Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What have you done to your Tacoma today? 1st Gen Edition

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-12-2014, 08:14 PM   #48661
Probably should'nt have done that.
4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
4banger4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
What do you know about cold? Haha
is 50 in florida today! and getting down into the 30s this week. what do you know about cold!?
Old 01-12-2014, 08:17 PM   #48662
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by seedless024 View Post
they are called battle wounds man! not cuts and bruises... builds character!
Haha well considering I kind of need to be able to use my hands for my job, I'm a little more careful than I used to be
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4banger4x4 View Post
is 50 in florida today! and getting down into the 30s this week. what do you know about cold!?
The coldest it's supposed to get there is 38 on Thursday
Old 01-12-2014, 08:20 PM   #48663
seedless024 has a brilliant futureseedless024 has a brilliant futureseedless024 has a brilliant futureseedless024 has a brilliant futureseedless024 has a brilliant futureseedless024 has a brilliant futureseedless024 has a brilliant futureseedless024 has a brilliant futureseedless024 has a brilliant futureseedless024 has a brilliant futureseedless024 has a brilliant future

Name: norman
seedless024's Tacoma Gallery
cuts and bruises dont disable your hands tho.

course i dunno what you do for work but still. a cut on my hand doesnt disable me
Old 01-12-2014, 08:21 PM   #48664
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by seedless024 View Post
cuts and bruises dont disable your hands tho.

course i dunno what you do for work but still. a cut on my hand doesnt disable me
You must have never cut your hand pretty good before then haha
Old 01-12-2014, 08:22 PM   #48665
F*ck you Brent
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What do you know about cold? Haha
It was like 4 degrees one night last week
Old 01-12-2014, 08:23 PM   #48666
F*ck you Brent
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
You must have never cut your hand pretty good before then haha
I've ran a grinder across my hand one time. Not fun but it healed just fine
Old 01-12-2014, 08:24 PM   #48667
MatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
MatthewMay1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaOverAll View Post
That doesn't sound fun
Old 01-12-2014, 08:27 PM   #48669
F*ck you Brent

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
its amazing how much skin gets taken off from nicking your hand just a bit! just wearing basic gloves has saved my hands so much!!
No kidding! I usually try to get somebody else to do the grinding if I can now
Old 01-12-2014, 08:38 PM   #48670
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Occassionally I put on fingerless gloves.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:39 PM   #48671
4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Haha well considering I kind of need to be able to use my hands for my job, I'm a little more careful than I used to be

The coldest it's supposed to get there is 38 on Thursday
low of 36 wednesday night/thursday morning. cold enough for me
Old 01-12-2014, 08:41 PM   #48672

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaOverAll View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
its amazing how much skin gets taken off from nicking your hand just a bit! just wearing basic gloves has saved my hands so much!!
Ive grinded my thumb before, just hit it with a 60 grit sanding disk and it went right through my tig gloves and grinded a flat spot on my thumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Occassionally I put on fingerless gloves.
not a bad idea to just cut the finger tips of a few fingers
Old 01-12-2014, 08:44 PM   #48673
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe fab up a pair of these:

sometimes I get dishpan hands from scrubbing pots and pans...
Old 01-12-2014, 08:47 PM   #48674
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Speaking of not wearing gloves...

Had my knuckles skid across the underside of my cab trying to unbolt the body mounts
Old 01-12-2014, 08:57 PM   #48675
cmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
cmj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4banger4x4 View Post
Ive grinded my thumb before, just hit it with a 60 grit sanding disk and it went right through my tig gloves and grinded a flat spot on my thumb.

not a bad idea to just cut the finger tips of a few fingers
Lol. Last week I unintentionally tested the cut off disk on my finger. Its pretty good at cutting flesh.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:59 PM   #48676
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Is option #2 something an idiot like me can install?
I am sure kit #2 would be easy enough to install. To be honest all three would be pretty basic for an entry-level wrench turner.

Quote:
My issue is gloves. I really need to start wearing gloves when wrenching so I don't keep cutting, bruising, or getting blood blisters on my hands haha
While I have more battle scars than you can count, I do tend to wear nitrile gloves whenever I can. You don't lose much of the touch at all, and while they don't keep you protected from heavy cuts, they DO tend to prevent the more common scratches and abrasions. Plus they keep my hands clean. When a customer walks into my shop I like the ability to just strip off the gloves and give them a proper hand shake, without the worry of them getting grease on their hands.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:05 PM   #48677
2stroketrush will become famous soon enough

EMS:
Name: Tyler
2stroketrush's Tacoma Gallery

Relentless Fab bed bar, Hella 55's, 3 Foot Firestik Cb Antenna!
Old 01-12-2014, 09:05 PM   #48678
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My issue is gloves. I really need to start wearing gloves when wrenching so I don't keep cutting, bruising, or getting blood blisters on my hands haha
I hate wearing gloves. Had too all the time up in Alaska. Required. Freaking blows.

I like being able to really feel stuff. My hands a scared like crazy but I don't mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
I am sure kit #2 would be easy enough to install. To be honest all three would be pretty basic for an entry-level wrench turner.

While I have more battle scars than you can count, I do tend to wear nitrile gloves whenever I can. You don't lose much of the touch at all, and while they don't keep you protected from heavy cuts, they DO tend to prevent the more common scratches and abrasions. Plus they keep my hands clean. When a customer walks into my shop I like the ability to just strip off the gloves and give them a proper hand shake, without the worry of them getting grease on their hands.
Just to clarify...since we were talking about this a bit ago and all..

Did that alternator you found fit 5vzfes? Thought it was only direct bolt in for 3rzfes...
Old 01-12-2014, 09:23 PM   #48679

Heres my grinder damage
What have you done to your Tacoma today? 1st Gen Edition-uploadfromtaptalk1389590560616.jpgWhat have you done to your Tacoma today? 1st Gen Edition-uploadfromtaptalk1389590582275.jpg

Products Discussed in this Thread