Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What have you done to your Tacoma today? 1st Gen Edition

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-12-2013, 09:14 AM   #43081
Gear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
Gear Head's Tacoma Gallery
Got the first piece cut out. Cut the tranny hump a little big but this is a scrap piece so I'll redo it. Matches the contour of the floor perfect! Need to rip 3/4" off the top so I can lay the top on top of the front and sides so it will be stronger

I also tried drilling out the factory spot welds that hold the jack mount in and beat the shit out of it with a hammer and it didn't budge. Prolly just going to cut the end off and beat the sides flat.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:30 AM   #43082
stikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
stikle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleCoug View Post
Does Les Schwab have this lifetime alignment dealio, or just Firestone?
I don't believe Schwab offers it, but it's worth a call to find out.

And this wasn't my idea, but loved Portal 1 & 2, so...

Old 10-12-2013, 09:54 AM   #43083
Only women shave beneath the neck.
Tribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Tribull's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear Head View Post
Got the first piece cut out. Cut the tranny hump a little big but this is a scrap piece so I'll redo it. Matches the contour of the floor perfect! Need to rip 3/4" off the top so I can lay the top on top of the front and sides so it will be stronger

I also tried drilling out the factory spot welds that hold the jack mount in and beat the shit out of it with a hammer and it didn't budge. Prolly just going to cut the end off and beat the sides flat.
Sweet!!
Old 10-12-2013, 12:37 PM   #43084
HBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Allen
HBtaco02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Nice. What size of tubing did you use and which shock mounts??
Thanks..
1-1/2"X 1.25 DOM TUBING. Custom made the mounts from 3/16" plate. Boxed the frame with 3/16" plate also
Old 10-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #43086
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco terror View Post
I know how that shit gets everywhere when you go deep.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:09 PM   #43087
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
^ hahahaha I love when that Mr. Bean picture is used
Old 10-12-2013, 05:14 PM   #43088
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Drove it back home from Idaho, got 22mpg!
Old 10-12-2013, 05:17 PM   #43089
bayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
bayareataco's Tacoma Gallery
Not a fan of mud either, so much to clean.

Painted my flares today/yesterday with rattle can bedliner, it's not meant to be a permanent solution. I was really tired of the faded grey so this will do until I can have them line-x'd

Old 10-12-2013, 05:30 PM   #43091
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
I use that dupilcolor stuff all the time. Works great.
X2 and the cans pretty good sized too
Old 10-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #43092
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
I got adventurous in my parking today:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...ml#post7559289
Old 10-12-2013, 06:40 PM   #43093
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Old 10-12-2013, 06:46 PM   #43094
curmudgeon
Pliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: they call me Bruce
Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayareataco View Post
Not a fan of mud either, so much to clean.

Painted my flares today/yesterday with rattle can bedliner, it's not meant to be a permanent solution. I was really tired of the faded grey so this will do until I can have them line-x'd
Sweet. After finishing my sliders with the rustoleum equivalent, I've been thinking about doing my flares too... Curious how it'll hold up on the plastic though. Did you use a plastic primer?
Old 10-12-2013, 06:52 PM   #43095
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
Sweet. After finishing my sliders with the rustoleum equivalent, I've been thinking about doing my flares too... Curious how it'll hold up on the plastic though. Did you use a plastic primer?
Sprayed mine with Rustoleum Bedliner and they've held up great.

All I did was clean them up with acetone and spray 1 light coat, 2 heavy coats, and then one more light coat to even it out. I really like how it's hard to screw up painting with bedliner haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Finished up bedlining my flares today...

Old 10-12-2013, 06:54 PM   #43096
curmudgeon
Pliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

All I did was clean them up with acetone and spray 1 light coat, 2 heavy coats, and then one more light coat to even it out. I really like how it's hard to screw up painting with bedliner haha
Yeah I love the stuff. My sliders actually look like I know what I'm doing (I don't).

How long ago did you spray brent? And you didn't sand before paint?
Old 10-12-2013, 06:59 PM   #43097
bayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbayareataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I used a 3m adhesion promoter in a rattle can, super easy. I started with 120grit sandpaper, way to rough, I didn't expect them to scuff up so easy. I ended up doing a little more work and used 220. Than I did what PcBuilder did below.
Quote:

All my rubber seals were falling off the flares, were yours? After I painted them I used some gorilla glue to put them back on the flares
Old 10-12-2013, 07:01 PM   #43098
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah I love the stuff. My sliders actually look like I know what I'm doing (I don't).

How long ago did you spray brent? And you didn't sand before paint?
Haha x2! I'm too impatient for real paint! My mesh is the first time that the paint came out perfect!

Sprayed them once back in April with very light coats because it was too windy and I didn't take them off of the truck. It held up okay, but the inside of the flares where the tires kick up debris was worn off.

Took them off and did it the right way in the beginning of June and they have held up awesome! I sanded one, but my sandpaper wasn't fine enough so it just scratched it up. So the other three I just cleaned without sanding.

The only parts that have worn off is on the back flares on the inside where my tires rub against them when stuffed. Nothing will hold up to that though. And it hasn't slowly spread by chipping either.

Here's what they look like after over 4 months of being on there. Not faded at all really. I just spray them with detail spray and rub it in really good with a rag. Easiest way to clean them up in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayareataco View Post
All my rubber seals were falling off the flares, were yours? After I painted them I used some gorilla glue to put them back on the flares
That was why I didn't want to remove mine from the truck, but my seals came off perfectly with the flares.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:08 PM   #43099
curmudgeon

Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the insight
Old 10-12-2013, 07:28 PM   #43100

[QUOTE=PcBuilder14;7559432
That was why I didn't want to remove mine from the truck, but my seals came off perfectly with the flares.[/QUOTE]

Lucky, it was such a pain haha.

Products Discussed in this Thread