Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What have you done to your Tacoma today? 1st Gen Edition

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-01-2013, 07:15 PM   #44181
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
make sure to wax them to help protect from UV rays
Old 11-01-2013, 07:32 PM   #44182
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone here have an opinion on Hawk HPS vs. LTS pads? They are both about the same price. I'm leaning toward LTS. Or is there something better I should get? I'm going to do stainless braided lines at the same time I think.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:44 PM   #44183
CohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
CohbsTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmodel65 View Post
make sure to wax them to help protect from UV rays
I hope u we're talking to me,

What kind of wax are you talking??
Old 11-01-2013, 08:01 PM   #44184
vette6991 will become famous soon enough

vette6991's Tacoma Gallery
Got n an accident
Old 11-01-2013, 08:02 PM   #44185
wtf am i reading
Razgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Razgriz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vette6991 View Post
Got n an accident
pics
Old 11-01-2013, 08:12 PM   #44186
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dcpsychobilly's Tacoma Gallery

Old 11-01-2013, 08:13 PM   #44187

Don't have any pics the lady was going crazy and the cops told me to leave
Old 11-01-2013, 08:32 PM   #44188
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

How did it happen ^^?
Old 11-01-2013, 08:42 PM   #44189

I was turning at an intersection and she was going straight and Ididn't see her because she didn't have her lights on
Old 11-01-2013, 09:10 PM   #44190
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
got my new cvs from cvj, anyone know if oem differs this much?

When sitting the new ones are about an inch shorter then my originals. They can pull out or push in, is this normal?

Basically I'm wondering if they sent OEM and if they are correct for tacomas.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #44191
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CohbsTaco View Post
I hope u we're talking to me,

What kind of wax are you talking??

yes you any kind of wax the UVs break down the clear on the headlights wax helps protect them. just use whatever you have lying around you use on the truck
Old 11-01-2013, 09:54 PM   #44192
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:
I was turning at an intersection and she was going straight and Ididn't see her because she didn't have her lights on
Who got the fault? Sux, hows the truck?
Old 11-01-2013, 09:58 PM   #44193
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
Anyone here have an opinion on Hawk HPS vs. LTS pads? They are both about the same price. I'm leaning toward LTS. Or is there something better I should get? I'm going to do stainless braided lines at the same time I think.
I went with the LTS when I did Pads and rotors last fall. No complaints here. Not much different than whatever was on there before, except no more warped rotors.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:06 PM   #44194

Quote:
So it was at night?
I see many idiots lately at night driving with no lights on there so stupid
Old 11-01-2013, 10:08 PM   #44195
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorb View Post
got my new cvs from cvj, anyone know if oem differs this much?

When sitting the new ones are about an inch shorter then my originals. They can pull out or push in, is this normal?

Basically I'm wondering if they sent OEM and if they are correct for tacomas.
Those don't look at all like OEM. Even the crappy aftermarket CVs I've seen look more like OEM. Could they be for the pre-taco?

Here's one of my OEM (minus the dust seal) next to a GSP brand axle.

The push/pull you mentioned is normal, it's just dislocated when pulled like that. Obviously not supposed to work that way though haha
Old 11-01-2013, 10:16 PM   #44196
Redneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Redneck92's Tacoma Gallery
Those are not pre taco cv's the hub side had a more sa type end since that gen ifs had similar spindles/hubs to the sa. Whatever they are they look weak, never seen that kind of a neck down in the middle of a cv like that.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:23 PM   #44197
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
CVJ's should be OEM. Give them a call.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:32 PM   #44198
cmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shed
cmj's Tacoma Gallery
Valve adjustment today

Old 11-01-2013, 11:52 PM   #44199
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
Those don't look at all like OEM. Even the crappy aftermarket CVs I've seen look more like OEM. Could they be for the pre-taco?

Here's one of my OEM (minus the dust seal) next to a GSP brand axle.

The push/pull you mentioned is normal, it's just dislocated when pulled like that. Obviously not supposed to work that way though haha
I thought they looked weird when I got them but this is the first time I've pulled them so I wasn't sure, until I pulled them and immediately could tell they were different. I figured I had dislocated it or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck92 View Post
Those are not pre taco cv's the hub side had a more sa type end since that gen ifs had similar spindles/hubs to the sa. Whatever they are they look weak, never seen that kind of a neck down in the middle of a cv like that.
At first I thought they were thinner, I don't have my calipers at home so had to use the tape, looked to be only 1/16 smaller, diameter of the CVJ is about 1-1/4 and tapers to about 15/16 where as my OEM is an inch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndrew View Post
CVJ's should be OEM. Give them a call.
Thats what they say and the reason I spent the extra $ for them rather then napa/oreilys. I doubt they are in tomorrow, and I need these in ASAP. I'm going on a trip next week, which is why I went with them cause I didn't have time to go to pick n pull, re build and install. I understand mistakes are made, hope they make it right.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:54 PM   #44200

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Oh and Mr. .45 you need to get back to work blackdawg aint gonna be happy with you wasting time on me

Products Discussed in this Thread