Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What have you done to your Tacoma today? 1st Gen Edition

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-01-2013, 08:09 PM   #33081
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
Pulled 1100 lbs on some sketchy ass harbor freight kit trailer 80 miles. Picked up a motorcycle and some laser cut skid plates.

Got decent gas mileage on the whole trip considering I had a tail wind going down and head wind coming home.
I thought the ECT button was kinda useless. Did you notice a change in the shift points?
(Never towed anything so I wouldn't know)
Old 05-01-2013, 08:10 PM   #33082
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco terror View Post
I thought the ECT button was kinda useless. Did you notice a change in the shift points?
Shift points definitely change with ECT on...

It works best for city driving, hilly driving, or towing.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:14 PM   #33083
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99tacoprerunner View Post
I finally said f*** it and bought some new wheels and tires......what do you fellas think
BEFORE
[/URL]

AFTER
Major difference, looks great!
Old 05-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #33084
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's for towing and hauling, so a non-loaded stock truck would not benefit from it at your average rpm. It holds you in a lower gear longer, so when I'm hauling or towing I use it for better acceleration. It helps avoid the trans "hunting for the correct gear".
Old 05-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #33085
MatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
MatthewMay1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's for towing and hauling, so a non-loaded stock truck would not benefit from it at your average rpm. It holds you in a lower gear longer, so when I'm hauling or towing I use it for better acceleration. It helps avoid the trans "hunting for the correct gear".
X2
Old 05-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #33086
got 5VZFE?

Quote:
ahh ok
Old 05-01-2013, 08:28 PM   #33087
Bobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bobert14's Tacoma Gallery
Pulled these:

To haul these:
Old 05-01-2013, 08:33 PM   #33088
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobert14 View Post
Pulled these:

To haul these:
Is that your 2013 car in the middle there? Looking real good. Ours is in the process of being reassembled after paint. Already rolled it once during testing
Old 05-01-2013, 08:35 PM   #33089
Bobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Is that your 2013 car in the middle there? Looking real good. Ours is in the process of being reassembled after paint. Already rolled it once during testing
Nope that is last year's. '13 is the paintless one. Hah! It happens. The closest one is from '08...rolled it three times that day. My second rollover ever in the cars. I went for a couple years without rolling and I've managed it twice this year somehow. Sending our's out for paint this Monday. Still have some testing to get out of the way.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:38 PM   #33090
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Nope that is last year's. '13 is the paintless one. Hah! It happens. The closest one is from '08...rolled it three times that day. My second rollover ever in the cars. I went for a couple years without rolling and I've managed it twice this year somehow. Sending our's out for paint this Monday. Still have some testing to get out of the way.
You guys get to send it out?! We get to paint everything ourselves with the $15 harbor freight paint gun I bought last week

Here's the roll, we're calling it our "10g frame test". I told him not to let off and power through, and what does he do? he lets off the throttle. No damage thankfully.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esTWh...ature=youtu.be
Old 05-01-2013, 08:45 PM   #33091

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
You guys get to send it out?! We get to paint everything ourselves with the $15 harbor freight paint gun I bought last week

Here's the roll, we're calling it our "10g frame test". I told him not to let off and power through, and what does he do? he lets off the throttle. No damage thankfully.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esTWh...ature=youtu.be
Yessir! Powder coat sexy time for the chassis. Sponsors ftw.

'12 is rocking the Smokey and the Bandit fire chicken.

When in doubt, throttle. Except for hill climbs. One of the three rollover was a backflip it on a hill climb. He needed to cut the throttle way earlier lol.

Thank God you didn't damage the new car haha. They can take a significant amount of punishment for what they are. Luckily it was in practice and not at comp. We endo-ed our '11 car in the endurance race...

You guys going to Bellingham this year?

Edit: Just realized it looks like he tried to put his hand out to stop it?!
Old 05-01-2013, 08:56 PM   #33092
"young Brett"
Squeaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Squeaky Penguin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Pulled 1100 lbs on some sketchy ass harbor freight kit trailer 80 miles. Picked up a motorcycle and some laser cut skid plates.

Got decent gas mileage on the whole trip considering I had a tail wind going down and head wind coming home.

I have one of those trailers. And I'd agree, sketchy is a great discription. I'd reccomend heading back to Harbor Freight and picking up a couple of spares for it beofre you do anything else, and ripping off those fenders, they have a tendency to get bent and rub the tire. Ask me how I know.....
Old 05-01-2013, 09:06 PM   #33093
99tacoprerunner is on a distinguished road

Name: oscar
99tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I know it feels and looks way different...thanks
Old 05-01-2013, 09:12 PM   #33094
braaap

Quote:
Yessir! Powder coat sexy time for the chassis. Sponsors ftw.

'12 is rocking the Smokey and the Bandit fire chicken.

When in doubt, throttle. Except for hill climbs. One of the three rollover was a backflip it on a hill climb. He needed to cut the throttle way earlier lol.

Thank God you didn't damage the new car haha. They can take a significant amount of punishment for what they are. Luckily it was in practice and not at comp. We endo-ed our '11 car in the endurance race...

You guys going to Bellingham this year?

Edit: Just realized it looks like he tried to put his hand out to stop it?!
HAHA yeah his hands almost went out, luckily he's not one of our drivers since he's over 200lbs. Yup, leaving for Bellingham on the 13th, we'll see you guys up there. We're car #12, New Mexico Tech.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:44 PM   #33096
Talk slow, shoot fast.
DirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
DirtyDTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
X2! Your truck looks mean man. Love it
Old 05-01-2013, 09:51 PM   #33097
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
rear bumper back on... no more chrome

Old 05-01-2013, 10:01 PM   #33098
Pabst knows best
banditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
banditstpk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post

Old 05-01-2013, 10:13 PM   #33099
braaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post

MOT 2.0
Old 05-01-2013, 10:39 PM   #33100
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DblCabMN View Post
Drinking free booze, eating free food and working on server upgrades... oh wait, wrong forum. Bought a 5-pack of Summit D-Windows in 15x8 3.75BS - Slapping some sweet rubber on them early next week...
Those wheels may not clear the caliper face without wheel spacers. At least, that is what has happened to others.

Products Discussed in this Thread