Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What have you done to your Tacoma today? 1st Gen Edition

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-11-2013, 02:51 AM   #33821
Dr. Frankenstien
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco me elmo View Post
Toyota rated our trucks at 16-21 tops but i get 17-18 since im 90% city driving and refuse to drive like an old man holding up traffic.

When i read people saying they get 22+ mpg I laugh cause not even when i was stock doing 60-65 mph with and without cruise control did i ever get even close to 20.. LOL

Especially since im a 5 speed and autos get worse mileage and a few have said they get 4cyl mileage haha
My double cab v6 according to ultra gauge gets 20 easy on the hwy and it's an auto. but I got 23 once in my 96 before I started modding it. But it was mostly at 45-55mph.

Our trucks sweet spot is 45-55. 65 is not. And especially nothing above that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky Penguin View Post
I'm with Madjik on this, don't get how everyone gets such poor mileage. I will say though that here in Colorado there is a 2-4mpg difference in winter, mainly due to ethanol, but I just noticed recently we're back to the good gas. So with that being said:

I do not drive like a great grandma with my V6 5-speed, and last tank, 100% city, 265/75/16 Load Range E BFG ATs, 2" lift, and sliders; I got 18.9 MPG. That is with the topper as well. When I try to get better mileage in town, I usually get about 21. Best I ever got (and repeated almost identically twice) was 26.2MPG driving between Steamboat and Fort Collins. Those who know that drive understand it is probably an average speed of about 50-55mph 2-lane highway with lots of curves and hills.

In fact, I'm in FC now, filled up in Steamboat, I'll report back with the millage I got when I fill up tomorrow or Sunday before heading back up.
It's easy.

Spend around 4-8k on the truck in armor and big tires and other shit till it is super tall in the air and weights 5000lbs..then you get 10mpg like me
Old 05-11-2013, 06:38 AM   #33822
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky Penguin View Post
I'm with Madjik on this, don't get how everyone gets such poor mileage. I will say though that here in Colorado there is a 2-4mpg difference in winter, mainly due to ethanol, but I just noticed recently we're back to the good gas. So with that being said:

I do not drive like a great grandma with my V6 5-speed, and last tank, 100% city, 265/75/16 Load Range E BFG ATs, 2" lift, and sliders; I got 18.9 MPG. That is with the topper as well. When I try to get better mileage in town, I usually get about 21. Best I ever got (and repeated almost identically twice) was 26.2MPG driving between Steamboat and Fort Collins. Those who know that drive understand it is probably an average speed of about 50-55mph 2-lane highway with lots of curves and hills.

In fact, I'm in FC now, filled up in Steamboat, I'll report back with the millage I got when I fill up tomorrow or Sunday before heading back up.
I should also say that I'm always trying to apply the lightest amount of pressure on the gas pedal to go a certain speed.

I'm very conscious about my right foot, in other words.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:32 AM   #33823
Sloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
With my 4cyl 5spd 4x4, 4:30's tube bumper, and 31x10.5 duratracs I get around 22-25 mpg doing 65 on the highway. Mpg really drops when going over 65. But, I don't really care. I bought a truck, not a compact. It gets decent mileage, hauls crap, and offroads. Seems decent enough to me.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:41 AM   #33824
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dcpsychobilly's Tacoma Gallery
Wow 22-25
Old 05-11-2013, 10:17 AM   #33825
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
No Tacoma is the same from what I can tell. You can have the exact same trucks and one will get 17 and the other may get 20. They're just different. My 2.7 auto 96 Tacoma got 20-21 with 31x10.50x15's on steel wheels at best.
haha my 2.7 auto got 20 when it was bone stock on 31s

now that it has 33s and armor i only get 20 if i am driving 100% highway. How madjik gets such good mpg is a dam mystery, it's like his truck is part prius.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:18 AM   #33826
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
The boot on my passenger tie rod ripped a little....
Old 05-11-2013, 10:19 AM   #33827
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys! Bumper turned out better than I expected.

Picking up a '79 Ford Dana 60 today!
Old 05-11-2013, 10:22 AM   #33829
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post

Old 05-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #33830
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post

can't wait to see the swap begin!
I'm sure it'll be awhile as I collect parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
That's freakin awesome man. Nice work.

So much better than the last IMO.

Now you just have to do something about the hood
What's wrong with the hood?
Old 05-11-2013, 11:15 AM   #33832
Your Unique, Just Like Everyone Else
TacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
TacoBran's Tacoma Gallery
Nice @45acp I like watching progress on your truck!
Old 05-11-2013, 12:27 PM   #33833
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
How madjik gets such good mpg is a dam mystery, it's like his truck is part prius.
You also have to remember my suspension has 165,000 miles on it.

I'm sure my truck is gaining some sort of aerodynamic advantage.

Quote:

And so it begins...
Old 05-11-2013, 12:46 PM   #33834
Yotaman42 is on a distinguished road
Name: Rodney
Yotaman42's Tacoma Gallery
98 Tacoma

Today i installed some KC slimlite driving lights on my push bar! What do you all think?
Attached Thumbnails
What have you done to your Tacoma today? 1st Gen Edition-20130509_182312.jpg  
Old 05-11-2013, 01:30 PM   #33835
losers101 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandan
losers101's Tacoma Gallery
Only two more people needed for the ultra gauge grop buy!!!
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...-official.html
Old 05-11-2013, 02:23 PM   #33836

45acp's Tacoma Gallery

Old 05-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #33838
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Old 05-11-2013, 02:56 PM   #33839
wtf am i reading
Razgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Razgriz's Tacoma Gallery
now thats an axle
Old 05-11-2013, 03:56 PM   #33840
Your Unique, Just Like Everyone Else
TacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
TacoBran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Is the plan links or leafs?

Products Discussed in this Thread