Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What have you done to your Tacoma today? 1st Gen Edition

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-18-2013, 08:31 AM   #32121
bpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud of
Name: Jon
bpkrules's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=TacoMX;6759785]It was only certain years between 01-04. If it doesn't come up in the recall, then you are fine (unless of course your Ball joints are worn out from normal wear and tear).

That makes me feel better.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:32 AM   #32122
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=bpkrules;6759847]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post
It was only certain years between 01-04. If it doesn't come up in the recall, then you are fine (unless of course your Ball joints are worn out from normal wear and tear).

That makes me feel better.
You can double check and call your dealership and give them your VIN to be sure
Old 04-18-2013, 08:42 AM   #32123
DarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to behold

Name: Clark
DarkShark's Tacoma Gallery
Destroyed one my shackles threads trying to rush to reinstall. Now the question is juck yard shackles 25$(and over an hour drive) or OME greaseable for 90$ ????
Old 04-18-2013, 08:44 AM   #32124
bpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud of
Name: Jon
bpkrules's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Those are amazing!!

link to the product?
Here's the one's I'm looking at. I don't see his though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130461882914...84.m1423.l2649
Old 04-18-2013, 08:54 AM   #32125
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Can anyone spot what is missing?
Your wheel and tire.

Tell 'em what he's won, Johnny!
Old 04-18-2013, 09:20 AM   #32126
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
There was a TSB for the bad ball joints, and the new design is much stronger. They still wear out or break over time. If you're still rolling on non-TSB ball joints, it's your own fault because toyota would've replaced them.
Nope. On 01-04

Quote:
The "TSB" only covered certain 01-04 trucks. Mainly the 02 model year.

PCbuilders was a 95-97
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpkrules View Post
I just check the Toyota site and it listed no recall info for me(again). I have never recieved anything from Toyota about my ball joints or frame.(First owner here). My frames fine but all this LBJs failures scare me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribull View Post
This may seem a silly question, but how do I go about having Toyota replace my LBJ's per the TSB?
i believe the recall is over too....not 100% sure though

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShark View Post
Destroyed one my shackles threads trying to rush to reinstall. Now the question is juck yard shackles 25$(and over an hour drive) or OME greaseable for 90$ ????

get some 1'' lift shackles new rear shocks and enjoy the drooooooppp
Old 04-18-2013, 09:50 AM   #32127
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Boom

Easiest install ever

Now to do the lower BJ and then onto the next side.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:52 AM   #32129
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
looking good!
Old 04-18-2013, 10:18 AM   #32130
2scars is just really nice2scars is just really nice2scars is just really nice2scars is just really nice
Navy: AMH2
Name: Brandon
2scars's Tacoma Gallery
finishing off my tent rack

almost done.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:30 AM   #32131
Only women shave beneath the neck.
Tribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Tribull's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2scars View Post

almost done.
Saaaaaweet!!!! What kind/size tent can you fit on that? That is phenomenal!
Old 04-18-2013, 10:35 AM   #32132
rescuetaco526 has a brilliant futurerescuetaco526 has a brilliant futurerescuetaco526 has a brilliant futurerescuetaco526 has a brilliant futurerescuetaco526 has a brilliant futurerescuetaco526 has a brilliant futurerescuetaco526 has a brilliant futurerescuetaco526 has a brilliant futurerescuetaco526 has a brilliant futurerescuetaco526 has a brilliant futurerescuetaco526 has a brilliant future

EMS: Medic/Firefighter
Name: Seth
rescuetaco526's Tacoma Gallery
Installing bilstein rear shocks. Rubber up or rubber down. Que the dirty jokes in three.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:36 AM   #32133
Sloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
Just picked these up off craigslist.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:42 AM   #32135

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
Just picked these up off craigslist.

looks like an older All Pro rear bumper?
Old 04-18-2013, 10:43 AM   #32136
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sick 3.4 tacoma View Post
i instaled my custom roof rack and light bar !!!!
What's up with the hinges on the feet of the rack?
Old 04-18-2013, 10:44 AM   #32137

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuetaco526 View Post
Installing bilstein rear shocks. Rubber up or rubber down. Que the dirty jokes in three.
Rubber down, then remove the rubber boots.

1. You want the shaft down so no water can collect on top of the seal end of the shock body and get into the seals.

2. The rubber boots hold moisture and cause the shafts to rust. I have run all my shocks rubber less ( ) with no issues.

Every time in the past I have used the rubber boots, I end up taking them off to reveal rust, mud, water, etc...gunked up inside the boot.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:44 AM   #32138
Sloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
looks like an older All Pro rear bumper?
Ya I think so. Not sure nothing to identity it. But that's what it most closely resembles.

Edit: just googled it, and it is an older all pro rear
Old 04-18-2013, 10:44 AM   #32139
Unprofessional Driver
CUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CUtacomaTIGER's Tacoma Gallery
maybe use some exrust by kano labs or similar product instead of or in addition to wire brush?
Old 04-18-2013, 10:48 AM   #32140

Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUtacomaTIGER View Post
maybe use some exrust by kano labs or similar product instead of or in addition to wire brush?
I was thinking flap disc with my angle grinder to take the rust off, self etching primer, and canned bed liner.

Products Discussed in this Thread