Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What have you done to your Tacoma today? 1st Gen Edition

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-14-2014, 07:08 AM   #59821
Sloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
with the stock exhaust route, you can expect that with all aftermarket leaf packs
mine were like that too, after installation- the shackles definately don't help either

solution:
grab the OME relocate bracket, chop it, or route it like this
Where's all the rust?
Old 06-14-2014, 07:13 AM   #59822
White Walker
gipsyfetus will become famous soon enough

gipsyfetus's Tacoma Gallery
OEM Black Rear

The oem chrome is gone.

...and installed.
Old 06-14-2014, 08:52 AM   #59823
Sloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
Dat gap
Old 06-14-2014, 08:53 AM   #59824
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Montague...

On the drive home last night from watching the moonrise, my driver's side headlight fell out of the top adjuster screw

Facking headlight was pointed straight down at the ground in front of me.

Trying to figure out a way to keep the headlight assembly tabs secured to the screw so that doesn't happen again.
I am trying to remember what the hell we did...

But damn that is not good..
Old 06-14-2014, 09:51 AM   #59825
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
I am trying to remember what the hell we did...

But damn that is not good..
These are the best pics I have.

The tab on top of the headlight assembly is what came off the adjuster screw. It's never happened before and I did just have my friend's shop change my valve covers. But have no idea why the headlight would get knocked off the screw because of it.

You can see the tab sitting in the notch on the adjuster screw here:

This is the passenger side, but you get the idea

Old 06-14-2014, 10:01 AM   #59827
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
That whole screw just...fell out????

Wtf?
No... the tab on top of the headlight mounting bracket dislodged itself from that notch on the adjuster screw.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:07 AM   #59829

Quote:
Oooooohhhhhh

Hmmm..

My first thought was to run a small... I mean tiny bead of automotive seam sealer across the top.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:18 AM   #59831

Yeah, I'll wait until after the lift is on and the headlights are properly adjusted.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:22 AM   #59833

Quote:
When's that finally happen?
When Jace gets a day off.

Which sounds like it might not be happening for awhile.

I could try to schedule a mod day at my house and have some peeps come over. I'd feed them my famous ribs, shower them with beer, give them bro hugs and do my Buffalo Bill dance for them.

But I don't think I'd get any takers.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:26 AM   #59834
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
When Jace gets a day off.

Which sounds like it might not be happening for awhile.

I could try to schedule a mod day at my house and have some peeps come over. I'd feed them my famous ribs, shower them with beer, give them bro hugs and do my Buffalo Bill dance for them.

But I don't think I'd get any takers.
You live in CO. there will be a few guys near you up for it I'm sure.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:30 AM   #59835
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
These are the best pics I have.

The tab on top of the headlight assembly is what came off the adjuster screw. It's never happened before and I did just have my friend's shop change my valve covers. But have no idea why the headlight would get knocked off the screw because of it.

You can see the tab sitting in the notch on the adjuster screw here:

This is the passenger side, but you get the idea

I see dirt!

Old 06-14-2014, 10:32 AM   #59836
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Did someone say ribs?
Old 06-14-2014, 10:34 AM   #59837

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffirg View Post
Did someone say ribs?
I must say, they're a masterpiece.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:46 AM   #59838
tired
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Sean, don't worry about your shackles. They'll definitely settle down. Here's a picture of mine right after I put the springs on with the same shackles. Yours are slightly more vertical than mine but that's because of the extra leaf. I didn't have the extra leaf at first. Cutting the tailpipe is a god idea. I ran the exhaust bracket for a while but it just kept getting in the way. Cutting was a simple solution and you never have to worry about it again.

And don't listen to mark, He's still chasing flex on his truck and my truck does just as good if not better than his with his garbage Chevy springs.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:09 AM   #59839
MD11Fr8Dog has a brilliant futureMD11Fr8Dog has a brilliant futureMD11Fr8Dog has a brilliant futureMD11Fr8Dog has a brilliant futureMD11Fr8Dog has a brilliant futureMD11Fr8Dog has a brilliant futureMD11Fr8Dog has a brilliant futureMD11Fr8Dog has a brilliant futureMD11Fr8Dog has a brilliant futureMD11Fr8Dog has a brilliant futureMD11Fr8Dog has a brilliant future

Name: Sean
MD11Fr8Dog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Sean, don't worry about your shackles. They'll definitely settle down. Here's a picture of mine right after I put the springs on with the same shackles. Yours are slightly more vertical than mine but that's because of the extra leaf. I didn't have the extra leaf at first. Cutting the tailpipe is a god idea. I ran the exhaust bracket for a while but it just kept getting in the way. Cutting was a simple solution and you never have to worry about it again.

And don't listen to mark, He's still chasing flex on his truck and my truck does just as good if not better than his with his garbage Chevy springs.

Thanks
Old 06-14-2014, 11:19 AM   #59840
johnboyTRD has a spectacular aura aboutjohnboyTRD has a spectacular aura about

Name: John
johnboyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I like keaks build, but I fear he went too tall. We'll see. Good dude too, he is a local.

Products Discussed in this Thread