Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What have you done to your Tacoma today? 1st Gen Edition

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-02-2013, 06:02 AM   #33081
Tanner757 is a name known to allTanner757 is a name known to allTanner757 is a name known to allTanner757 is a name known to allTanner757 is a name known to allTanner757 is a name known to all

Name: Tanner
Tanner757's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettb View Post
How?
the guy sounded legit but then after a while i got these texts from him
"sorry for taking so long to reply. am willing to add an extra 50 to the askinig price if you can secure the purchase as am really interested in buying it. if this is ok, i will be sending you check via usps priority mail which would have to clear before the pick up is done. so, do get back to me with your full name and mailing so as to facilitate the mailing out of the payment to your location right withough any further delay"
well my friend sold something on craigslist also and he got the same exact txt and he said why not, he cashed the guys check and now he owes the bank 1400 dollars because of this guy.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:06 AM   #33082
Tanner757 is a name known to allTanner757 is a name known to allTanner757 is a name known to allTanner757 is a name known to allTanner757 is a name known to allTanner757 is a name known to all

Name: Tanner
Tanner757's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponethousand View Post
Sorry to hear that. Put it in the tidewater thread. You might get a buyer.
ok cool, i posted it in the for sale thread area but didnt know there was a tidewater area too, thanks ill be oputting it up there shortly
Old 05-02-2013, 06:39 AM   #33083
puddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Zach
puddin67's Tacoma Gallery
Finally mounted some new fog lamps to my bull bar last night, some big Baja Champions. Lookin great
Old 05-02-2013, 07:49 AM   #33085
se7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

se7enine's Tacoma Gallery
Just replaced my rusted exhaust for all new parts, from new OEM mini header to a stock replacement muffler. Shelled out about $400 but I installed everything and it passed smog so success. Going to get rid of my old Downey header if anybody wants it. Still have C.A.R.B. sticker I think.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #33086
99tacoprerunner is on a distinguished road

Name: oscar
99tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIPICOTACO View Post
those look really good! what are they?
They are the ultra crusher wheels
Old 05-02-2013, 10:24 AM   #33087
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
Pulled 1100 lbs on some sketchy ass harbor freight kit trailer 80 miles. Picked up a motorcycle and some laser cut skid plates.

Got decent gas mileage on the whole trip considering I had a tail wind going down and head wind coming home.
Makes me wish i had stock tire A/Ts ..... i only get like 120-130 mid tank...
Old 05-02-2013, 01:32 PM   #33088
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
With the topper off being repainted I took the time to clean the Line-X on my bed. I've never cleaned it in the 14 years I've owned it. Would hose it down eventually that's it.

But over time it's gotten heavily stained... some weird purple staining going on (have no idea what it is) along with the 14 years of dirt and crud getting imbedded in it.

Not to mention it has faded A LOT. I wasn't expecting it to go back to gloss black and brand new looking but I was looking to revive it.

Let me tell you... what a difference. I used Zep 505 (or whatever their Purple Power equivalent is) and a pressure washer I borrowed from a friend. I sprayed down the entire bed with a ridiculous amount of the degreaser... I emptied an entire bottle. Let it sit for a few minutes then pressure washed the entire bed. I was holding the nozzle about 2 or 3" away from the surface and I can literally see the color of the Line-X changing. And no, not from it just being wet... It was as if I was spray painting the bed black.

It's hard to tell the ultimate difference in these pics because I'm taking them with an iPhone in the blaring sun... but the last pic should show you the difference.

You can kinda see the weird purple staining I had all over the bed:

Before/After

Here's During/After. The tailgate is entirely wet. You can see I did the inner panel and how it compares to the outer edge. You can also see where I hit that outer edge and it looks like I spray painted it... during the whole process I would literally see that happening to the old/stained areas.

After I did that outer edge:

And here's the best way to see what my bed looked like before and after. This is it fully dry right now. You can see the spot where I missed (have to go fire up the pressure washer again ). The spot where I missed is what my entire bed looked like... now you can see what it looks like. I'm very happy with the results.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #33089
Talk slow, shoot fast.
DirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
DirtyDTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
But over time it's gotten heavily stained... some weird purple staining going on (have no idea what it is) along with the 14 years of dirt and crud getting imbedded in it.
sounds like my granddad's silverado. It's got purple crap everywhere along the bedliner and I have no idea what it's from. Guess I'll do him a favor and degrease/pressure wash it and hope that it comes out looking as good as yours. Made a world of difference, looks good.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:46 PM   #33090
06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 12 n msarng
Name: Matt
06texasedition's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
With the topper off being repainted I took the time to clean the Line-X on my bed. I've never cleaned it in the 14 years I've owned it. Would hose it down eventually that's it.

Not to mention it has faded A LOT. I wasn't expecting it to go back to gloss black and brand new looking but I was looking to revive it.

Let me tell you... what a difference. I used Zep 505 (or whatever their Purple Power equivalent is) and a pressure washer I borrowed from a friend. I sprayed down the entire bed with a ridiculous amount of the degreaser... I emptied an entire bottle. Let it sit for a few minutes then pressure washed the entire bed. I was holding the nozzle about 2 or 3" away from the surface and I can literally see the color of the Line-X changing. And no, not from it just being wet... It was as if I was spray painting the bed black.

It's hard to tell the ultimate difference in these pics because I'm taking them with an iPhone in the blaring sun... but the last pic should show you the difference.

You can kinda see the weird purple staining I had all over the bed:

Before/After

Here's During/After. The tailgate is entirely wet. You can see I did the inner panel and how it compares to the outer edge. You can also see where I hit that outer edge and it looks like I spray painted it... during the whole process I would literally see that happening to the old/stained areas.

After I did that outer edge:

And here's the best way to see what my bed looked like before and after. This is it fully dry right now. You can see the spot where I missed (have to go fire up the pressure washer again ). The spot where I missed is what my entire bed looked like... now you can see what it looks like. I'm very happy with the results.

That's look 100% better
Old 05-02-2013, 02:48 PM   #33091
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4x4 View Post
That's look 100% better
Yeah the difference is unbelievable.

I missed more than that one spot so now the OCD has the best of me. A couple more times of touch ups and it'll be pretty pristine looking.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:49 PM   #33092
06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 12 n msarng
Name: Matt
06texasedition's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah the difference is unbelievable.

I missed more than that one spot so now the OCD has the best of me. A couple more times of touch ups and it'll be pretty pristine looking.
Lol yea it's like night n day
Old 05-02-2013, 03:01 PM   #33094
Banned
Kirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
Kirk1589's Tacoma Gallery
Just did all the belts and oil change. Only $26.88 did it at work. Not to shabby
Old 05-02-2013, 03:30 PM   #33096
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Did the brakes

Old 05-02-2013, 03:32 PM   #33097
bonafide
sk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
sk8rjess's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-02-2013, 03:48 PM   #33098
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ponethousand's Tacoma Gallery
Timbren bump stops and diff drop kit came in the mail today

Old 05-02-2013, 04:02 PM   #33099
FramerKat will become famous soon enough

Name: kAt
FramerKat's Tacoma Gallery
Drove to and from work in this mess:

IMAG4769 by Kathy / Analog Soul Photography, on Flickr

And was thankful to have a tall enough truck to wade through all of the flooded side streets.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:18 PM   #33100
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FramerKat View Post
Drove to and from work in this mess:

IMAG4769 by Kathy / Analog Soul Photography, on Flickr

And was thankful to have a tall enough truck to wade through all of the flooded side streets.
I call your rain, and raise you snow.

Products Discussed in this Thread