Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What have you done to your Tacoma today? 1st Gen Edition

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-27-2013, 07:32 PM   #42401
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42boxer View Post
Would that also mean different calipers?
why don't you just get the right rotors?
Old 09-27-2013, 07:37 PM   #42402
42boxer is on a distinguished road

Marines: 6114 HMLA 773
Name: Brannon
42boxer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
why don't you just get the right rotors?

I don't need new ones. My dad is upgrading his rotors and pads for towing so I wanted to see if I could take advantage of his old stuff since its basically new
Old 09-27-2013, 07:39 PM   #42403
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42boxer View Post
I don't need new ones. My dad is upgrading his rotors and pads for towing so I wanted to see if I could take advantage of his old stuff since its basically new
I am pretty sure 2nd gen calipers are on the rear of the spindle, 1st gens are on the front of the spindle. Doubt it would work
Old 09-27-2013, 07:41 PM   #42404
42boxer is on a distinguished road

Marines: 6114 HMLA 773
Name: Brannon
42boxer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
I am pretty sure 2nd gen calipers are on the rear of the spindle, 1st gens are on the front of the spindle. Doubt it would work
Yeah. Worth a thought
Old 09-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #42405
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribull View Post
Let's see, what did I do to mine today...oh yeah, bought it! Woo Hoo!!

I am the proud new owner of this '03 DC 4x4! Exactly what I wanted! One of the cleanest engine bays that I've seen on a truck this old. If you look in the top right hand corner of the engine pic you'll notice that the previous owner had a set of lights wired up already. So I've already got that party done!

What is that lever on the steering column? Not the signal. The rectangular one
Old 09-27-2013, 08:27 PM   #42406
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMABOSS View Post
What is that lever on the steering column? Not the signal. The rectangular one
Cruise control, seems that this type is an aftermarket unit added at the dealership, mine is just like it, but others are different all together.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:33 PM   #42407
DblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblCabMN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DblCabMN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePearlShark99 View Post
anybody know a good place to order new bushings for stock lca, wheel bearings, and a/c clutch?
Contact Jorge at Camelback Toyota for the bushings, i bought a set in August. I'm sure he'll be able to get the other parts as well.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:12 PM   #42409
552Jrider will become famous soon enough

Name: Jeremy
552Jrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO TX View Post
Cruise control, seems that this type is an aftermarket unit added at the dealership, mine is just like it, but others are different all together.
that doesn't look right. looks out of place
Old 09-27-2013, 10:30 PM   #42411
552Jrider will become famous soon enough

Name: Jeremy
552Jrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Aftermarket is the keyword in that sentence you just quoted.
yea. seems like they could have used a round one instead of a square one.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:31 PM   #42412
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Why is it so huge though?

Also I love how toyota reuses old technology in there new vehicles. The cruise control in the 2013 Prius C is the same little lever and button design that mine is.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:20 AM   #42413
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePearlShark99 View Post
anybody know a good place to order new bushings for stock lca, wheel bearings, and a/c clutch?
Got my wheel bearings from camelback toyota on here
Old 09-28-2013, 04:44 AM   #42414
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco terror View Post

Also I love how toyota reuses old technology in there new vehicles. The cruise control in the 2013 Prius C is the same little lever and button design that mine is.
Really, i hate mine. I never even use it, it only works part of the time.
Old 09-28-2013, 05:13 AM   #42415
Only women shave beneath the neck.
Tribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Tribull's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Bingo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 552Jrider View Post
that doesn't look right. looks out of place
I agree! It is weird getting used to. On the way home I kept reaching for the same 'ole spot. I think they could've come up with something better. Maybe I can move it somehow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco terror View Post
Because the switches are inside of that "arm," and not inside the wheel like a factory cruise control. It's completely stationary with a small button on the top and bottom to set/coast or resume/accelarate, instead of pushing the lever down or up to function.

Quote:
Really, i hate mine. I never even use it, it only works part of the time.
From what I can tell mine worked fine. I drove it an hour and a half home from the dealership and I didn't have any problems with it, other than the odd mounting location. Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself...
Old 09-28-2013, 05:47 AM   #42416

TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Mine works, just sometimes it wont set. Other times it sets first time. Idk i dont really ever use it so it doesnt bother me either way. I like my foot on the skinny pedal!
Old 09-28-2013, 07:15 AM   #42417
marinetanker504 is on a distinguished road

Marines: 1812 Tank Crewman
Name: Daniel
marinetanker504's Tacoma Gallery
Washed him with some help!!

Old 09-28-2013, 09:12 AM   #42418
cynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cynicalrider's Tacoma Gallery
That's a fancy new 1st gen you got there.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:15 AM   #42419
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalrider View Post
It's just modded to look like one
Old 09-28-2013, 09:20 AM   #42420

TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalrider View Post
I thought about it, but i figured id let somebody else say it since he's a noob.

Nice second gen though Marine!

Products Discussed in this Thread