Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What have you done to your Tacoma today? 1st Gen Edition

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-11-2013, 08:45 PM   #43081
F*ck you Brent
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR motard View Post
bet you guys never heard of the factory boat conversion mod

WELL. sun visor 4x4 notes did not mention that. hah
4lo is where you wanna be for mud haha it's all good though
Old 10-11-2013, 09:40 PM   #43082
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
When all else fails 4lo your way out
Old 10-11-2013, 09:41 PM   #43083
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
did you check that hole before diving in?
Old 10-11-2013, 09:43 PM   #43084
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaOverAll View Post
4hi is for sand
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaOverAll View Post
4lo is where you wanna be for mud haha it's all good though
Says the prerunner

I honestly never use 4hi except for when I have driven in snow on the highway.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #43085
JR motard is on a distinguished road
JR motard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennett707 View Post
did you check that hole before diving in?
i did, it couldnt have been deeper than 1.5ft. Checked with the shovel i had. buuut i guess with the weight of the truck and the super squishy mud/leaf mix at the bottom, i just sank in and wasnt going anywhere. was actually more worried about hydrolocking the motor over getting out at that point.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:09 PM   #43086
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR motard View Post
Got a LITTLE carried away... may have overestimated my truck's abilities...

Now i get to smell the lovely scent of stale mud and dirty water for the next few weeks till i can steam clean it all out real good.

luckily i stopped before the intake box or exhaust got below the water
After my friend and i spent a good hour chopping wood and shoveling dirt while waiting on help,had a buddy with a land rover pull me out.
[/URL]
[/URL]
Damn, thats one thing I will never do, I like my clean ass interior and don't want mud inside of my frame.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:10 PM   #43087
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco terror View Post
Damn, thats one thing I will never do, I like my clean ass interior and don't want mud inside of my frame.
I said the same thing about my 03...

Old 10-11-2013, 10:19 PM   #43088
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
I said the same thing about my 03...

He's scared to get his truck muddy
Old 10-11-2013, 10:24 PM   #43089
curmudgeon
Pliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: they call me Bruce
Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Because you are on stock gears and 33's
Old 10-11-2013, 10:35 PM   #43090
curmudgeon
Pliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: they call me Bruce
Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
Got my sliders welded on today by DTF
Old 10-11-2013, 10:40 PM   #43091

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
Because you are on stock gears and 33's
All I hear is
Old 10-11-2013, 11:04 PM   #43092
F*ck you Brent
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Says the prerunner

Just cause my truck is 2wd doesn't mean I don't know how to use 4wd
Old 10-11-2013, 11:32 PM   #43093
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellassaiw10 View Post
He's scared to get his truck muddy
Haha no, I don't like deep mud. Considering I have low mileage, I don't want my frame to rust out.

I know how that shit gets everywhere when you go deep. I loved mud bogging on my atv, but that was a nightmare when I cleaned it up to sell it.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:35 PM   #43094
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Put some real AT's on it, and flexed it.

Old 10-12-2013, 05:45 AM   #43095
VeeSix is on a distinguished road

Army: 3rd US Infantry, 1983 - 87
Name: Ryan
VeeSix's Tacoma Gallery
New battery - went with Costco/Kirkland because of the warranty. Also, replaced the broken rear window kick-out cams with aluminum replacements.

I brought this truck (2003 Xcab 4X4 TRD) home from the stealership 3 weeks ago and have put nearly $4000 into it to baseline it and get it back into solid reliable condition. At least they sold it to me cheap. It was a very neglected (but not abused) truck, I don't know if they would have put any serious money into it to bring it back into shape - probably would have auctioned it off cheap and it would have wound up crawling rocks for a few months until it blew up. Like saving a good dog from the pound - makes you feel good inside.
Old 10-12-2013, 06:48 AM   #43096
HBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Allen
HBtaco02's Tacoma Gallery
Finished up rear shock install and bump stops. Used my forklift to flex it.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:13 AM   #43097
stikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
stikle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robby655 View Post
i need an alignment anyway which is about $80 bucks...
If you have one in your area, consider Firestone. Lifetime alignment is like $180 or so.
  • Bought the truck, bought the Lifetime alignment and had it aligned.
  • New wheels and tires, had it aligned.
  • New suspension, had it aligned.
  • Steering wheel went off center, had it aligned.
  • New CV boots, had it aligned.
  • Steering wheel went off center again, had it aligned.

That was just in the last 15 months or so. Add up how many one-off alignments that would have cost...

I'm not sure what's up with the steering wheel just randomly going off center, but they correct that while doing the alignment.

Make a bonehead move and stuff your wheel hard into a curb when you are parking, have it checked. Hit something in the road, have it checked. The wind blows a different direction one day, have it checked just because you can.

I've had lifetime alignment on my Honda for the last 13 years and my Corolla before that. If nothing else, have your oil changed there and have them do an alignment at the same time. That way you don't forget it.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:23 AM   #43098
DHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to behold

DHwreckage's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stikle View Post
If you have one in your area, consider Firestone. Lifetime alignment is like $180 or so.
  • Bought the truck, bought the Lifetime alignment and had it aligned.
  • New wheels and tires, had it aligned.
  • New suspension, had it aligned.
  • Steering wheel went off center, had it aligned.
  • New CV boots, had it aligned.
  • Steering wheel went off center again, had it aligned.

That was just in the last 15 months or so. Add up how many one-off alignments that would have cost...

I'm not sure what's up with the steering wheel just randomly going off center, but they correct that while doing the alignment.

Make a bonehead move and stuff your wheel hard into a curb when you are parking, have it checked. Hit something in the road, have it checked. The wind blows a different direction one day, have it checked just because you can.

I've had lifetime alignment on my Honda for the last 13 years and my Corolla before that. If nothing else, have your oil changed there and have them do an alignment at the same time. That way you don't forget it.
Just to add to the benfit of the lifetime alignment i get mine aligned after everytime i go wheeling hard
Old 10-12-2013, 08:44 AM   #43099
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0352
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Does Les Schwab have this lifetime alignment dealio, or just Firestone?

Products Discussed in this Thread