Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What have you done to your Tacoma today? 1st Gen Edition

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-14-2014, 04:21 PM   #59821
Sloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
And while rotating my tires I noticed my passenger side all pro leaf is broken...
Old 06-14-2014, 04:45 PM   #59822
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Dang man, everytime I see pics of the underside of a truck from the NE I cringe at all the rust.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:47 PM   #59823
Redneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Redneck92's Tacoma Gallery
Damn that sucks.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:54 PM   #59824
04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Corrections
Name: Robert
04tacomarob's Tacoma Gallery
Been busy the past month! :-D

Toytec lift with the Dakar leaf packs
Light Racing UCA's
Inner and outer tie rods(Moog)
Lower ball joints(Moog)
New coil packs
Just waiting on my brake lines from All Pro, think I need to call soon. Going on my 3rd week with no tracking # or lines
Old 06-14-2014, 05:11 PM   #59826
cynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cynicalrider's Tacoma Gallery
Picked up a new to me 4xinnovations bumper!

Old 06-14-2014, 05:15 PM   #59827
cynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cynicalrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Dang man, everytime I see pics of the underside of a truck from the NE I cringe at all the rust.
Tell me about it.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:29 PM   #59828
yf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yf19's Tacoma Gallery
I peeled off all the plastidip crap from my front end and shot some Duplicolor bed liner spray, the blue can not the shield with Kevlar. The stuff is great. I sanded the chrome with 80 grit, was going to go finer grit but honestly it is not necessary. Duplicolor self etching primer and 4 coats of the bed liner.

This one is still hanging there drying that's why it looks uneven. It takes more than 24 hours to fully cure.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:46 PM   #59829
Ratio
BYJOSHCOOK has a spectacular aura aboutBYJOSHCOOK has a spectacular aura about

Name: Josh
BYJOSHCOOK's Tacoma Gallery
What have you done to your Tacoma today? 1st Gen Edition

Might have to try that, damn plasti dip holds mud in it like ghost type of thing and it looks like shit
Old 06-14-2014, 05:50 PM   #59830
Sloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
X2
Ya everytime I work on it I have to wear safety glasses do I don't get an eye full of rust. And ya, it's depressing. Those springs are only 9 months old.
Old 06-14-2014, 06:52 PM   #59831
Neverstaystock is on a distinguished road
Neverstaystock's Tacoma Gallery
About how long does it take to install a 3" toytec coil lift with an add a leaf and new shocks? 4-5 hours?
Old 06-14-2014, 06:53 PM   #59832
johnboyTRD is a splendid one to beholdjohnboyTRD is a splendid one to beholdjohnboyTRD is a splendid one to beholdjohnboyTRD is a splendid one to beholdjohnboyTRD is a splendid one to beholdjohnboyTRD is a splendid one to beholdjohnboyTRD is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
johnboyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverstaystock View Post
About how long does it take to install a 3" toytec coil lift with an add a leaf and new shocks? 4-5 hours?

I would plan for more time than that.
Old 06-14-2014, 06:55 PM   #59833
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
installed a p/s cooler. alot more work than i anticipated.... but great peace of mind
Old 06-14-2014, 07:01 PM   #59834
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
Ya everytime I work on it I have to wear safety glasses do I don't get an eye full of rust. And ya, it's depressing. Those springs are only 9 months old.
Old 06-14-2014, 07:09 PM   #59835
muddedtaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Wesley
muddedtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleCoug View Post
!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-14-2014, 07:18 PM   #59836
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboyTRD View Post
I would plan for more time than that.
Even if like I had a shop do it? I cannot install it myself and was trying to find a reasonable time. and this one place was saying like 7-10 hours for a professional shop to install it. Sound reasonable?
Old 06-14-2014, 07:26 PM   #59837
yf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yf19's Tacoma Gallery
What spring compressor has been used to take icons apart here?
Old 06-14-2014, 07:49 PM   #59838
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverstaystock View Post
Even if like I had a shop do it? I cannot install it myself and was trying to find a reasonable time. and this one place was saying like 7-10 hours for a professional shop to install it. Sound reasonable?
A shop will probably charge you about 5 hrs of labor at least. Try to haggle them down to 3 or 4. The average price range for what you want is around $600. Which would equate to roughly 6-7 hrs depending what the hourly rate is. So if you can get them down to $300-$400 that would be a good price from what I've seen.

Although a DIY job is always more fulfilling and saves $
Old 06-14-2014, 07:53 PM   #59839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainmoe02 View Post
A shop will probably charge you about 5 hrs of labor at least. Try to haggle them down to 3 or 4. The average price range for what you want is around $600. Which would equate to roughly 6-7 hrs depending what the hourly rate is. So if you can get them down to $300-$400 that would be a good price from what I've seen.

Although a DIY job is always more fulfilling and saves $
HONESTLY, I would absolutely love to do it myself... But have never done anything of this serious in nature, and do not want to fuck up my truck or do something wrong.
Old 06-14-2014, 08:25 PM   #59840
muddedtaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Wesley
muddedtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I put my cousins 33" mud king on the back just to do it and it was a mistake. As soon as I lowered the jack I fell in love, so now I am and pricing lifts, tires, and rims.

Products Discussed in this Thread