallery
U definitely need some kind if pump for front diff
Old 03-21-2013, 08:51 PM   #30370
Senior Noob Member
Squeaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Squeaky Penguin's Tacoma Gallery
I did it with a foot or two of clear tubing and an extra set of hands. Really easy to do. One person to hold/squeeze the bottle, the other to hold the hose and watch the fluid level.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:03 PM   #30371
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"
BluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
BluePearlShark99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Cut yours out based on this template:

http://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByJ3w...WRk/edit?pli=1
you the man!! i couldn't find much of anything helpful online. thanx!!
Old 03-21-2013, 09:20 PM   #30372
N7MCS
Chipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31R, HHB, 2/43 ADA Battalian, 108th ADA Brigade, XVIII Airborne Corps
Name: Chip
Chipskip's Tacoma Gallery
Well, finally got my calipers done and started my big brake mod. Got one side complete, but ran into a issue trying to disconnect the old brake line. Oh well, hit it with PB and called it a night. I'll finish it up in the morning.

What have you done to your Tacoma today? 1st Gen Edition-imageuploadedbytapatalk-hd1363925787.871640.jpg

Paint choose at the local o'rieleys was red or silver...

What have you done to your Tacoma today? 1st Gen Edition-imageuploadedbytapatalk-hd1363925812.028727.jpg

My little helper! She is always ready and willing to help me with any project.

What have you done to your Tacoma today? 1st Gen Edition-imageuploadedbytapatalk-hd1363925921.491719.jpg
What have you done to your Tacoma today? 1st Gen Edition-imageuploadedbytapatalk-hd1363925945.607604.jpg

Passenger side is done and looks good.

Hopefully I'll get it all finished up in the morning and can work on other things.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:15 PM   #30374
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DblCabMN View Post
Nice Chip, I am torn between going 13WL and going to 15" rims when it's time for new tires. So far, the 15s are winning.
look at what mods you want for the truck.

If your going for like me, plate bumpers front and rear. Sliders, full skids, and bed rack w/RTT and a bed full of gear..get the brakes. The extra weight is felt way more during braking then during acceleration..and its felt a lot

Im planning on going to a 17'' rim to fit them. I hate the tire choices of a 16.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:23 PM   #30375
Because fuck you that's why...
Trigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Looks like a couple girls trucks......

looks great Rodrigo !!
Dough you have the exact same truck as Reagan and I.... Haha thanks bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
your truck is looking so dope these days!
thanks man! Your is coming along nicley aswell

So today with the help of a friend I installed a single din flip out 7" head unit, got it for $150 plus my single din head unit, I'll get some better pics tomorrow

In:

Out:
Old 03-22-2013, 07:00 AM   #30377
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"
BluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yesterday i put a regular air filter from work in place of my k/n filter and killed the cel but 120 miles later the cel came back on. good ole P0171... i'm at a loss, i've done everything, i must've overlooked a hose or something
replaced a few hoses, pcv, fuel filter, intake tube, air filter, front and rear o2 sensors, and cleaned the maf... i been stuck here from months. all i can hope is once i have my s/c set up, that the piggy back system will correct it
Old 03-22-2013, 07:48 AM   #30378
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePearlShark99 View Post
yesterday i put a regular air filter from work in place of my k/n filter and killed the cel but 120 miles later the cel came back on. good ole P0171... i'm at a loss, i've done everything, i must've overlooked a hose or something
replaced a few hoses, pcv, fuel filter, intake tube, air filter, front and rear o2 sensors, and cleaned the maf... i been stuck here from months. all i can hope is once i have my s/c set up, that the piggy back system will correct it
I was there for a long time, I feel ya. I still get a few P0171's from time to time. Have you checked your injectors? What about your CAT? Mine most often comes on in the summer about twice a week, and in the winter about once every month. I just delete the code since I can't find anything. I have an aftermarket CAT so I think that might be doing it for me.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:53 AM   #30379
Banned
Kirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
Kirk1589's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroskier View Post
I was there for a long time, I feel ya. I still get a few P0171's from time to time. Have you checked your injectors? What about your CAT? Mine most often comes on in the summer about twice a week, and in the winter about once every month. I just delete the code since I can't find anything. I have an aftermarket CAT so I think that might be doing it for me.
With an aftermarket cat there is a few things you MUST know. The distance from the stock honeycomb (loss of words brain fart) too the o2 sensor must be the same as the aftermarket. So if the stock is 4.5" to the rear o2 and the new one is 5.5" away you will have to cut some of your exhaust pipe to make it closer. This could be your issue not likely.
Make sure to check for vacuum leaks downstream of the MAF
Check condition of PCV over time heat and cold can cause them to become brittle and crack.
Monitor the o2 voltage it may have failed/faulty
Check your injectors one maybe stuck or plugged, you said you checked the filter but is it running ok when the lights on and off? Check FRP
And the most over looked False Air aka any exhaust leaks before the o2

Hope I could help
Old 03-22-2013, 09:03 AM   #30380
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroskier View Post
I think it's my intake set up. k/n drop in filter w/ airaid intake tube and deck plate mod. i just check and delete the code at work every time i think i've fixed the issue but it's been coming back on. this started back in late october.

i did an injector and throttle body service at work 2 weeks ago. i even tried running a half a tank of supremium 93 octane after i deleted the code and dropped in a cotton filter. but like i said it came on 120 miles later. as for the cat, mine is stock and how do i check it? i hate P0171

Products Discussed in this Thread