Name: Sean
04toco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadPin21 View Post
2 days ago....Wheels and Tires.

lift??
Old 05-10-2013, 06:20 PM   #33822
wtf am i reading
Razgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Razgriz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post
Found this stuck and abandoned ferd
Joy ride?
Old 05-10-2013, 06:28 PM   #33823
curmudgeon
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Timmy
TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
I just ran a full tank without a topper for the first time ever. Got 23.5 mpg. That's a tad higher than my normal summer avg

In May 2012 I averaged 22.6 mpg, June 2012 23.1 mpg, July 2012 22.7 mpg and Aug 2012 22.8 mpg.

If my topper isn't on after I go through the next tank and the mpgs are above 23 again... I might seriously consider trying to store the topper in my garage unless I need it.
If you wouldn't mind... what tires are you running? And around what revs are you shifting at? My tanks tend to be 18-20. Sometimes a little better on long trips. Or do you have a 4banger?
Old 05-10-2013, 06:31 PM   #33824
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
If you wouldn't mind... what tires are you running? And around what revs are you shifting at? My tanks tend to be 18-20. Sometimes a little better on long trips. Or do you have a 4banger?
Bone stock except sliders and spray paint

31/10.5r15 BFG ATs

3.4L V6, 5-speed manual.

And I drive like a great grandmother on morphine
Old 05-10-2013, 06:43 PM   #33825
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razgriz View Post
Joy ride?
No. People always go wheeling alone, usually in under equipped trucks and usually 2wd. Then get stuck, and end up having to abandon the truck to get help. This truck is already gone.

People around here aren't too bright. Lol. I can't count how many people get stuck there because they are alone and end up having to leave the truck.

I even have told people explicitly, "DO NOT go in that mud with that truck, you WILL get stuck." They usually say something like, "this is a CHEBY i can make it," and run through it, get stuck then ask me if I can pull them out.

And my personal rule is that I only pull out people I know. If I pulled out everyone that asked me I would be pulling out 10 people a week during the rainy season.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:54 PM   #33826
curmudgeon
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Bone stock except sliders and spray paint

31/10.5r15 BFG ATs

3.4L V6, 5-speed manual.

And I drive like a great grandmother on morphine
Damn. I don't even have sliders, and I think we have the same shell. My tires are even a little smaller at 265/70 (I measured them the other day at ~30").

Is most of your driving 55mph? Best tank I've gotten was 22 with mostly 55 highway.

Driving like a grandma doesn't really seem to make a difference in my mpg. When I first got the truck I did a tank where drove like a dickbag and rev'd to 3K every time. Then a tank where I shifted a hair over 2k and drove slow. It was within a half a gallon. Which is probably just variance in the shutoff with different pumps.

It seems to me my mpg is more the number of cold starts / short trips. Like when I get too lazy to walk the 8 blocks to the climbing gym after work
Old 05-10-2013, 06:59 PM   #33827
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Damn. I don't even have sliders, and I think we have the same shell. My tires are even a little smaller at 265/70 (I measured them the other day at ~30").

Is most of your driving 55mph? Best tank I've gotten was 22 with mostly 55 highway.

Driving like a grandma doesn't really seem to make a difference in my mpg. When I first got the truck I did a tank where drove like a dickbag and rev'd to 3K every time. Then a tank where I shifted a hair over 2k and drove slow. It was within a half a gallon. Which is probably just variance in the shutoff with different pumps.

It seems to me my mpg is more the number of cold starts / short trips. Like when I get too lazy to walk the 8 blocks to the climbing gym after work
Half or so of my commute Mon-Fri is 45 or 50 mph. Total commute one-way is 13 miles.

That's about to change when my daughter goes to a new school and it's going to be a 3.5 mile one-way trip. I expect to see a big drop in mpg.

But truly I've noticed that it doesn't matter if I'm going up mountain passes in 4WD on snowy roads in 4th or 3rd gear, 4-wheeling for two days, driving mostly city, all highway, etc... my mpgs are usually in the 21-23.5 range.

I'm curious to see what the shorter/cold engine commute does to my economy.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:03 PM   #33828
curmudgeon

TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Half or so of my commute Mon-Fri is 45 or 50 mph. Total commute one-way is 13 miles.

That's about to change when my daughter goes to a new school and it's going to be a 3.5 mile one-way trip. I expect to see a big drop in mpg.

But truly I've noticed that it doesn't matter if I'm going up mountain passes in 4WD on snowy roads in 4th or 3rd gear, 4-wheeling for two days, driving mostly city, all highway, etc... my mpgs are usually in the 21-23.5 range.

I'm curious to see what the shorter/cold engine commute does to my economy.
Thanks for the info. Yeah I haven't noticed much difference in MPG in 4wd either. I sort of gave up trying to improve mpg since my driving habits weren't really changing anything. I'd be curious to know what your mpg ends up being the addition of the short trip. And regardless, jealous of what you're getting!
Old 05-10-2013, 07:05 PM   #33829
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
This:

Plus this:

equals swag:
Old 05-10-2013, 07:19 PM   #33830

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Yeah I haven't noticed much difference in MPG in 4wd either. I sort of gave up trying to improve mpg since my driving habits weren't really changing anything. I'd be curious to know what your mpg ends up being the addition of the short trip. And regardless, jealous of what you're getting!
I cleaned my MAF, throttle body, IACV, changed all my spark plugs and new spark plug wires all in one shot. Noticed no difference in mpg at all.

Changed my fuel filter... no difference either.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:40 PM   #33831
old school
5280 is on a distinguished road

5280's Tacoma Gallery
Installed an afe filter so my 99 can breathe easy
Old 05-10-2013, 08:16 PM   #33832
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
Taco me elmo's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota rated our trucks at 16-21 tops but i get 17-18 since im 90% city driving and refuse to drive like an old man holding up traffic.

When i read people saying they get 22+ mpg I laugh cause not even when i was stock doing 60-65 mph with and without cruise control did i ever get even close to 20.. LOL

Especially since im a 5 speed and autos get worse mileage and a few have said they get 4cyl mileage haha
Old 05-10-2013, 08:19 PM   #33833
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
No Tacoma is the same from what I can tell. You can have the exact same trucks and one will get 17 and the other may get 20. They're just different. My 2.7 auto 96 Tacoma got 20-21 with 31x10.50x15's on steel wheels at best.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:33 PM   #33834
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco terror View Post
This:

Plus this:

equals swag:
That is one super clean 96!! Looks great man!
Old 05-10-2013, 09:44 PM   #33835
"young Brett"
Squeaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Squeaky Penguin's Tacoma Gallery
I'm with Madjik on this, don't get how everyone gets such poor mileage. I will say though that here in Colorado there is a 2-4mpg difference in winter, mainly due to ethanol, but I just noticed recently we're back to the good gas. So with that being said:

I do not drive like a great grandma with my V6 5-speed, and last tank, 100% city, 265/75/16 Load Range E BFG ATs, 2" lift, and sliders; I got 18.9 MPG. That is with the topper as well. When I try to get better mileage in town, I usually get about 21. Best I ever got (and repeated almost identically twice) was 26.2MPG driving between Steamboat and Fort Collins. Those who know that drive understand it is probably an average speed of about 50-55mph 2-lane highway with lots of curves and hills.

In fact, I'm in FC now, filled up in Steamboat, I'll report back with the millage I got when I fill up tomorrow or Sunday before heading back up.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:15 PM   #33836
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
equals swag:
[/QUOTE]

did this with my SC plate but now it's starting to peel. need to do the entire front end over again with bed liner
Old 05-10-2013, 10:17 PM   #33837
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAN808 View Post
That is one super clean 96!! Looks great man!
thanks a lot man!

It the lighting that makes it look less dirty than it is. It would look much better if someone didn't throw a rock at my fender last year. (you can barely see the dent in the pictures). It was also sadly parked under a tree for over a year and the paint was abused even before then. I washed it a few times for my grandpa using a brush with bristles when I was real young. I didn't know better, and also didn't know it would be mine one day. Sorry for the short story.

When I wax it up though, it still looks pretty darn good for all of her 89,000 miles.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:06 PM   #33838
fouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Riley
fouillard13's Tacoma Gallery
put my new steering rack bushings in. now i need alignment. Got my new cv shafts in from ebay. Wrong ones %##*&!!!! and got my relentless rear DIY bumper tacked up. Doesnt even come with tow hooks!!!!! and no instructions!
Old 05-10-2013, 11:20 PM   #33839
losers101 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandan
losers101's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fouillard13 View Post
put my new steering rack bushings in. now i need alignment. Got my new cv shafts in from ebay. Wrong ones %##*&!!!! and got my relentless rear DIY bumper tacked up. Doesnt even come with tow hooks!!!!! and no instructions!
You'll have to post up some pics of how the bumper looks, I'm contemplating building something myself from scratch or being lazy and getting the DIY
Old 05-10-2013, 11:28 PM   #33840
fouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Riley
fouillard13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by losers101 View Post
You'll have to post up some pics of how the bumper looks, I'm contemplating building something myself from scratch or being lazy and getting the DIY

I will get pictures tomorrow or sunday when its all welded and grinded. He forgot to send me the d rings( tow hook mounts) and it was kinda took some tinkering to figure out how it goes together.

Products Discussed in this Thread