Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What have you done to your Tacoma today? 1st Gen Edition

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-27-2013, 10:31 PM   #32741
RansomFTW has a spectacular aura aboutRansomFTW has a spectacular aura aboutRansomFTW has a spectacular aura about

RansomFTW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorb View Post
And Welcome To Tw!
Thanks, was a long time lurker of TW and ClubFrontier before i decided to buy my tacoma. Glad i chose the taco
Old 04-27-2013, 10:36 PM   #32742
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
I leave my deckplate open year round for the most part. I do cap it during spring break up but other than that it's open. Filter gets dirty faster but I tend to change filters every other oil change anyway so it isn't a big deal. I need to get an afe filter one of these days
Old 04-27-2013, 10:38 PM   #32743
RansomFTW has a spectacular aura aboutRansomFTW has a spectacular aura aboutRansomFTW has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffirg View Post
I leave my deckplate open year round for the most part. I do cap it during spring break up but other than that it's open. Filter gets dirty faster but I tend to change filters every other oil change anyway so it isn't a big deal. I need to get an afe filter one of these days
Im not too worried about my filter getting dirty. Got the K&N and the the K&N recharge kit.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:50 PM   #32744
santabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant future

Name: jordan
santabarbarataco's Tacoma Gallery

my mod for the day, bumpstops
Old 04-27-2013, 10:53 PM   #32745
916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of

Name: Brian
916 YATES's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by santabarbarataco View Post

my mod for the day, bumpstops
SICK!!!
Old 04-27-2013, 10:54 PM   #32746
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dcpsychobilly's Tacoma Gallery
I seem to have mest up something what yet
Old 04-27-2013, 10:54 PM   #32747
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 916 YATES View Post
SICK!!!
x2
Old 04-27-2013, 10:58 PM   #32748
Banned
Kirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
Kirk1589's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigo View Post
How are you liking your magnaflow? Im having a hard time finding a non ricey exhaust for the 2.7...
here is a sound clip of mine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmB-...VvRccw&index=1
Old 04-27-2013, 11:05 PM   #32749

Also ordered new shocks and struts and dakar leaf springs, and now the waiting game begins
Old 04-27-2013, 11:58 PM   #32750
ALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Andrew
ALawrence's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Those don't look like muddin' tires
Well they are all terrains..... Mud is a terrain I suppose.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:02 AM   #32751
KalahariFerrari is on a distinguished road

KalahariFerrari's Tacoma Gallery
Rusty old bumper be gone damn you!

Finally got rid of the tetanus plaguing my rear bumper and, while its not the bumper I really want (spare wheel arm and attachments etc.), being on a budget this one looks much better! Prefer the black to the chrome too!
Attached Thumbnails
What have you done to your Tacoma today? 1st Gen Edition-photo-1.jpg   What have you done to your Tacoma today? 1st Gen Edition-photo-2.jpg   What have you done to your Tacoma today? 1st Gen Edition-photo-3.jpg   What have you done to your Tacoma today? 1st Gen Edition-photo-4.jpg   What have you done to your Tacoma today? 1st Gen Edition-photo-5.jpg  

Old 04-28-2013, 06:58 AM   #32752
DUCKSHOT is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard:
DUCKSHOT's Tacoma Gallery
Truck is prepped and ready for the bedlinder tomorrow mornin!!

Old 04-28-2013, 08:22 AM   #32753
06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 12 n msarng
Name: Matt
06texasedition's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALawrence View Post
I need a new skid plate...

Any suggestions?
I lost mine mud riding and haven't replaced it yet. I figured I don't need to replace it until I go back riding which won't be until after i put my r&p in
Old 04-28-2013, 08:33 AM   #32754
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ponethousand's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4x4 View Post
I lost mine mud riding and haven't replaced it yet. I figured I don't need to replace it until I go back riding which won't be until after i put my r&p in
I have my stock skid plate. Not sure if it would fit but I would let it go for cheap plus you pay shipping?
Old 04-28-2013, 08:41 AM   #32755
ALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Andrew
ALawrence's Tacoma Gallery
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponethousand View Post
I have my stock skid plate. Not sure if it would fit but I would let it go for cheap plus you pay shipping?
If Matt passes I'll take it.... Don't think I can pound mine back
Old 04-28-2013, 08:45 AM   #32756
FramerKat will become famous soon enough

Name: kAt
FramerKat's Tacoma Gallery
Not what I did to my Tacoma because that was yesterday...but BECAUSE of what I did to my Tacoma yesterday...my legs don't work too well today. Guess painting my rims on the truck was too many deep knee bends for as out of shape I am. Now to take some Advil and lurk on TW...that clear coat will happen later on...maybe next weekend
Old 04-28-2013, 08:57 AM   #32757
BigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant future

BigOly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FramerKat View Post
Not what I did to my Tacoma because that was yesterday...but BECAUSE of what I did to my Tacoma yesterday...my legs don't work too well today. Guess painting my rims on the truck was too many deep knee bends for as out of shape I am. Now to take some Advil and lurk on TW...that clear coat will happen later on...maybe next weekend
But it was still worth all that work, right? Ahh, you just reminded me, when I get around to doing my wheel painting project I'll just take off one wheel at a time to work on and throw on the spare.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:10 AM   #32758

Yeah, if you have the facilities...it's probably best to remove one wheel at a time. Although, since I was painting all four at once (albiet ON the truck), the first one was pretty dry by the time I came back around on the first couple of coats.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:16 AM   #32759

And it was WELL worth it! I love how it looks I've got some rough patches (in the inside of each of the openings) where I didn't get the spray in directly, but I'm thinking I'll just sand a bit before I do the clear coat. I did put the center caps back on though...since it had cured since yesterday, I thought it was safe. I'll just have to be careful prying them off to do the clear coat on the rims.

Here's a couple more shots with the center caps on:

IMAG4686 by Kathy / Analog Soul Photography, on Flickr

hdr_00047_0-1-1 by Kathy / Analog Soul Photography, on Flickr

Sorry for the weirdness of that second one...it was my cell phone HDR app...it seems to make anything reflective look odd. But I do like how it rendered the wheels.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:17 AM   #32760

I still havent made up my mind if I'll paint mine and what color. I was thinking that bronze color would go good on black

Products Discussed in this Thread