Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What have you done to your Tacoma today? 1st Gen Edition

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-14-2014, 07:01 PM   #59821
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Grunt
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
Ya everytime I work on it I have to wear safety glasses do I don't get an eye full of rust. And ya, it's depressing. Those springs are only 9 months old.
Old 06-14-2014, 07:09 PM   #59822
muddedtaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Wesley
muddedtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleCoug View Post
!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-14-2014, 07:18 PM   #59823
Neverstaystock is a name known to allNeverstaystock is a name known to allNeverstaystock is a name known to allNeverstaystock is a name known to allNeverstaystock is a name known to allNeverstaystock is a name known to all
Neverstaystock's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboyTRD View Post
I would plan for more time than that.
Even if like I had a shop do it? I cannot install it myself and was trying to find a reasonable time. and this one place was saying like 7-10 hours for a professional shop to install it. Sound reasonable?
Old 06-14-2014, 07:26 PM   #59824
yf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yf19's Tacoma Gallery
What spring compressor has been used to take icons apart here?
Old 06-14-2014, 07:49 PM   #59825
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverstaystock View Post
Even if like I had a shop do it? I cannot install it myself and was trying to find a reasonable time. and this one place was saying like 7-10 hours for a professional shop to install it. Sound reasonable?
A shop will probably charge you about 5 hrs of labor at least. Try to haggle them down to 3 or 4. The average price range for what you want is around $600. Which would equate to roughly 6-7 hrs depending what the hourly rate is. So if you can get them down to $300-$400 that would be a good price from what I've seen.

Although a DIY job is always more fulfilling and saves $
Old 06-14-2014, 07:53 PM   #59826
Neverstaystock is a name known to allNeverstaystock is a name known to allNeverstaystock is a name known to allNeverstaystock is a name known to allNeverstaystock is a name known to allNeverstaystock is a name known to all
Neverstaystock's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainmoe02 View Post
A shop will probably charge you about 5 hrs of labor at least. Try to haggle them down to 3 or 4. The average price range for what you want is around $600. Which would equate to roughly 6-7 hrs depending what the hourly rate is. So if you can get them down to $300-$400 that would be a good price from what I've seen.

Although a DIY job is always more fulfilling and saves $
HONESTLY, I would absolutely love to do it myself... But have never done anything of this serious in nature, and do not want to fuck up my truck or do something wrong.
Old 06-14-2014, 08:25 PM   #59827
muddedtaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Wesley
muddedtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I put my cousins 33" mud king on the back just to do it and it was a mistake. As soon as I lowered the jack I fell in love, so now I am and pricing lifts, tires, and rims.
Old 06-14-2014, 08:30 PM   #59828
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
The shit I cleaned out of the local wheelin' spot today.

Makes me a sad panda.
Old 06-14-2014, 08:41 PM   #59829
Scenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud of

Name: Jay
Scenekyd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post

Makes me a sad panda.
Even the new tire and rim??
Old 06-14-2014, 08:45 PM   #59830
johnboyTRD has much to be proud ofjohnboyTRD has much to be proud ofjohnboyTRD has much to be proud ofjohnboyTRD has much to be proud ofjohnboyTRD has much to be proud ofjohnboyTRD has much to be proud ofjohnboyTRD has much to be proud ofjohnboyTRD has much to be proud ofjohnboyTRD has much to be proud of

Name: John
johnboyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverstaystock View Post

I am/was a noob auto mechanic and I wanna say it took about 8hrs with two of us. Note, my truck was prostine underneath, no stuck bolts etc. I only had hand tools too, so that might count for something.
Old 06-14-2014, 08:56 PM   #59831
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Makes me a sad panda.
good for u man. more people need to be like this and look out for our trails. props
Old 06-14-2014, 09:01 PM   #59832
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scenekyd View Post
Even the new tire and rim??
Yeah, amazing stroke of luck. I have to remember not to throw it in the dumpster with the rest of the stuff.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:02 PM   #59833
Scenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud of

Quote:
Yeah, amazing stroke of luck. I have to remember not to throw it in the dumpster with the rest of the stuff.
Yeah, don't do that. I mean if you don't want it you can ship it to me
Old 06-14-2014, 09:05 PM   #59834

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsoftoys View Post
good for u man. more people need to be like this and look out for our trails. props
Thanks. It actually makes me ill inside when I see this stuff sitting on the trail.

I actually get a giggle thinking that this is one area that nobody can argue Tacomas have over Jeeps. A nice big bed to pack trash out in.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:05 PM   #59835

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah, don't do that. I mean if you don't want it you can ship it to me
I'll ship it with the rest of the stuff in the bed.

Reminds me, I need to go visit the dumpster.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:07 PM   #59836

Quote:
I'll ship it with the rest of the stuff in the bed.
Perfect, that TV will fit great in my living room
Old 06-14-2014, 09:12 PM   #59837

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Perfect, that TV will fit great in my living room
Old 06-14-2014, 09:19 PM   #59838

Got my SOS Concepts bed rack, now gotta wait for my RTT, the second one...

Old 06-14-2014, 09:27 PM   #59839
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
got the oil changed at the stealership because it was cheap
Old 06-14-2014, 09:32 PM   #59840
"It's Alright We got 37s" -JJ
BYJOSHCOOK has a spectacular aura aboutBYJOSHCOOK has a spectacular aura about

Name: Josh
BYJOSHCOOK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Got my SOS Concepts bed rack, now gotta wait for my RTT, the second one...

Nice! Looks good! Might have to get one when I get some cash! I'd love to get a RTT

Products Discussed in this Thread