Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What have you done to your Tacoma today? 1st Gen Edition

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-25-2013, 08:38 PM   #40521
06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 12 n msarng
Name: Matt
06texasedition's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tls01taco View Post
I read how to fix the squeaky clutch.. But it still squeaks. Guess ill have to take it apart.
Mine has been squeaking for 3 years u get use to it
Old 08-25-2013, 08:41 PM   #40522
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah but what he is getting at WD40(water displacement formula 40) is not an oil. its in large parts solvents that evaporate...i use Dupont teflon lube on a lot of stuff now including motorcycle chains instead of chain wax its is dry and doesnt sling everywhere
Old 08-26-2013, 03:02 AM   #40523
porchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
porchop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcmahan2206 View Post
What do ya got?!?

I'm thinkin of going with this:
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/p300-12
But I gotta sell my 2 8" RFs that are built to be installed in the storage area in the back on the passengers side of a 1st gen.

I dono... it has been doing this "popping" sound that made me think it was going to go soon anyway. Stupid MTX 10"! Now I get to go sound system shopping again!
It's an alpine type r 12inch in a ported box just throw me an offer if your interested
Old 08-26-2013, 04:14 AM   #40524
06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I think the motor in my driver side window is goin out I go to roll window up n sometimes I have to do it several times to get it up. Can anybody tell me
Old 08-26-2013, 04:50 AM   #40525
SteveT is on a distinguished road

Army: Retired Medic
Name: Steve
SteveT's Tacoma Gallery
this weekend got rid of those crappy wheels/tires the previous owner had on and got some new ones. Ride quality just improved 100% because one (maybe more) of the old POS American racing (pure crap) wheels was out of balance and they were all rusting out plus had a bad stretch tire on there (235/75R16) they looked like ballons, lol. Got the Level 8 Trackers w/265-70R16 and Hankook Dynapro RF10 tires.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:19 AM   #40526
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ponethousand's Tacoma Gallery
Installed the tool box I picked up to run with the bed rack. I'll run this set up when I go wheeling on some tight terrain. I'll run the camper shell on expedition stuff

Old 08-26-2013, 05:34 AM   #40527
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4x4 View Post
I think the motor in my driver side window is goin out I go to roll window up n sometimes I have to do it several times to get it up. Can anybody tell me
It's more than likely that the switch contacts are extremely dirty.

I had the same problem trying to roll my window up. Down wasn't a problem, just up.

Take out the master switch assembly, use electric contact cleaner and clean up all the contacts. Works like a charm now. The driver's side window contacts are the four (two per side) thin copper blades that are coated in black in the first picture. Not much clean contact area = no signal to the motor.

Before:

After:
Old 08-26-2013, 07:29 AM   #40528
BigBoi is on a distinguished road
Name: Jacob
BigBoi's Tacoma Gallery
I had problems with the contacts in my driver side switch. Ordered that whole switch panel from Switchdoctor.com for $27. New one works amazing.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:33 AM   #40529

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post

I had the same problem trying to roll my window up. Down wasn't a problem, just up.

Take out the master switch assembly, use electric contact cleaner and clean up all the contacts. Works like a charm now. The driver's side window contacts are the four (two per side) thin copper blades that are coated in black in the first picture. Not much clean contact area = no signal to the motor.

Before:

After:
Yea no problem goin down. How do I remove the assembly
Old 08-26-2013, 07:38 AM   #40530
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post

Before:

After:
Master of the fix in a spray can strikes again .

Good to know, I am sure this will happen to all of us eventually.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:54 AM   #40531
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4x4 View Post
Yea no problem goin down. How do I remove the assembly
IIRC, you just gently pry off the trim piece on the armrest (where the switches are situated)

Unplug the wire harnesses feeding into the switches and pull out the assembly.

It's super simple but I can't remember exactly how it came out because I was tearing my entire interior apart.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:24 AM   #40532
BigBoi is on a distinguished road
Name: Jacob
BigBoi's Tacoma Gallery
VERY GENTLY take a flathead screw driver and pop up on it. It has two tabs the lock it down. I say GENTLY because I broke one of the little tabs. Its still secure though.

Has one plug on the back. Super simple.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:25 AM   #40533
N7MCS
Chipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31R, HHB, 2/43 ADA Battalian, 108th ADA Brigade, XVIII Airborne Corps
Name: Chip
Chipskip's Tacoma Gallery
Yesterday I started to replace an oil seal in my R&P, but I ran out of air half way through taking it off. Oh, the problems of using CO2 instead of an air compressor. Guess I get to back up and try again next weekend.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:05 AM   #40534
tired
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponethousand View Post
Installed the tool box I picked up to run with the bed rack. I'll run this set up when I go wheeling on some tight terrain. I'll run the camper shell on expedition stuff

Nice. We've got the same idea. My shell comes back off this week for some mods to my bedrack before another trip. Love having the different options with the rack/shell etc.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:58 AM   #40535
TIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TIPICOTACO's Tacoma Gallery
did a bit of wheeling yesterday afternoon into the evening. gave the springs a good stretch, kicked around a little mud, and dented/scratched my factory skid to all hell, might as well be tin foil down there!!

decided to take a few shots of my sorry ass light set-up too..

parking lights only

parking and lows

parking/low/fogs

parking/highs/fogs
Old 08-26-2013, 11:18 AM   #40536
RyanC is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
RyanC's Tacoma Gallery
Passed state emissions!! 224,761 miles..finally broken in a little bit!
Old 08-26-2013, 12:20 PM   #40537
I doughnut belong here.
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
Just realized why ive almost been maxing out my mobile data. Montes build lol so many photos
Old 08-26-2013, 12:37 PM   #40538
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Wheeled it this past weekend

Old 08-26-2013, 01:02 PM   #40539
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipreferwater View Post
Just realized why ive almost been maxing out my mobile data. Montes build lol so many photos

but not really lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post

this looks like this kind of situation went down:

"hey jason"

"yea?"

"you have long travel right?"

"yea"

"how fast can you go up those boulders?"

"lets find out"

in my head anyways. cool photo!
Old 08-26-2013, 01:23 PM   #40540
curmudgeon
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Timmy
TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post

Is that seriously your license plate

That is so awesome

Products Discussed in this Thread