Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What have you done to your Tacoma today? 1st Gen Edition

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-18-2014, 09:13 PM   #55841
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ponethousand's Tacoma Gallery

Still have to point them down

Wired the switches up
Old 04-18-2014, 09:15 PM   #55842
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
New gas tank skid prototype. It's a beast.

I'm interested. Let me know when it's on sale
Old 04-18-2014, 10:00 PM   #55843
Probably should'nt have done that.
4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
4banger4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSC15 View Post
I don't guess. What's instructions
Go easy on them for the first 50-100 miles and then go normal for 100-500 miles and then when yoh hit 500 miles go from 60mph down to 20mph as quick and safe as possible 5 times. Im sure you can google ebc break in
Old 04-18-2014, 10:14 PM   #55844
LSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant future

Name: Logan
LSC15's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4banger4x4 View Post
Go easy on them for the first 50-100 miles and then go normal for 100-500 miles and then when yoh hit 500 miles go from 60mph down to 20mph as quick and safe as possible 5 times. Im sure you can google ebc break in
Ok thanks. Have you done it yet?
Old 04-18-2014, 10:16 PM   #55845
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
New gas tank skid prototype. It's a beast.

Well f*ck me! Take my money and give me a discount since I'll be the first to buy
Old 04-18-2014, 10:25 PM   #55846
Probably should'nt have done that.
4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
4banger4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSC15 View Post
Ok thanks. Have you done it yet?
I did it on mine and I dont have any complaints about my setup. Ill be doing the 60-20 on my mothers van tomorrow.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:48 PM   #55847
Scenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud of

Name: Jay
Scenekyd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4banger4x4 View Post
I did it on mine and I dont have any complaints about my setup. Ill be doing the 60-20 on my mothers van tomorrow.
I will probably go with the EBC rotors. It may just be a seized caliper. I plan to do some investigating tomorrow. If it isn't pouring rain
Old 04-18-2014, 11:19 PM   #55848
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck92 View Post
Damn you, you're ring to make me spend money I don't have right now. How long till you think your diff skid will be ready.

The diff skid is a few weeks off or so since I didn't like the mounting system and am going a new direction. Waiting on parts and such now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponethousand View Post
I'm interested. Let me know when it's on sale

I will probably start a group buy tomorrow when I get the holes drilled and it is mounted. Otherwise everything fit as expected and it is good to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferny View Post
Well f*ck me! Take my money and give me a discount since I'll be the first to buy

Group buy pricing will be the best discount I can offer.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:48 AM   #55849

Quote:
The diff skid is a few weeks off or so since I didn't like the mounting system and am going a new direction. Waiting on parts and such now.

I will probably start a group buy tomorrow when I get the holes drilled and it is mounted. Otherwise everything fit as expected and it is good to go.

Group buy pricing will be the best discount I can offer.
Definitely in the market for one. Low range has one for our trucks for 199.00. With shipping it runs about 240. How will your price compare to this. Also theirs uses the existing holes to mount. How will yours?
Old 04-19-2014, 04:53 AM   #55850
felkebg is on a distinguished road
Army: 173rd Brigade, LZ Uplift, RVN
Name: Bill
felkebg's Tacoma Gallery
1994 4cyl,4X4 List of Initial Projects So Far

[X]Plug safety chain holes in back bumper
[ ]Install 12 v adapter wiring
[ ]Monitor Transfer case rear seal leak
[ ]Test trailer wiring connection
[X]Replace interior door handle
[ ]Monitor idle setting (erratic)
[X]Add AU insignia
[X]Add bench seat cup holder console
[X]Purchase extra gear oil and filler kit
[X]Get tire change kit together
[X]Get strapping and come-along in vehicle
[X]Test off road capability (Woo Hoo!)
[ ]Determine gas mileage
[ ]Get touch up paint and use
[X]Clean and paint rusty undercarriage parts and exhaust
[ ]Obtain shop manual
[X]Adjust clutch pedal
[X]Install windshield washer reservoir and motor
[X]Replace fuse box interior cover
[X]Get large tire fix a flat
[ ]Diagnose headlight switch issue
[X]Clean interior glass
[X]Paint non-body exterior surfaces that are showing bare metal
[ ]Maintain tire pressure at 26 front 29 psi rear cold
[X]Purchase tow bar with 2" ball with locking pin
[X]Place tow rope in truck
[X] Figure out how mud tires change actual speed on speedometer

Found this cool website that let's you look at the impact of several truck mods:

http://www.onlineconversion.com/bigger_tires.htm
Old 04-19-2014, 09:49 AM   #55853
travelfeet is on a distinguished road
Name: Andrew
travelfeet's Tacoma Gallery
Installed my keyless entry, with lots-o-help from Turp's writeup here:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ry-system.html
Old 04-19-2014, 10:11 AM   #55854
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Took a couple pictures. Still need to wash it from last weekend's adventure:

Old 04-19-2014, 10:30 AM   #55855
Gear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
Gear Head's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
Welded on creeper joints...realized my shackle angle was effed up, and cut the whole thing off to do it again
Hahahaha. You didn't think to tack it then set it on it's weight to check it? What shackle angle are you shooting for?
Old 04-19-2014, 10:40 AM   #55856
Redneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Redneck92's Tacoma Gallery
To me it's easier to set them with the leaf spring free from the axle and set the angle a little less than vertical. You'll get the best droop that way out of the springs.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:57 AM   #55857
HBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Allen
HBtaco02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponethousand View Post

Still have to point them down

Wired the switches up
They sell nice plugs for the switch plates holes you are not using
Old 04-19-2014, 10:59 AM   #55858
Gear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
Gear Head's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck92 View Post
To me it's easier to set them with the leaf spring free from the axle and set the angle a little less than vertical. You'll get the best droop that way out of the springs.
Yeah I guess you could do it that way. I plan on shooting for a 40* shackle angle at ride height.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:30 PM   #55859

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBtaco02 View Post
They sell nice plugs for the switch plates holes you are not using
I have them.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:54 PM   #55860
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Got the skid plate mounted. I'm happy with it. Only very minor tweaks that I would like to make. It even fits over the stock skid for ease of install.

It mounts to the cross member in front of the skid plate.

These 2 factory holes need drill thru the top with a 1/2" hole. The middle small hole is already a thru hole, but I'm not using it.

Products Discussed in this Thread