Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What have you done to your Tacoma today? 1st Gen Edition

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #31741
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenwick1993 View Post
Bought all of the fluids for the Taco today. About $100.
Haha I spent more than that on just tranny fluid. Amsoil FTW! 65 for gear oil too.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:46 AM   #31742
Mudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedMudfinger is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Lefty
Mudfinger's Tacoma Gallery
Installed a dual USB charging port in the cigarette lighter jack. 7 bucks.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:57 AM   #31743
curmudgeon
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Timmy
TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudfinger View Post
Installed a dual USB charging port in the cigarette lighter jack. 7 bucks.
details? writeup?
Old 04-12-2013, 12:11 PM   #31744
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Q Up View Post
The powder coat looks good.

You have a better turn signal "solution" than me. Lol
It wasn't really a solution. It was more like, "Damn, what do I do now". LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Tac0ma View Post
Love the bumper!!
If you look at my last post my blinker solution came out pretty good. Use a 6" amber led strip in conjunction with the corner light blinker mod.. Turned out pretty good
Good thinking! I like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOly View Post
Same experience here! Jerry's PCing work is above standard!!
Yeah, I liked it so much I also had him powdercoat the metal legs of my dinner table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponethousand View Post
x2, I had him powder coat his old elite bumper he sold me Textured is the ish!

Also ordered my Arb front locker!
I love your build! I wish I had a DC like yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
have not yet seen more ghetto ass turn signals on this site than that. congrats!
Thanks, lol. It was either this until I decide how I want to do it or have no turn signals at all and risk the chance of getting into an accident b/c the other driver couldn't tell which way I was turning. I choose option A and be temporary ghetto.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:19 PM   #31745
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSPerformance View Post

Thanks, lol. It was either this until I decide how I want to do it or have no turn signals at all and risk the chance of getting into an accident b/c the other driver couldn't tell which way I was turning. I choose option A and be temporary ghetto.
not bashing at all btw haha. I did the exact same thing while I was painting (err, priming) mine.

you just got em zip tied on and one looks like it's about to fall off. #ghetto fab
Old 04-12-2013, 12:24 PM   #31746
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
not bashing at all btw haha. I did the exact same thing while I was painting (err, priming) mine.

you just got em zip tied on and one looks like it's about to fall off. #ghetto fab
I know, I feel a little embarrassed driving around like this, but safety comes first.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:37 PM   #31747
Feet in the water...
Silver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Silver02Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Silver02Taco Send a message via AIM to Silver02Taco Send a message via MSN to Silver02Taco Send a message via Yahoo to Silver02Taco
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalrider View Post
Did the grey wire mod but my locker won't engage? :/

My Suggestion?

1.) Check the integrity of the connections on the wire you attached to the grey wire coming out of the plug that goes into the computer. They must be good and snug.
From looking at that 1st pic, it looks like you need to redo the end with the wire loom on it.

2. It's possible that the bracket that you attached the wire to isn't a true ground. When I did mine, there was a bracket welded to the body just to the left of the 4WD Computer that has a bunch of holes pre-drilled into it. I attached my ground wire to that bracket and it worked the 1st time I tried it, and every time since!

I hope that helps!

Old 04-12-2013, 01:46 PM   #31748
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSPerformance View Post
I know, I feel a little embarrassed driving around like this, but safety comes first.
I right there with ya!

Are you doing the relocation mod?
Old 04-12-2013, 03:05 PM   #31749
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"
BluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
BluePearlShark99's Tacoma Gallery
today I installed 6 new BKG platinum spark plugs and found my little crescent wrench wedged between the battery and the fuze box.
i been looking for it since february...
Old 04-12-2013, 04:10 PM   #31750
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Pulled my trans for the clutch install & also removed the factory windshield washer reservoir and put in a 92 pickup reservoir under the hood and made it to use my factory pump and low level sensor.
What have you done to your Tacoma today? 1st Gen Edition-imageuploadedbytapatalk1365808163.560921.jpg
What have you done to your Tacoma today? 1st Gen Edition-imageuploadedbytapatalk1365808197.826469.jpg
Old 04-12-2013, 04:17 PM   #31751
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by makou99 View Post
installed the homemade offroad bumper
That wicked. Did you make it yourself? And are you willing to make another....
Edmundston isn't that far... Elite and the likes are too far to go get one.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:19 PM   #31752
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Well I got my skid plates done... Formed backward though. At least I know it fits I guess.

Old 04-12-2013, 04:33 PM   #31753
sbsurfer is on a distinguished road

sbsurfer's Tacoma Gallery
Well when you're behind people it will atleast read correctly in their rear view mirror

Looks good!
Old 04-12-2013, 04:37 PM   #31754
RAT Products

isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbsurfer View Post
Well when you're behind people it will atleast read correctly in their rear view mirror

Looks good!
I'm not keeping this like it is. Either I'll sell it cheap if someone wants it and DGAF, or I'll cut and weld the letters the right way.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:41 PM   #31755
AWESOME MEMBER
Conman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
Conman117's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good though. At least it fits
Old 04-12-2013, 04:45 PM   #31756
42boxer is on a distinguished road

Marines: 6114 HMLA 773
Name: Brannon
42boxer's Tacoma Gallery
So i dont want to make a new tread but my trucks running weird for the first 10 mins of driving, Its sluggish and bogging down when accelerating. I just installed an aFe intake and everything was put on correct. No CEL. I have new spark plugs(only on prong tho, which apperently you need two prong) new spark wires, new MAF, oils good and everything. The truck will eventually run normal but takes quite a while. Could it be my CAT or what?
Thanks

2000 3.4 automatic 4x4
Old 04-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #31757
cynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cynicalrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
I'm not keeping this like it is. Either I'll sell it cheap if someone wants it and DGAF, or I'll cut and weld the letters the right way.
When I bought mine it never had a skid so I'm down for cheap.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:10 PM   #31758
cynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cynicalrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver02Taco View Post
My Suggestion?

1.) Check the integrity of the connections on the wire you attached to the grey wire coming out of the plug that goes into the computer. They must be good and snug.
From looking at that 1st pic, it looks like you need to redo the end with the wire loom on it.

2. It's possible that the bracket that you attached the wire to isn't a true ground. When I did mine, there was a bracket welded to the body just to the left of the 4WD Computer that has a bunch of holes pre-drilled into it. I attached my ground wire to that bracket and it worked the 1st time I tried it, and every time since!

I hope that helps!

I actually did redo that connection this morning when I was still tinkering with it because it came out when I plugged the connector back in. I took it out and did turns in dirt etc and the locker never engaged. I then tried in 4lo just to see if it would. It never did. And to be honest I'm not sure if I ever had it engaged before and I know the previous owner never wheeled. I found this that I am going to look into next.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:10 PM   #31759
RAT Products

isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalrider View Post
When I bought mine it never had a skid so I'm down for cheap.
It's for sale.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...skid-sell.html
Old 04-12-2013, 05:34 PM   #31760
makou99 is on a distinguished road

Name: Marc-Andre
makou99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
That wicked. Did you make it yourself? And are you willing to make another....
Edmundston isn't that far... Elite and the likes are too far to go get one.
yes i made it myself and im in moncton now so its even closer!

Products Discussed in this Thread